LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hair Removal

I have pretty hairy legs which i would like to make as smooth as a baby's behind. I don't want to mess around with wax and i don't want to use razors as they always leave irritating stubble. Is there any product besides wax that could remove hair from my legs (and possibly other more sensative areas) without leaving stubble?

I usually use a hair removal cream it used to be called immac but now its called VEET .Do read the instructions and test on a small area first.SOMETIMES I USE A LADYSHAVER but they dont leave you as smooth :girl_baby:

Unfortunately, all the hair removal creams etc on the market do is chemically dissolve the hair on your skin, and up to a centimeter below the level. This is ok, but one has to keep using the product every 2-3 days depending on the speed of hair growth. This can also create a rash as an allergic reaction to the chemicals involved. Another side effect is that the hair follicle can get infected, and spots etc show.

Shaving is better, but has to be repeated more often, and does not get the hair below the level of the skin. It also causes razor burn - where the blades also scrape off a layer of skin.

The 'Ladyshaver' and similar work by plucking out the hairs. This is painful, the hair will regrow, and can grow sideways and block the pores.

The only permanent or semi-permanent way of removing the hair is to kill the hair follicle at the root. Electrolysis tries to do this, but the bodies natural repair cycle will create new follicles.

Laser treatment is almost a better way as it burns the hair root - and follicle which can't repair and regrow. However, it will take about 50 treatments over a year or two to get all the hair follicles.

In conclusion, if you have the finance, and can find someone who will perform this on your diaper area, laser treatment will get you back to the baby smooth feeling eventually.

Unfortunately, all the hair removal creams etc on the market do is chemically dissolve the hair on your skin, and up to a centimeter below the level. This is ok, but one has to keep using the product every 2-3 days depending on the speed of hair growth. This can also create a rash as an allergic reaction to the chemicals involved. Another side effect is that the hair follicle can get infected, and spots etc show.

Shaving is better, but has to be repeated more often, and does not get the hair below the level of the skin. It also causes razor burn - where the blades also scrape off a layer of skin.

The 'Ladyshaver' and similar work by plucking out the hairs. This is painful, the hair will regrow, and can grow sideways and block the pores.

The only permanent or semi-permanent way of removing the hair is to kill the hair follicle at the root. Electrolysis tries to do this, but the bodies natural repair cycle will create new follicles.

Laser treatment is almost a better way as it burns the hair root - and follicle which can't repair and regrow. However, it will take about 50 treatments over a year or two to get all the hair follicles.

In conclusion, if you have the finance, and can find someone who will perform this on your diaper area, laser treatment will get you back to the baby smooth feeling eventually.

I must disagree with a few things here :Crylol: I have no experience with removal creams, but friends all say test a small area first- chemicals can make some nasty burns ;) The multi-blade razors will give the closest shave possible :D but they cut almost too readily- you have to be careful with them :o My beard grew very fast B.E.*, and the only way I could go out was to use a Mach3 (still my fave for the other places :blush: ) That was good for 5-6 hours before a shadow showed- a new single blade was only good for 2-3 :angry2: I have never had a problem with ingrown hairs due to using a Mach3- in fact it's less of an issue than before.

My main disagreement is about electrolysis, as subject I know a huge amount about and have spent a huge amount of money on :DProperly done electrolysis is the most effective way to kill hair growth, and this has been proven many times over B) When it doesn't work well, the usual culprit it the tech doing the work, either through using the wrong type of electro or by not using enough power. Sometimes it's misapplication of the probe- too shallow or not straight in. Laser actually applies less heat to the base of the root than electrolysis. For it to get there where the killing happens, it has to travel through the hair shaft. That heat conductivity is best on dark hairs- laser is ineffective on white or light color hairs :( Your top power threshold on laser is burning of the skin surface, which happens at a lower temperature than what is achievable with electrolysis- especially the thermolysis or blend methods. With the probe, the only heated area is the follicle itself and the hair in it so you can run a higher temperature safely -_- And to end my dissertation, the body never grows new follicles- you have the same number you were born with, save for damage which lessens that number. Laser can be effective for many people using the newest machines with a good Tech doing the work. The main advantage of Laser is that larger areas can be done more quickly. Follicle-by-follicle is painfully slow- my face teatment alone took about two years going twice a week. I had one of the best Techs alive (a T-girl herself) and we used a triple-pulsed Blend method with the bias slightly toward Thermolysis. The effectiveness? Superb! 7+ years later I have only a dozen hairs that need plucking on my entire face, and if I left them and went for treatment they too would disappear forever as well. Once I could put the Wolfman to shame with two days growth- now I pluck a few hairs every 2-3 weeks and never have to shave where she completed the work :wub: I could pay cash for a new car with what it cost me but it is priceless to me and will last longer than that car would :lol:

* B.E. = Before Electrolysis

Bettypooh, the Poor but Hairless

Guest Baby Tiana

I find when I have shaved that the Venius 5 blade female shavers help a lot. I am typically very picky with shavers, and the more blades the better result you will get. Also i recommend not shaving every day. Also after you get out moisturize your legs with lotion. It helps :) That's just my two cents :)

Ooooh and the weird Nair knock off for women works, but smells like you're getting a perm...EWW

Hairy legs aren't pretty :D

They are if you are a monkey :roflmao:

Bettypooh, as you are aware of, plucked hairs DO regrow since the follicle is still alive and active. Unless the follicle is killed - via electrolysis or laser, hair will grow again.

They are if you are a monkey :roflmao:

Bettypooh, as you are aware of, plucked hairs DO regrow since the follicle is still alive and active. Unless the follicle is killed - via electrolysis or laser, hair will grow again.

Yep, I know. It's just that I can't stand to see one of those few little buggers popping out of an otherwise hairless face :blush: Not much point going for a razor to do one hair when the eyebrow tweezers are right there :lol: I'd love to finish my plan but don't have the money now :crybaby: Just my lower tummy is left where half were killed- we always did touch-ups on the cleared areas as we worked downward and that would have cleared the 'dirty dozen' left on my face :rolleyes: One more tidbit of hair info:

The hair you see in any given follicle pore 6 months from now isn't the same hair you're seeing now :huh: There are several follicles in each hole, and each hair has a regrowth cycle of 5-15 weeks (that time varies wildly) ;) That's why just a few treatments isn't going to seem very effective later on. Laser can't work on those dormant follicles since there is no hair to transfer the heat, and to use electro the probe most follow the direction of the visible hair shaft into the hole to reach the bottom of the follicle. No visible hair means no killing it- sneaky little beggars, aren't they? :angel_not:

Bettypooh