LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Waterproof Mattress Covers

I am no a bedwetter, but sometimes when i wet my diaper leaks. I know that a mattress is not something i will be able to purchase should it get soaked with urine often, so i protect it.

I have 2 mattress covers that have a plastic sheet built into them (just covers the top, no the sides), but the one has developed large slits or cracks in it.

How can i wash these and not ruin them

Today i put the good one in the wash on hot and then rinse on warm (there is not a hot rinse), and will be putting it directly into the dryer and then bringing upstairs and putting it back on my bed.

should this process make the covers last longer??

What do you all do

Yea follow Goo's suggestion, thats how I had to do it forever... Also they won't last forever unfortunately, the good news is that they don't cost much, and they are relatively safe as long as you keep them clean.

Guh, I hate waterproof matresses, they were the anathema of my childhood.

i made sure to wash in hot water and warm rinse, then straight to the dryer, and then upstairs. I think what happened is that when my mom washed the one she rinsed in cold water, causing the PVC to get cold, which it will crack when cold, especially when it gets moved around (like the agitator in the washing machine)