LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers And Family

First off, I hope I am posting this in the right forum.

Anyway, I have been wondering lately about some things and just curious how other people handled the situation. My wife and I have been talking more and more lately about having children and while I want them more than anything in the world at this point (well aside from my wife, heh) I am worried about how to handle my situation with the diapers. I'm not sure if I should completely stop with the bedroom games, or just be discreet with it.

Some of my fears are if my children grow up and wonder why mommy is dressed like them by accident, or my family (who I assume will visit more often) maybe finding something in our room. Right now they don't visit here at all to be honest so it isn't a concern at the moment.

Basically, I am just curious how other parents handled the situation and maybe get some suggestions on what I could do to deal with this. Thanks

I may not be a parent here, but several things occur to me:

1) You probably have a good two years or so from the time you decide to "start working" on having a family before you have to worry about your child causing a problem. Once they can talk, they can talk about what they see. And that can be when troubles begin -- well before they realize implications of their words.

2) As far as relatives are concerned, yes, they probably will come over more often. (I'm going to use "house" here to describe your abode. Feel free to read it as "appartment," "flat," etc.)

Here's an idea to ensure your relatives don't stumble on anything they shouldn't:

Choose a closet in your house, prefereably one in your master bedroom, or very close to it. Install a new knob on it that locks with a key. (This might not work so cleanly if you only have one closet in your house.) This is easiest with door that has a standard thickness -- i.e. one that already has a normal door knob. Put all of your "adult" toys in here, along with anything else you might not want junior or a curious guest to wander into -- jewelry boxes, important papers, a personal safe, etc. If you still have more room, try and use it for items that are not used on a regular basis. I'd suggest keeping "adult" items & diapers, and anything else that would arouse questions just upon being seen covered or in a box or other closing, opaque container.

Now, the most important part: KEEP IT LOCKED. You never know when relatives will stop by and a nosy mother-in-law will decide she needs to get something from that closet, because she's gonna help you out around the house, and that closet MUST be the place where it is kept. Or some younger relative might decide to explore... Or even a nosy friend that is left unattended might decide to browse for some reason.

If anyone asks why it is locked, you can honestly reply that you keep certain valuables and important and fragile items in there. If anyone presses you, you can honestly assure them that they have no need to get into that closet.

Once your kids hit about age 8 or so, guard the key(s) to that VERY carefully, because whether innocent or not, kids will explore, and they will find your dirty little secrets.

On second thought, a deadbolt might be more secure. You can't open that with a credit card. And in addition to everything else, you really have created a place that is fairly secure to store things -- sure, it isn't perfectly secure, but if your house is robbed, a thief will grab what is visible and accessible quickly. The harder something is to get to, the more likely it is to be stolen.

So, from the standpoint of someone who does not yet have kids, there's a little input.

I may not be a parent here, but several things occur to me:

Now, the most important part: KEEP IT LOCKED. You never know when relatives will stop by and a nosy mother-in-law will decide she needs to get something from that closet, because she's gonna help you out around the house, and that closet MUST be the place where it is kept. Or some younger relative might decide to explore... Or even a nosy friend that is left unattended might decide to browse for some reason.

So, from the standpoint of someone who does not yet have kids, there's a little input.

Here's a little more:

Mis-label boxes with that kind of stuff in them with something boring --- like "laundry"..

And you can simply explain to your relatives that that closet is where you keep your guns....a small gun safe is perfect obfuscation...and has a *really* nice lock..

But yes, you do need to keep discreet with your children....

Well, in any situation I have no intentions whatsoever of introducing my children to this lifestyle my main concern is if I should stop altogether or just try and hide it and such. In either situation I need to get a lock on my bedroom door since the apartment doesn't have any for the bedrooms.

The safe idea is a really good one because even if someone does find it I could just lie (although everyone around me knows I despise guns so that wouldn't work so well hehe). Right now I have a foot locker with a lock on the front and the only key is on my key chain with my car keys that I used for our things. I just know my family wouldn't understand if they found our things. I tried to explain my.. uh desire..once to my mom when I was a teen (she is a nurse and basically just asked if I had any questions about sex in general, you know "the talk") I could tell she wasn't ready for it at all. I almost think she would have been more relieved to hear that I was gay rather than that. (No offense to those who are of course)

Anyway thanks for the advice, I know my wife and I have a lot more talks about this and many other things involving the kids in the coming months.

I have some disposables out in the garage in boxes mislabled, and more in the bedroom in a file cabinet. Then the cloth setting up on the shelf, so anyone who goes in will see. Am not really concerned. Wife knows all about my likes and desires. Believe my 16 year old daughter knows but hasn't said. Knowing how kids get into things they aren't supposed to, as am sure most everyone here did at onetime or another. I try and be descrete, seldom wear cloth, due to the bulk, when daughter is home, or especially when going out. Don't have any problems wearing disposables out, or around the house. Though the occassional leaks can be a bit unnerving.