LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Has Kcww Stopped Selling It'S "Mega" Sized Line?

Okay, the topic title is pretty self-explanatory, but just to elaborate, let me explain what I mean.

Up until June (I think, maybe July,) of this year, I could pretty much find KCWW products in a "Mega" sized package anywhere that I looked. Huggies diapers, Huggies Pull-Ups, and GoodNites Underpants/Underwear all came in the "Mega" sized line.

For the past month or so though, I've noticed newer KCWW products making their way onto shelves in the "Jumbo" sized packaging, as well as the "Big Pack" boxes, but I cannot for the life of me find new products in the "Mega" sized packaging. I have been to virtually every supermarket, big box retailer, and pharmacy within my area, and pretty much nobody has anything in the "Mega" sized packaging anymore.

I finally asked a cashier today at one of the grocery stores if they expected anymore "Mega" sized KCWW products in stock, but as expected, the cashier seemed a bit flaky, and simply replied that "whatever we have is back there," pointing to the diaper aisle. (As if I didn't already know that.) Again, I know that asking the cashier was going to probably be pointless, but I figured that it wouldn't hurt.

So is it just me, or has KCWW dropped their "Mega" sized product line? Has anyone else had similar problems finding "Mega" sized packages of KCWW products recently? Any constructive input would be greatly appreciated. I really want to purchase the size six "Little Movers," and "Snug 'n' Dry" diapers in their new "MEGA" sized packages, and possibly some Pull-Ups, but I need to know if they still exist, or if I'm chasing after a product that simply isn't there.

Finally, for those of you who aren't sure what the "Mega" sized line is/was, let me try to explain it. Basically, the "Mega" sized packaging was a bag (rather than a box) of diapers that had the word "MEGA" printed on it, usually in the top right-hand corner. KCWW used it for virtually all of their diaper products. A few examples can be found below:

- Huggies "Snug 'n' Dry" size six came in a "MEGA" size package, it was often shaped like a cube in recent years.

- Huggies "Little Movers," and their "Supreme" predecessors also came in a "MEGA" sized package

- Huggies Pull-Ups came in the "Mega" sized package as well, the 4T-5T "MEGA" sized package contains, or at the very least contained, 33 Pull-Ups

- GoodNites Underpants/Underwear both come/came in "MEGA" sized packaging, the S/M size contains/contained 27 GoodNites, while the L/XL size contains/contained 21 GoodNites

I really hope my stores are just slow in getting new stock and that the "Mega" sized packaging hasn't been dropped entirely, although the lack of anything in "Mega" sized packaging in my area isn't looking good. I really don't want to have to buy the "Jumbo" sized bags, as they're usually less economical, and the "Big Pack" boxes are a bit more difficult to hide, store when in use, discreetly dispose of, and generally cost more than the "Mega" sized packages do/did, unless something's changed.

• Like 1
Guest NaughtyAshes

Because a cashier is totally suppose to know about the distribution and logistics status of some obscure product line.....seems the questioner is the flaky one here.

• Like 2

Because a cashier is totally suppose to know about the distribution and logistics status of some obscure product line.....seems the questioner is the flaky one here.

NaughtyAshes, you'll have to forgive me for my short temper here, but did you bother to read what I actually wrote, or did you simply read a verb, a noun, and hit the reply button? If you had bothered to read what I wrote, you would note that I specifically stated that I didn't expect the cashier to know a damned thing, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. If you bothered to read what I wrote, you would know that I had been to several stores before I even posted this message, over the course of at least a month.

I did not create this post based on what a cashier said, I created it based on an observation, and noted that I had talked to a cashier just to see if there was some off chance that they might have known something about a product that the store stocked. You'll note that I specifically asked for constructive input here as well, please try to offer such input in the future, thank you.

(As a side note, I should mention that the cashiers in this store have been quite knowledgeable about products that they carry or carried in the past, with some knowing the exact date that an item was due in stock. No harm was done by asking a question that might or might not have yielded a fruitful answer. In this case, the answer was useless, but then again, I expected that.)

• Like 4
Guest NaughtyAshes

NaughtyAshes, you'll have to forgive me for my short temper here, but did you bother to read what I actually wrote, or did you simply read a verb, a noun, and hit the reply button? If you had bothered to read what I wrote, you would note that I specifically stated that I didn't expect the cashier to know a damned thing, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. If you bothered to read what I wrote, you would know that I had been to several stores before I even posted this message, over the course of at least a month.

I did not create this post based on what a cashier said, I created it based on an observation, and noted that I had talked to a cashier just to see if there was some off chance that they might have known something about a product that the store stocked. You'll note that I specifically asked for constructive input here as well, please try to offer such input in the future, thank you.

(As a side note, I should mention that the cashiers in this store have been quite knowledgeable about products that they carry or carried in the past, with some knowing the exact date that an item was due in stock. No harm was done by asking a question that might or might not have yielded a fruitful answer. In this case, the answer was useless, but then again, I expected that.)

No, I read your whole entire smarmy criticism of cashiers. From, your calling them know-nothings to calling them flaky. Also, besides your insulting attitude I really had no interest in this post. KC changes its merchandising strategies frequently.

• Like 2

Or has never worked a day in their life as a cashier for any kind for any kind of buisness.

Actually, I have worked as a cashier, and when I worked as a cashier, I was expected to know exactly what was in stock, what was temporarily unavailable, and what was no longer carried. The exception to the rule was "call ahead" purchases that may have had to be specially ordered for a variety of reasons. (I left the store on good terms to attend college. I would have applied for a job there again, except it closed about a year after my first semester as a Freshman.)

No, I read your whole entire smarmy criticism of cashiers. From, your calling them know-nothings to calling them flaky. Also, besides your insulting attitude I really had no interest in this post.

Actually, two of my closest friends currently work as cashiers, thank you. I know the type of days that cashiers work, I know the type of people that they have to deal with, and I know how tiring the job can be. Remember, I was a cashier. My "criticism" is of cashiers who take no pride in their work, and who generally make all cashiers as a whole look bad. Unless you're the type of cashier that I'm talking about, you shouldn't be taking this personally.

Although it's true that in most stores, cashiers are expected to know less than in the past, I never referred to them as know-nothings. Don't put words in my mouth. I did refer to the particular cashier that I dealt with as "flaky," which was an accurate description. It was a statement of fact, nothing more, nothing less.

KC changes its merchandising strategies frequently.
That was the most useful thing you've contributed to this thread, thank you. :) To be quite honest, I really don't feel like arguing with you NaughtyAshes, I'm willing to forgive and forget if you're willing to do the same.
  • Like 2
  • 3 months later...

Considering that this contains new information, I feel that the "bump" is appropriate here. I was out last week and happened to find a couple of packages of "Mega" sized Huggies Little Movers, so I bought one. I'm not sure if this is old stock that hasn't moved or new stock that's been delayed in making its way to store shelves, or regular merchandise that just isn't available in my local stores, but I was in a location that I don't generally go to, saw these on the store shelf, and grabbed a bag since I'd been looking for them. I'd be curious to know if anyone else has seen these locally though with the current packaging design.

You see it more an more on forums lately. People wanting to know what such and such a certain product is like or who has this or that.

If someone wants to know a particular tidbit of information on a certain product, contact the manufacturer or supplier directly. Go to the respective websites and use the 'contact us' button and send them an email with your request.

Dirty Diaper...after reading all your posts and seeing how you have worked as a cashier and having friends work them as well, it astounds me that you could call someone 'flaky' because they did not know the status of certain stock in a store. Had you wanted to know that, why did you not ask a dept. manager or the store manager? I am sure they would have been able to give you the information you wanted. One of these managers could have scanned a sku from the shelf or looked it up in their product computer.

You see it more an more on forums lately. People wanting to know what such and such a certain product is like or who has this or that.

People ask other forum members with common interests what a certain product is like, and who has what for feedback from people who actually have purchased and/or used the product in question. Furthermore, forum members may ask whether or not other forum members have seen/purchased a specific product so that if someone in their area has done so, they know where to look for such a product. Not every store in a specific retail chain gets a product at the same time as other stores in the same chain. Likewise, some stores may not receive certain products at all, ever, even though the chain as a whole carries the product.

If someone wants to know a particular tidbit of information on a certain product, contact the manufacturer or supplier directly. Go to the respective websites and use the 'contact us' button and send them an email with your request.
In theory this is a good concept, but in practice, it's usually not as effective as asking forum members with similar interests if they've seen a particular product. The manufacturer, and even the supplier may not know if or when a specific store/location/region will be receiving an item, and it's not uncommon for a reply from a manufacturer/supplier to actually be "we're not sure." "Contact us," buttons usually generate a form-letter reply for more specific inquiries, and in some situations may generate unwanted spam in the future. Manufacturers and suppliers are also known to be wrong with the availability of certain items that don't have strict street dates. There were at least two products I was looking for that were supposed to be released in the middle of this month, but ultimately made their way onto store shelves near the middle of last month. The end result was that it was a lot more effective to simply ask people with similar interests if they'd seen the items in question yet, and where they'd seen them, (store, city, state/province, and country,) and the end result was much more useful then attempting to work with the manufacturer/supplier of the items in question. Now keep in mind, some manufacturers and suppliers are on top of things, and sometimes contacting them isn't a waste of time, but it's been my experience (emphasis added) that contacting manufacturers and suppliers as a consumer doesn't yield very helpful information as frequently as talking to other consumers does.

Dirty Diaper...after reading all your posts and seeing how you have worked as a cashier and having friends work them as well, it astounds me that you could call someone 'flaky' because they did not know the status of certain stock in a store.
I didn't call them "flaky" because they didn't know the stock status of an item in question, I called them "flaky," because they couldn't/wouldn't look up the stock status in a store that was empty outside of myself and a handful of other employees, (it wasn't like anyone was in line behind me,) and couldn't/wouldn't tell me when a manager would be in the store whom I could speak to.

Had you wanted to know that, why did you not ask a dept. manager or the store manager? I am sure they would have been able to give you the information you wanted. One of these managers could have scanned a sku from the shelf or looked it up in their product computer.

I asked the cashier first, because in the past, cashiers in this store have known the stock status or delivery dates of specific items. I wasn't shopping in peak hours, so there wasn't a department or store manager available for me to go to. When I asked the cashier if he could point me towards a manager, I was told that there wasn't one available, and when I asked the cashier if he knew when a manager would be on duty again, he simply shrugged his shoulders. I was perfectly willing to go back to the store when I'd be able to get a hold of a manager, but I needed to know when a manager would be on duty in order to do that. Oh, and the cashier had the requisite equipment to scan the SKU from the shelf and look it up in the product computer, but that's besides the point. I suppose I should have been more clear with why I called the cashier "flaky" in the first place though. I hope this clears things up. :)

In around 1971 thru the 1st of 1977 I worked at a store. In my training I was told to try & answer any ?s someone had; if I could. But if not call for the shift manager if any was there. Lastly get their name & phone number & product name & the manager could check on it & call them back. Going this EXTRA step made for happy returning customers. Now I took the flaky comment to be more about the cashiers attitude of "I don't even care!" than anything. I've ran into a few of those kind before myself.:angry2:

• Like 3

Perhaps stick to buying online, then you won't have to deal with "flaky" cashiers who don't know anything.

I actually don't buy diapers online; they're one of those things that I like to see before I purchase, much like anything else you'd find in a supermarket/grocery store. (This excludes "big box" retailers like Wal-Mart and Target.) I normally don't haven problems with cashiers, but I had a problem with this particular flaky cashier. What I find odd/interesting/amusing though is how many people are obsessing over this one trivial line in what's essentially an eight-paragraph post with far more substance pertaining to an actual question.

In around 1971 thru the 1st of 1977 I worked at a store. In my training I was told to try & answer any ?s someone had; if I could. But if not call for the shift manager if any was there. Lastly get their name & phone number & product name & the manager could check on it & call them back. Going this EXTRA step made for happy returning customers.

Now I took the flaky comment to be more about the cashiers attitude of "I don't even care!" than anything. I've ran into a few of those kind before myself.:angry2:

This. A thousand times this, cubed. :DWhen I worked as a cashier, I was basically given the same instructions, and the people I know who are cashiers have been given these instructions as well. Heck, they seem like common sense to me. Now granted, I worked in a very small store, and we had to keep our customers happy or we'd have been out of business, but I have friends working in chain stores, and they're given the same instructions. (The supermarket is a chain store as well.) The "flaky" comment was about the cashier's attitude, which was a cross between "I don't care," and "I don't want to!" As I said, I was willing to come back when there was a manager around, but the cashier wouldn't give me that information. I can safely say that this is an isolated incident though; as I've noted before, cashiers have given me plenty of information in the past at this store, and when they couldn't, they've directed me to a manager. Just this week my mother was in the same store looking for an item that was out of stock; she asked the cashier if he knew when the item would be back in stock, and the cashier told her that they were expecting an overnight delivery that might contain the item in question. Sure enough, it came in on the aforementioned delivery. A cashier at this same store that told me the GoodNites Sleep Shorts for girls had been discontinued (at least they were discontinued according to the product computer,) when they first began disappearing from store shelves, and I've had similar positive experiences with other cashiers employed at this supermarket in the past as well.

There's one supermarket in the area that really does expect their cashiers to effectively "know what managers know," and if they don't, the store fires them. I knew someone who worked at that supermarket as well, and I remember how happy he was to still be working there after two weeks since many people quit within the first week of working there, and others were fired. The running joke was that anyone who lasted more then a month was "a veteran," because of the turnover this place had. Now granted, this is rare, but said supermarket is a bit more upscale then most, and part of the reason I don't shop their frequently is that their prices reflect that fact. (If I can get the same thing for $2.00 dollars less elsewhere, I'll save my $2.00 dollars.) I'm not expecting every cashier to know everything, but I do expect cashiers to point me to a manager when they don't know something, or to try and let me know when one will be available again if none are working on the current shift--it's what I would do if I was in the cashiers shoes, and it's what I did when I was in the cashier's shoes.

Call KCWW their is a customer service number on every product they sell

I'm aware of that, timmyc, but thanks for the tip. :) I did consider calling KCWW, but I was concerned that it might lead to increased telemarketing for KCWW products that I'm not interested in. Besides, I was really just hoping to hear from others here who might have seen the item before I did. I might call KCWW, just to find out what's going on with the "Mega" packaging, but I was honestly just happy to find the item that I was looking for at a store that I don't frequent.

• Like 1