LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Nervous

BBB

I have a job interview at a aerospace/defense sub-contractor tomorrow morning.

First interview I've had in nearly a year. For some reason, I'm very nervous even though I interview like a champ.... Pre-show jitters I guess.

The commute is roughly 100 miles each way.... Through LA traffic.... Wonderful.

Wish me luck!

• Like 1

Good luck but ... 100 miles in la traffic if it is any time close to rush hour it will take 3-4 hours each way... add 9 hours of work into that and your looking at 15 hour days not counting 1-2 hours to get up and ready... well good luck with the job but man i feel for your schedule..

Well, 40 miles of it is the 14 fwy which isnt bad, and the last 20 is on the 60 fwy which I know nothing about during rush hour.

Soon I'll have my motorcycle back up and running. That will afford me some time savings during the commute. Im hoping they work 4 ten hour shifts rather than 5 eight hour shifts.

• Like 1

I wouldn't call the defense industry "stable". Especially in a depressed economic situation with a democrat president. They tend to cut or reduce programs. I've currently been laid off about a year.

My drive down here only took 90 minutes. Not bad at all. Except I'm 90 minutes early now.

• Like 1

Well, right now I'm getting 1720/mo or so on unemployment.

This job would pay less plus it'd cost $160/week in gas to drive there and back.... When I say I can't make the money work I really mean I couldn't make it work, because I'm very depressed about being out of the industry this long.

• Like 1

ok then it actually seems to make sense to keep getting unemployrment..... also BBB, think about taking a class at a community college or the local Univ, to sorta brush up on your skills, and then on your resume it looks like while you were not employed you were still "in the game" so to speak. there are often lots of scholarships available, or a small student loan to take some classes ... I'm just not sure though, how that would affect your getting unemployment..

but still congrats on nailing the interviewing, even if you don't take it, its gotta feel good to know you still got the skills!

It truly did.

To be able to convey my comprehensive understanding of the relevant technology, while subtly selling myself and have it come across seamlessly does wonders for my feeling of self-worth.

I could really use some more math skills. I need to go back to the local CC, and I'm sure I'd qualify for Fedral Aid

• Like 1

Glad you got the job even if you dont want it. The transportation cost seems crazy. Could justify buying a super econo car just dont get one of those "smart" cars they are way too small unless they come with a built in life insurance policy. I hope you find what your looking for work these days is slim. Did they say if it would pay more after the temp trial..it may be worth it to take a loss in the short term. I just hope they dont turn you in to unemployment for "refusing work" A friend of mine used a temp agency for a bit and they kept offering him horrid jobs like moving boxes of paper all day by hand for minimum wage an hour and a half away from his home. Then when he turned them down they tried to get his unemployment cut off...

well, as expected, they called and made an offer of 10.75/hr..... 1/2 of what I used to make when I was last working.

I negotiated up to 13/hr, expecting them to balk and say they weren't going to match it.... but they did, with very little hesitation... which tells me I could of gotten a bit more out of it.... oh well.

I guess I'm going to take Sarah's advice and make the best of it, while I keep searching.

• Like 1

Glad you got the job even if you dont want it. The transportation cost seems crazy. Could justify buying a super econo car just dont get one of those "smart" cars they are way too small unless they come with a built in life insurance policy. I hope you find what your looking for work these days is slim. Did they say if it would pay more after the temp trial..it may be worth it to take a loss in the short term. I just hope they dont turn you in to unemployment for "refusing work" A friend of mine used a temp agency for a bit and they kept offering him horrid jobs like moving boxes of paper all day by hand for minimum wage an hour and a half away from his home. Then when he turned them down they tried to get his unemployment cut off...

Actually it would not be worth it to take a loss if it dose not cover all of ones household bills along with gas, car insurance, car payments if you have them

well, as expected, they called and made an offer of 10.75/hr..... 1/2 of what I used to make when I was last working.

I negotiated up to 13/hr, expecting them to balk and say they weren't going to match it.... but they did, with very little hesitation... which tells me I could of gotten a bit more out of it.... oh well.

I guess I'm going to take Sarah's advice and make the best of it, while I keep searching.

That commute will kill you...unless you can move close.

As for math: either take a class, or spend about $20 on a book by Georgi Shilov called "Linear Algebra"..then work it through...(I assume you've had calculus, or at least trig)

I think I'm gonna be OK.

I got my motorcycle running today, alot easier than I had expected. Cleaned the carbs, replaced some fuel line.... I have a small leak on the right side carb that I need to find, but I'm betting it's a stuck float.... Or the missing bolt that should be holding on the bowl.... Gee I wonder which is more likely.

Sea-Foam and an oil change.... It'll be good for 50mpg rather than the 30mpg of the car which is what I based my fuel costs at.... Luckily So-Cal has mostly good weather year round so that should work in my favor.

CONGRATS on talking them up!!!

also, dont forget lots of company's have tuition reimbursment if the class is reltated to your job.... so if they do.. take a mathclass online, or at the local college, have the company pay for it, then you can use the recent work experience and the class to get an even better job!!!