LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Infinite Jest

Hey Guys,

I have recently fallen in love with Infinite Jest, by David Foster Wallace. I honestly think it is the book that has changed my life the most. I think ABDLs have a unique perspective on the book and it's themes. The book touches on regression and infancy, as well as addiction and addicting behaviors. I plan to do a more thorough write-up in a bit, but I was just wondering if anyone had read the book and thought about the connections.

Here's a short list of things which connect to the ABDL community

1. The naming rights for years have been sold off, creating such names as Year of the Whopper, and Year of Depend Adult Undergarment.

2. Various references to infantilism occur within the book, one of the main characters literally states "I have became an infantophile", and he stumbles into a regression therapy group.

3. References to giant infants from a toxified part of the country occur here and there.

4. There is a film that is so engrossing, you lose control of yourself, including incontinence, and want to watch the film over and over.

5. The theme of cycles of addiction reoccurs constantly, which I know many ABDLs struggle with the cycle of binge/purge.

Has anyone else read this book, or is the size too intimidating?

Guest NaughtyAshes

RIP David.

I actually had lunch with him a few weeks before he killed himself so mentions of him and seeing his books in stores still sort of stings me.. He was a friend and his father was a professor of mine for a time. He knew about ABDLs, but I never got around to telling him I was one, but I know for a fact he would have been super open minded, accepting, and encouraging of our lifestyle.

Hey Guys,

I have recently fallen in love with Infinite Jest, by David Foster Wallace. I honestly think it is the book that has changed my life the most. I think ABDLs have a unique perspective on the book and it's themes. The book touches on regression and infancy, as well as addiction and addicting behaviors. I plan to do a more thorough write-up in a bit, but I was just wondering if anyone had read the book and thought about the connections.

Here's a short list of things which connect to the ABDL community

1. The naming rights for years have been sold off, creating such names as Year of the Whopper, and Year of Depend Adult Undergarment.

2. Various references to infantilism occur within the book, one of the main characters literally states "I have became an infantophile", and he stumbles into a regression therapy group.

3. References to giant infants from a toxified part of the country occur here and there.

4. There is a film that is so engrossing, you lose control of yourself, including incontinence, and want to watch the film over and over.

5. The theme of cycles of addiction reoccurs constantly, which I know many ABDLs struggle with the cycle of binge/purge.

Has anyone else read this book, or is the size too intimidating?

• Like 1

He knew about ABDLs, but I never got around to telling him I was one, but I know for a fact he would have been super open minded, accepting, and encouraging of our lifestyle.

If this is the case, why didn't you mention it to him? I'm not being snarky, I just want to know, as I've always wondered under what circumstances I'd tell someone about my AB side.

Is the book good? I'm looking forward to your write up :)

• Like 1

It is my opinion that AB's and DL's seem to have addictive personalities. I haven't read the book, but I'll look for it at my library. The reason I feel that we have addictive personalities comes from my own observations of my own life, and from people in the community that I've come to know.

Peace,

Vic B)

• Like 1
Guest NaughtyAshes

If this is the case, why didn't you mention it to him? I'm not being snarky, I just want to know, as I've always wondered under what circumstances I'd tell someone about my AB side.

Is the book good? I'm looking forward to your write up :)

It came up initially in a group conversation and I wasn't comfy disclosing to everyone in the group. Otherwise, it never came up in a personal conversation. While i'm not terribly closeted, its not something I go out of my way to discuss.

:huh:

I'm so sorry to hear of his suicide, I'm going to look up David Wallaces "Infinite Jest" and give it a read. It's so sad that many artists take their own lives. Even Bobby McFarrin who gave us the song "Don't Worry Be Happy" killed himself. The world needs more artists.

You should give Kurt Vonnegets "A Man Without A Country", a quick read. It's only 137 pages in all, but very funny. The darkest of humor I assure you, you may not laugh out loud, but I'm sure you will appreciate the wit, sarcasm, and irony in this quick read. What is so funny about it is the truthfullness of it all. He shoots from the hip and calls them as he sees them, truly a good read, and only a mere 137 pages.

I read it back to back three times, it's that good. May he rest in peace.

Peace,

Vic ;)

Guest Saturnine

No. But it's on my list of classics I've been reading for a long time. Currently on Moll Flanders. Next up being The Red and the Black. I keep my reading scheduled at least 2 books in advance.

Guest NaughtyAshes

:huh:

I'm so sorry to hear of his suicide, I'm going to look up David Wallaces "Infinite Jest" and give it a read. It's so sad that many artists take their own lives. Even Bobby McFarrin who gave us the song "Don't Worry Be Happy" killed himself. The world needs more artists.

You should give Kurt Vonnegets "A Man Without A Country", a quick read. It's only 137 pages in all, but very funny. The darkest of humor I assure you, you may not laugh out loud, but I'm sure you will appreciate the wit, sarcasm, and irony in this quick read. What is so funny about it is the truthfullness of it all. He shoots from the hip and calls them as he sees them, truly a good read, and only a mere 137 pages.

I read it back to back three times, it's that good. May he rest in peace.

Peace,

Vic ;)

His suicide wasn't really due to art, it more had to do with his psycho bitch of a wife that would drive any human to kill themselves. I felt like offing myself a few times after spending a couple of hours with her.