LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Nettquette

sarah_ab

Had to read this for my into course for my graduate school... thought it was appropriate anywhere.... i would post it in every forum here.... but i think DD might spank me and put me in time out if i did that!!!

The Core Rules of Netiquette — Summary

Rule 1. Remember the human.

Never forget that the person reading your mail or posting is, indeed, a person, with feelings that can be hurt.

Corollary 1 to Rule #1: It's not nice to hurt other people's feelings.

Corollary 2: Never mail or post anything you wouldn't say to your reader's face.

Corollary 3: Notify your readers when flaming.

Rule 2. Adhere to the same standards of behavior online that you follow in real life.

Corollary 1: Be ethical.

Corollary 2: Breaking the law is bad Netiquette.

Rule 3. Know where you are in cyberspace.

Corollary 1: Netiquette varies from domain to domain.

Corollary 2: Lurk before you leap.

Rule 4. Respect other people's time and bandwidth.

Corollary 1: It's OK to think that what you're doing at the moment is the most important thing in the universe, but don't expect anyone else to agree with you.

Corollary 2: Post messages to the appropriate discussion group.

Corollary 3: Try not to ask stupid questions on discussion groups.

Corollary 4: Read the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) document.

Corollary 5: When appropriate, use private email instead of posting to the group.

Corollary 6: Don't post subscribe, unsubscribe, or FAQ requests.

Corollary 7: Don't waste expert readers' time by posting basic information.

Corollary 8: If you disagree with the premise of a particular discussion group, don't waste the time and bandwidth of the members by telling them how stupid they are. Just stay away.

Corollary 9: Conserve bandwidth when you retrieve information from a host or server.

Rule 5. Make yourself look good online.

Corollary 1: Check grammar and spelling before you post.

Corollary 2: Know what you're talking about and make sense.

Corollary 3: Don't post flame-bait.

Rule 6. Share expert knowledge.

Corollary 1: Offer answers and help to people who ask questions on discussion groups.

Corollary 2: If you've received email answers to a posted question, summarize them and post the summary to the discussion group.

Rule 7. Help keep flame wars under control.

Corollary 1: Don't respond to flame-bait.

Corollary 2: Don't post spelling or grammar flames.

Corollary 3: If you've posted flame-bait or perpetuated a flame war, apologize.

Rule 8. Respect other people's privacy.

Don't read other people's private email.

Rule 9. Don't abuse your power.

The more power you have, the more important it is that you use it well.

Rule 10. Be forgiving of other people's mistakes.

You were a network newbie once too!

• Like 2

They actually stated "Don't post flame-bait?" What happened to the days when people stuck with "Don't act like an idiot?"

Rule 6 C1 needs to be modified: "Offer answers if you have experience and knowledge related to the topic." Or something like that. Though following flame-bait I guess it'd read "Don't be a noob."

I just behave like I do in real life ... I'm a take me as I am or ignore me person, and I do the same to all others. The only thing I can't stand is when you get to know someone online then meet them in person and they turn out completely different. If you're an ass, be one online to so no surprises.

I try to be a "What you see is what you get" online and in real life. I can be opinionated at both, but I try not to be an ass about it.

Although, if someone attacks me personally for voicing my opinion all bets are off.

I was using the word as an opinion many people have when someone disagrees with them. Often when someone simply doesn't agree with another person they call them names like "ass" ... or worse. The point is, ignore those people because they are either unable to handle discussions or are insecure about themselves and put on a cybermask.