LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Has Anyone Ever Had Shingles?

I was diagnosed with shingles 2 weeks ago! It is horrible!! I was wondering how long this is gonna last! I have never felt bad for this long in my whole life!!! I'm getting very frustrated!!

So I assume you had chicken pox as a kid?? They say if you've had chicken pox, then you can

get shingles too....

The strange thing is that there IS a vaccine, but they recommend it for adults 60 and over?!?!?

Personally, no, but my brother had them in high school. I started calling him Shangles. It was sooo gross.

Take the meds your Dr. gave you (if they did).

Use a topical itch cream, and take tons of ibuprofen.

Had it twice: in the earlier part of the 200's. What did they give you. Singles, as you know is the Chicken Pox virus and is in the nervous system. It is a form of herpesr. They attack it with the "vir" drugs, such as famvir, with which I was treated the second time. The first time, what they used was, I think, called Amphiver. The difference is that one of these drugs uses the body's recources to create the other, I have no idea how they work. If they get to you within 72 hours of the oubreak, they can mitigate the severity and time of the disease. I am not familiar with this disease occurring under age 50. Yes, it is one ugly-looking mother

Yes, I have had it. I got it at age 23 due to a sudden dip in my immune system at the time. It was literally the most painful two weeks of my entire life (after diagnosis. Probably about a week before diagnosis). I pity you if, like me, you got it on your face.

Firstly, see a doctor. They will give you a medication that makes sure the Shingles will not be contagious and will stop spreading. This is important because, if you don't you will be a walking Chicken Pox bomb (Shingles is a resurfacing of the Chicken Pox virus after it sits dormant in your spine for a time). This is doubly important if you have it on either side of your face (the virus attacks a single major nerve cluster). If you have it on your face, and it reaches your cornea, it can render you blind.

Secondly, see a doctor. They will give you the appropriate painkillers to not make your life a living hell if you caught it in a nerve-heavy area. I was on very, VERY big Vicodin pills and I still spent two weeks basically crying in my sleep.

Good luck, happydprdcouple. I sincerely hope this is faster and more pleasant for you than it was for me.

ya i got it when i 28 lost my good vision . i got it on my eye and forehead,, had it for two months. they gave me valtrex and i was allergic to it. well i hope you get over it fast.. my eye was swollen shut for the whole time, also could not go in the sun to sensitive