LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Potty Training Connection To Abdl

I was potty trained very late, I think I was about 5. This means that I can remember being in nappies for some time before even starting to use the potty at all. The potty training process took quite a long time, I think cos I was so used to using my nappy that I was reluctant to do anything else. I had many accidents after training, I think cos I was still in the habit of doing a wee or a poo in my pants. Diapers/nappies for me now remind of a time when things were easier and care-free.

I believe that a person becoming an infantilist revolves more around their personality than their potty training experience. Yes, I was difficult to potty train, but that is because of another personality trait: I don't like to give up things--especially things that give me comfort. I hated outgrowing my clothes when I was a child. I hated it when we had to trade in our family car. Hated changing schools. I also had a very enjoyable childhood and would have loved to stay locked at four years old eternally. Okay, maybe three so I could still have my diapers. Ask anyone that knows me and they'll tell you I do NOT adapt well to change. So I do not believe that potty training has all that much to do with why we love diapers so much now. Just my opinon, though.

I also don't think it has too much to with being an abdl, my fiance' was trained before she was ready (rather harshly too) and developed a toilet phobia but no interest in diapers. I however had no training issues or wetting issues and yet i'm a DL.

I think I'm a DL because as a child I had a small bladder so I was always running to the bathroom, but never had accidents. I had an alcoholic grandfather that we lived with that would always yell at me in the middle of the night for coming downstairs to use the bathroom. So I guess my little 8 year old mind came up with the idea of "hey if I wear a diaper then I wont have to come downstairs to use the potty and wont get yelled at." I guess mine started from a security/trying not to get in trouble thing and grew into my fetish.

I think it might be the same for a lot of us.

-Jeff-