LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cynthia Rowley Pampers

I know that we have had other threads mention these new pampers before but I just wanted to let everyone know that I have listed some of these diapers on ebay for sale. It seems these are not sold in any other country but the US and I thought maybe some of you in other countries might want to try them out. Feel free to take a look if you are interested. Just go to ebay and search for Cynthia Rowley Pampers and you should find them easily.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that we have had other threads mention these new pampers before but I just wanted to let everyone know that I have listed some of these diapers on ebay for sale. It seems these are not sold in any other country but the US and I thought maybe some of you in other countries might want to try them out. Feel free to take a look if you are interested. Just go to ebay and search for Cynthia Rowley Pampers and you should find them easily.

For the life of me, I can't figure these out. Or the jeans Huggies. It's a container for sh*t, not a fashion statement!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

For the life of me, I can't figure these out. Or the jeans Huggies. It's a container for sh*t, not a fashion statement!

Actually AndB, the Huggies Jeans actually made a lot of sense. Toddlers are notorious for running around in nothing but a diaper, and occasionally a shirt. In warm whether though, many toddlers find their way out of their shirt as well, and simply run around in a diaper. Pediatricians would tell you that this is a phase that most children go through, and that it's a perfectly normal part of child development. Considering that the Huggies Jeans were only released in sizes 3-5, KCWW probably realized this fact, and simply decided to take advantage of it. Whether you purchased the regular "Little Movers" or the limited edition jeans, the quantity and the price were identical. The only thing that left me scratching my head was why KCWW didn't release these in a "Mega" sized package. I remember that one of my local supermarkets began carrying these in mid-July. I picked a couple of packages up on sale, and I remember that right after I had left the diaper aisle, I heard a woman exclaim "They're so cute!" I turned around and saw a woman in her early-30s, definitely a mother, talking on her cell phone, and then turned around again and continued on my way, as she continued with "I absolutely love them," referring to the Huggies Jeans. Now shopping in this supermarket regularly, I can tell you that they have diapers on sale almost every week, including diapers that have just been released, so it slightly irked me when I heard the same woman remark that "I can't believe these are on sale, they must not have sold well." Considering that the woman was pretty much "broadcasting" her conversation to the entire I store, I was tempted to turn around and point to the rest of the diaper aisle, which also contained new products that were on sale, but ultimately restrained myself.

Now the Cynthia Rowley Pampers I actually have to agree with you on. Unlike the Huggies Jeans, which were pretty much available anywhere, the Cynthia Rowley Pampers were a Target exclusive. Unlike the Huggies Jeans, they only came in sizes three and four, rather than three, four, and five. Unlike the Huggies Jeans which were a unisex design on a unisex diaper, the Cynthia Rowley Pampers were a series of gender-specific designs on unisex diapers. And unlike the Huggies Jeans which cost the same as regular Huggies, the Cynthia Rowley Pampers cost far more than regular Pampers with far fewer diapers in the same size packaging. (e.g. Jumbo.)

The biggest offense of the Cynthia Rowley Pampers in my eyes, outside of the fact that they used Dry-Max technology, was the fact that they were unisex diapers disguised as gender-specific diapers. The concept itself was a good one, and had these been gender-specific diapers with gender-specific designs, I probably would have been okay with the slightly higher price tag. Unfortunately, the overall execution of the Cynthia Rowley Pampers was half-assed, overpriced, and failed to include the most important aspect of diapers with gender-specific designs, which would be actual gender-specific diapers!

I seriously hope that KCWW decides to release the "Australia Style" gender-specific Huggies stateside, much the way that they released the "U by Kotex" product line stateside after releasing it in Australia. Now those are actual gender-specific diapers with gender-specific designs that I'd buy. P&G dropped the ball with the Cynthia Rowley Pampers. They could have been just as good as, if not better than the Huggies Jeans, but the only thing appealing about them was the "retro packaging" that was clearly inspired by the Pampers of the '70s and '80s.

In truth, baby diapers generally seem to undergo a major design change around the beginning of each decade, so we're sort of due for one. The beginning of the last decade gave us baby diapers with well-known children's characters on them. (Granted, Luvs started in the '90s with Barney, but I'm talking about when this actually became a trend.) Before that, the '90s gave us cloth-like covers. I'm waiting for what this decade will give us.

There's two sides to diapers- the utilitarian aspect and the visual aspect ;) Until well into the toddler age and maybe even later, a baby doesn't much care what they look like :rolleyes: The decoration is something designed to appeal to the purchaser, not the wearer- and it doesn't improve the performance one bit. In fact, comparing apples to apples all brands of diapers are about as effective as their competition is, so they have to make a visual distinction if they're going to stand out in the market :girl_baby: Yeah, it's all a marketing gimmick but we like being suckered sometimes- it's human nature :blush: Viva la difference in all things; it makes for a nicer world B)

Bettypooh