LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Generic Diapers Similarity To Name Brand

so I got to thinking....

I'm using Walgreens baby diapers as boosters and their construction is very similar to huggies...rounded bumps on some of the tapezones...etc

before this I was using shopko-brand which struck me as similar to luvs in their construction

what store brands correspond to what name brands in sizing, feel, and construction?

• Like 1

so I got to thinking....

I'm using Walgreens baby diapers as boosters and their construction is very similar to huggies...rounded bumps on some of the tapezones...etc

before this I was using shopko-brand which struck me as similar to luvs in their construction

what store brands correspond to what name brands in sizing, feel, and construction?

Costco's Kirkland brand is similar to Huggies. I believe that Wal-Mart's old "White Cloud" brand was also similar to Huggies, but I'm not entirely sure. Since Luvs are a budget brand, I'd expect most generic store brands to be similar to them in construction due to cost. (Luvs are effectively a generic brand that isn't store-specific.) Most generic brands are made by the company that bought out Tyco's healthcare division, so many will be similar to each other. I believe that Target's Up & Up brand are also comparable to Huggies.

Most generic store brands actually have some sort of "dare to compare" on the packaging of their products. For example, one store might have a generic brand that says "compare to Luvs," another might say "compare to Huggies," and some that don't want to pay for the rights to use any trademarks will simply say "Compare to leading brands." Sometimes the "compare to" is accurate, other times a "compare to Huggies" should probably read "compare to Luvs" and vice-versa.

What a lot of people don't realize is that many generic/store brand products (not just diapers, but generic products in general,) are likely infringing on patents held by the makers of name-brand products. The reason that the makers of name-brand products don't sue the stores that sell generic products which infringe on their patents is that those same stores are also the distributors for the name brand products. For example, if P&G sued Shopko because their generic diapers potentially infringed on a patent for Luvs, Shopko would likely drop all P&G products from their stores. Now if P&G was making Luvs and infringing on a patent used by KCWW for Huggies, KCWW would sue the diapers right off of them and vice-versa. The makers of name-brand products actually give their distributors a lot of leeway when it comes to generic products, which is part of the reason many generic brands now resemble Huggies and Luvs. I'm pretty sure that there's at least one generic brand that resembles Pampers, but probably not many given how much more expensive Pampers tend to be then other name brand diapers.