LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

No Harry Potter 3D Part 1

DailyDi

3D can look really very stunning so long as it's shot in 3D with proper 3D cameras ~ say what you will of the story, but Avatar was absolutely amazing to see in 3D; films made 3D in post production don't work nearly as well. But you can stray too far to the other extreme as well and have films shot in 3D with scenes made overtly for the 3D effect. Drawing to Avatar again, the 3D use in that movie is subtle and natural, but in a movie such as The Final Destination or the new Resident Evil? It just feels very forced. I think the key is in making it an element of the movie and not a selling point of the movie. Treat it in the same realm as Surround Sound, imo ~ use it to enhance the experience, but don't try and make it sell tickets on its own for you.

Sorry, but Avatar is "played out", as some say. The "Dances with Wolves in space" analogy works, but you can go back further and find more movies just like it. Story was pretty much cookie cutter, like Final Fantasy: Spirits Within it was simply made to demonstrate a new technology, no thought was put into it. ;) BTW I like Spirits Within personally, though a lot of other Final Fantasy fans didn't, but only because it was pretty.

the only reason avatar was good was because it was the first movie to do the 3d. the movie itself sucked, it was dances with wolves in space.

And Star Wars was The Hidden Fortress, in Space. So what?~ Films are always going to be derivative, that's how the medium evolves. Of course, the only thing more "played out" than Avatar is the cookie-cutter comments of "its dances with wolves" and "it's fern gully", et al. The problem as I see it is that people loved the film ~ and they did, because they saw it and obviously gave it favorable thoughts to their friends because clearly they saw it too. But then the media hits with these 'witty' comments and suddenly people do a backflip on their opinions? Silly silly fickle people.

Btw, Avatar was by no means the first 3D film ~ it's not even the first 3D film of this current resurgence of the medium being en vogue. What it is, however, is the benchmark for how 3D cinema should be done, in terms of not over-doing it. Unlike The Final Destination or Resident Evil Afterlife, where you can clearly spot the "money shot" scenes for the 3D medium, with things "flying out at you"; Avatar merely used the effect to force perspective in a subtle and natural manner that worked superbly. It really doesn't matter a single iota if you genuinely don't like the film or just want to regurgitate your own derivative pop culture memes regarding it ~ the simple fact is that the film showed how 3D photography can enhance the presentation of the film without having to be the key focus of it.

And fyi, I saw Avatar first in 2D. And then in 3D ~ it gave me hope for the technology; that it might be actually usable as a medium to enhance immersion rather than as the fad-of-the-moment. Hate the film all you like; but you can't take away the high-water-mark of the visual presentation that it's left behind.

• Like 1

o.O So those of us bored with the same old thing but a new face are the bad ones? Just because there are fewer of us tired of seeing remakes and sequels Hollywood keeps making remakes and sequels ... and not very good ones. The few movies I've seen recently that were actually completely new bombed in the box office, which is disappointing enough. Avatar was just a remake of the same cookie cutter material, Beowulf remake CGI (but blue now) with a story thinner than old war movies, and the only thing that makes it unique at all was the medium, which is really just a fad. There's a huge benefit of 2D that is often overlooked, you can see everything going on without getting whiplash. ;)

Not to mention that the special effects actually get worse with each film ... ;) Like the crew is thinking "another broom flying scene? Let's just copypasta it from the earlier ones."

Really? That's the first time ive heard anyone think its getting worse. Anyways, I'm glad to see they plan on releasing these as a standard 2d movie, with a post-production 3d to appease the 3d fad. I don't think thus 'passive 3d' think will take hold any more than its blue and red predecessor.

Was Avatar a Dances with wolves remake? Possibly. There is a very large problem especially in Modern America that we (as citizens of America) need to learn and take to heart or we will destroy ourselves a surely as the sun rises and sets. The problem that we have to deal with is that we are destroying nature and civilizations with our greed and not trying to live in concert with the earth and the enivrons that She gave us. When we go as far as we have to this end of the spectrum, destruction is the enevitable end unless drastic measures are taken and society as a whole adopts a different mindset than the one that is currently embraced.

As far as 3D being a fad or not, that remains to be seen and we will see what happens.