LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Daily Diapers Awards

Has anyone given any thought to having a "viewer's choice awards given by this site in recognition to those who deserve it? I'm not talking about any money or anything, just acknowledgement. I know many other non-dl sites do this sort of thing, and it turns out well. At the very least, visitors looking for suggestions will know what to look for. Heck, if it's appropriate, we can even send a letter to the winner telling them that they won.

Here are the catagories I have so far for the "Golden Safety Pin" awards. If you think anything should be added please reply with your own suggestion (including a better name for the awards, although I like "Golden Safety Pin")

Best Disposable Diaper

Best Cloth Diaper

Best Plastic Pants

Best Online Diaper Vendor

Best AB/DL vendor website

Best AB/DL website other than Daily Diapers

(INTERNAL AWARDS)

Best Featured Story

Best Submitted Story (both on the discussion boards and the story section)

Best Submitted Picture (Easy to do since the number of views are tracked)

Most active member (based on number of posts)

Most popular member (I'm not sure about this one... it could get ugly)

My whole point is that if there's interest in doing this sort of thing, let me know. If so, I will be glad to take the lead. My next step would be to write a proposal to DD and go from there.

That is all.

-Jess

Most active member (based on number of posts)

Most popular member (I'm not sure about this one... it could get ugly)

Yeah... I'd hate to see me and Guitar Man get in a post fight... fist fight.... diaper fight. Hell, I'm getting out my ten foot long poking stick... and I don't mean the one you'd like me to pull out!

you got some posting to do to catch up boy.

---

regarding internal awards. ive seen many of these things at other BBS, they work best if just one person is the judge and gives out the awards. so, sense you thought it up, give awards out to members for whatever categories you can think of. hell, you can do a DD member of the week or month for having the best posts or whatnot.

most posts is not an achievement, its a cry for help. i got too much time on my hands.

I kinda worry about internal awards. I tend to think there will be big debates over who should win in a popularity contest. I mean then again best website could really break down into nothing more than an ad fest of links.

Maybe I am pessimistic about stuff like this? I don't know, I think just posting what everyone likes without turning it into some kind of contest might be productive. Though I guess if it were moderated or maybe just a straight poll with no posts it might work.

Jessm, I think that you have a good idea going on. Don't let yet another argument interfere with it.

I was wondering if you ran anything by dailydi? Will he be assisting with anything? I know that he's out until this weekend but have you sent a message to him yet? If not, then how should we go about making nominations and voting?

I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Jessm, I think that you have a good idea going on. Don't let yet another argument interfere with it.

I was wondering if you ran anything by dailydi? Will he be assisting with anything? I know that he's out until this weekend but have you sent a message to him yet? If not, then how should we go about making nominations and voting?

I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

DD dosent need to be involved, hes got too much to do. hell, if i were staying i would give out "Goo Goo Awards" for;

Daily Diaper Member of the Month

Chat Member of the Month

Best Quote of the Month

someone just do it, there really isnt much to discuss. hury! proclaim yourself the official before someone else does! lol

Speaking as someone who runs a set of forums that has a set of awards like this on it, this type of thing is best done without having the administration/moderation crew involved.

Oh and as your leaving, did anyone ever read your posts anyway no matter how long they were?

I think i mean as your judging everyone by your own standards, as in more than three lines and you didnt bother reading them?

You obviously havent been here long, you just dont take me or my sig seriously :drive1:

Speaking as someone who runs a set of forums that has a set of awards like this on it, this type of thing is best done without having the administration/moderation crew involved.

fuckin ditto

shit, jessm5! jessm5 YOU broached the subject i say after you read this MAKE A NEW THREAD (TOPIC) and give out the awards you want to give out! i dont care what they are, the discussion on this has gone on long enough. shit, i came here EXPECTING some awards from ANYONE to be handed out by now. THERE ISNT ANYTHING TO DISCUSS! hand them out! who cares if it's your line of reasoning. this is all for FUN! if we cant give out trivial awards for no good reason thats whats the point of this community? is the point of it that we all like diapers?

DUDE ONE "oh man diapers are cool."

DUDE TWO "yea, they totally are!"

is that the kind of bulletin board you want to be a part of?

DID I TEACH YOU PEOPLE ANYTHING?

you need to get goofy!

you need to let go!

the place is an outlet for frustration!

THATS WHY I'M RANTING RIGHT NOW!

if you would like to see awards given out then fine, JUST DO IT. (thank you nike)

give out awards, its only another silly thing to look forward to on the boards. its another reason to come here. and when people are here, they are more likely to post. and with more posts then there is a greater chance for other people to post! so MAKE THIS HAPPEN SO WE CAN BUILD OUR SOCIETY STRONGER AND BIGGER! go ahead, someone ANYONE, JUST DO IT!