LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Have I Been Wearing The Wrong Size?

Knom

I'm kinda confused... I have been buying Mediums (in everything) because my pant size is a 36".. but when I measure myself my two measurements are 40"Wst 41"Hip. Now I know this is a top medium / low large on the manufactures "scales" but I noticed that a lot of companies who have these sizing charts have a weight category along with size... If I go with just the sizing of the waist/hip I'm medium maybe large.. but if I factor my weight (190lbs) I'm in the large .. Any advice? I've tried google-ing "proper diaper size" etc.. but I can't really find anything that helps me, and I don't want to spend the money to have the wrong size show up and leak, or not fit right etc. etc..

Anyone else who has a waist/hip of ~40" with ~5'10" hight clocking in at around 190lbs and has tried both medium and large?

I know some people will say "get what fits best" but I don't know, I think the mediums work (sometimes I get leaks and the padding doesn't seem to come up as high on some brands) and before I spend ~$40with shipping on a new pack I want to find out what my brothers and sisters of the diaper community have done.

Thanks for the info.

Knom.

i know how it is i am about the same size as you. i have had to get samples to see what fits and what don't. Some med don't fit right but the large i swim in. like depends the old style i fit a med then they changed the size and now i am in a large. to me who ever designed the sizing charts did not use diapers them self some comp off size reg but not many do. good luck on find what works

Thanks, I hear ya. For years now I've been thinking "the average size of people are between 32"-40" waist" Besides getting the proof of statistic sites, just do your own.. try and find a 34 or 36inch pants on a sale rack at Sears or Wal-mart.. not happening.. lol .. but really I wondered if this is the most "common" size.. WHY do they put the sizing change RIGHT in the middle of that? :censored:

As expensive as it can be, trial and error is the only way to know for sure. Sizes for anything you wear are rarely standardized, even clothing (thus why they have dressing rooms in most stores to try them on first). This is due in large part to the many different measurements to take into account, the "crotch" length is often never accounted for, same with thighs ... so the waist size is really just a general idea of what should fit.

I'm somewhat close measuring 36" pant size (true 41" waist) and 200lbs. I used to wear mediums but one day (late 90's) noticed my diapers weren't fitting as good (constantly reaching full capacity, leaking all around, etc). My size hadn't changed but the actual manufacturer sizes got smaller (size charts didn't though). I now comfortably fit into a large Abena which is supposed to start at a 43" waist. If you're similar, I'd say you definitely need to ignore their charts and switch to larges. Downside, they cost a lot more. Upside, they will fit comfortably (not tight in crotch, sides should overlap at least 2" minimum, top band should reach belly button, etc).

I'm somewhat close measuring 36" pant size (true 41" waist) and 200lbs. I used to wear mediums but one day (late 90's) noticed my diapers weren't fitting as good (constantly reaching full capacity, leaking all around, etc). My size hadn't changed but the actual manufacturer sizes got smaller (size charts didn't though). I now comfortably fit into a large Abena which is supposed to start at a 43" waist. If you're similar, I'd say you definitely need to ignore their charts and switch to larges. Downside, they cost a lot more. Upside, they will fit comfortably (not tight in crotch, sides should overlap at least 2" minimum, top band should reach belly button, etc).

Thanks for the tips!

I know most of my mediums have all those qualities.. just the whole "reaching the belly button" well.. if it wasn't for this "bottle belly" I got going on, it would reach.. but as of now they just sink down to the hips. :blush: