LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shy Bladder Syndrome

cuteseydl

I do not know if this is in the right spot or not. I recently went to 24/7 and currently having trouble peeing while out and around people. I have no trouble at all when I am in the comfort of my own personal space at home. Has anyone else dealt with this? Does anyone one have any tips on being able to pee no matter what? Because holding it is only going to slow down the process.

Ha! Thought this was only a guy thing. Don't know if my tricks will work with a woman's plumbing. At the urinal I close my eyes and imagine that I'm alone or that the guy next to me has little hearts or babies with rattles on his boxers. When wearing a diaper it helps if I stand up or if I lean forward a little bit. In bed I have to put my legs up and bend my knees. Hope you find something that works.

-DR

For some reason I always thought this was a guy thing, too! Some guys can't pee at the urinal if another guy is nearby. But I can't pee my pants if someone is nearby. :(

Unfortunately I haven't figured it out yet either, and it's been particularly troubling when traveling (flying, or a passenger in someone else's car). I even have a hard time when visiting the home of a local DL friend. I suppose it's like anything else: practice, practice, practice. The other other option would seem to be putting yourself in a situation where you're surrounded by people. Sort of like immersion therapy, but immediately going for the worst case scenario. In this situation, I assume you would adjust pretty quickly.

Just my two cents.

(BTW, I think you'd get more replies in the "Our Lifestyle" forum, instead of in a sub forum.)

And for a 3rd time I also thought this was a guy thing lol.

But, I have tried out in public before and I could not do it. The need for me to pee just vanished. I think it just has something to do with us just feeling like everyone is looking at us and is trying to find our diapers. For me it seemed more like a guilty conscious.

Unfortunately I don't have tips, I was never able to do it :(

I try to think of a cold soft drink or how it feels good to pee after several beers. Visualizing a nice tall cold beer in a large frosted mug helps. Think I am thirsty now...

It's more common with boys because of some societal psychological messalogical thinga-ma-bobber. :P Same with how some girls have a hard time urinating while standing, they are just trained not to so well it's hard to break that training even when there's another aspect countering it.

Cuteseydl, I won't begin to guess why it is so with you, so many factors and even a doctor would have to look at a lot of them. There are a lot of tricks people can recommend, just try them until you find one. If it's not a medical issue though you could just try giving it some time and eventually you will just do it. Another I have heard is wetting a little before going out, it seems to counteract the training to the contrary well. But again, that's just one of many possible tricks that would work.