LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disposable Diapers Doomed For Extintion.

Not really.

Generally speaking, the equipment cost and man hours spent laundering cloth diapers for a care facility would be enormous. It's much more practical to go with disposables.

I have worked in two separate care facilities. Both used disposables exclusively.

well Luvsgurl i was not just talking hospitals.think of all the people that get in home care.plus there are 1000s of care facilitys all over this country.As you said you onley worked in two.

well Luvsgurl i was not just talking hospitals.think of all the people that get in home care.plus there are 1000s of care facilitys all over this country.As you said you onley worked in two.

Luvsgurl was talking about Care Facilities, not hospitals.

I've been to dozens of others, as we have quite a few out here in Vegas. Not one of them has ever used cloth diapers. Not only are they incredibly work intensive to deal with but they also require facilities that are large enough to handle them when they're being dealt with en masse. I know it's fun to ponder but cloth is not used AT ALL in any modern caregiving facilities.

In-home care is different. That's usually dictated at the patient's behest. It's also usually done in the least expensive fashion possible. When you're referring to a bedridden adult, that is not cloth.

Remember it this way: How many large-scale disposable adult diaper (I'm talking mass production, several million to a billion diapers per year) providers are there, not including the ABDL ones, just in the US? 10? 12? 15? How many large-scale adult cloth diaper production companies are there? Zero. There is no demand for them on any scale but the individual purpose. Otherwise, you'd find a lot more evidence for their wide usage, and that evidence simply does not exist.

• Like 1

Oil can be made by Fischer–Tropsch Synthesis.

this process has been around since the 1920s and Germany and Japan used the process to make fuel during WW2 from coal.

but this process can use any organic like trash, wood, sewage as feed stock.

one problem the US has had for years is finding landfill space for trash.

with the Fischer–Tropsch process landfills for trash would no longer be needed and the process can make oil from trash for about $60 a barrel. far less the the cost for oil from the ground now.

In October 2006, Finnish paper and pulp manufacturer UPM announced its plans to produce biodiesel by Fischer–Tropsch process alongside the manufacturing processes at its European paper and pulp plants, using waste biomass resulted by paper and pulp manufacturing processes as source material.

A demonstration scale F-T plant is owned and operated by Rentech Inc in partnership with ClearFuels, a company specializing in biomass gasification. Located in Commerce City, Colorado (U.S.), the facility produces about 10 barrels per day of fuels from natural gas. Commercial scale facilities are planned for Rialto, California, Natchez, Mississippi, Port St. Joe, Florida, and White River, Ontario.[

In 2009, chemists working for the U.S. Navy investigated Fischer-Tropsch for generating fuels, obtaining hydrogen by electrolysis of seawater. When combined with the dissolved carbon dioxide using a cobalt-based catalyst, this study produced mostly methane gas. However, when using an iron-based catalyst, it was possible to reduce the methane produced to 30 per cent with the rest being predominantly short-chain hydrocarbons. Further refining of the hydrocarbons produced applying solid acid catalysts, such as zeolites, can potentially lead to the production of kerosene-based jet fuel.

The abundance of CO2 makes seawater an attractive alternative fuel source. Scientists at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory stated that, "although the gas forms only a small proportion of air – around 0.04 per cent – ocean water contains about 140 times that concentration". Robert Dorner presented the findings of his work to the American Chemical Society on 16 August 2009, at the Marriott Metro Center in Washington DC. Of course, such a method requires an energy source - since CO2 is a major product of combustion, converting it back into combustible material is a highly endothermic (energy-absorbing) process. In practice this would probably come from nuclear power, which is in abundant supply aboard navy nuclear powered ships

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fischer-Tropsch_process

The BS that we are running out of oil is just that we have been able to make oil since the 1920s

There are definitely loads of alternative 'plastics' made from corn, etc. that are being developed. So it is just a matter of responding to cost or public opinion for an eventual switch in the future. I don't see them going anywhere either, unless there is some other huge relative advance.

• 3 weeks later...

"....Cushing as the delivery spot (why Cushing, OK USA, I don't know)"

I think I have your answer to that...

Friend of mine just took a position with a HUGE conglomerate oil company. Was required to move to Tulsa OK. It turns out that Tulsa is essentially the center of the oil pipline universe, going outward from there to points all over. Perhaps Cushing is the delivery point for such pipelines...