LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wet The Bed Or Sweat The Bed?

dummysucker

For years, every now & then I have woken up to find myself & my bed soaking wet from my legs to my neck & I have always assumed that it was because I had been sweating in my sleep. But in a recent conversation with a friend who has bedwetting in her family i was told that i wasn't sweating but i was wetting the bed (I used to wet the bed from time to time up until being about 10 years old). Does anyone have any advice on this because I would like to know for sure & i'm excited to think that it might be pee because then I have a reason to wear everynight. Thanks.

You'd know if it was urine, it smells, you would smell and it would stain your mattress.

Sweat smells too...Although it smells different than pee. Sweat can also stain, at least from what I've seen.

my mattress does have stains. I didn't think that fresh urine smells too much though.

Dummysucker, urine smell is based on how diluted your pee is, because of ammonia. If you drink a lot of water and your pee is light yellow to clear, it'll smell a LOT less (sometimes to the point of not really being noticeable, even) than if you don't drink as much and your pee is darker.

I'd say to scrub your mattress in either case. Before you do though, I'd suggest (as gross as this is) giving your mattress a sniff. If you get hit with the smell of B.O. it may just be sweat. If you get hit with the smell of pee, there you go.

~ moogle

How hot is your bedroom on these nights? Were you ill (with a fever)? That much sweat out of the blue sounds quite unusual to me. Unless your room was abnormally hot that night, you had a fever or some other factor that would make you sweat like crazy, I wouldn't be surprised if it was pee. Otherwise, all other things like temperature being equal, you'd expect to sweat about the same amount every night.

Also, I wet the bed for a short while when I was a kid around when my parents divorced. That was over 20 years ago but I can still remember exactly what a wet bed smells like - it's very distinctive and permeates the whole room... Even though as moogle said, how concentrated it is can be a variable, I'm sure that if you had wet the bed, the smell would be there. Was it?

If it won't cause problems to do so, put a plastic sheet under the regular sheet. Even if it is just sweat, if you're producing that much, it's probably not something you want soaking into the mattress and if you are wetting the bed, then with the sheet on, next time, you'll know it because there will be a puddle of 'evidence' rather than a damp spot.

I had this exact same experience when I was about 13 or 14. For years I'd been having these occasional nights when I woke up super-sweaty and didn't think anything of it, and then one weekend I was out of town and my mom washed my bedclothes, and when I got back she wanted to know why I hadn't told her about my bedwetting. I thought she was insane, until a few days later when I woke up wet and noticed for the first time the sweat was unusually localized around my butt. :blush:

So yes, it's definitely possible to wet the bed without realizing it. If that's what's happening and you're happy about it, good for you!

For years, every now & then I have woken up to find myself & my bed soaking wet from my legs to my neck & I have always assumed that it was because I had been sweating in my sleep. But in a recent conversation with a friend who has bedwetting in her family i was told that i wasn't sweating but i was wetting the bed (I used to wet the bed from time to time up until being about 10 years old). Does anyone have any advice on this because I would like to know for sure & i'm excited to think that it might be pee because then I have a reason to wear everynight. Thanks.

Simple diagnosis- wear an decently absorbent diaper to bed B) If it's soaked when you wake up but the ends of your bed are dryer then you peed ;) If everything is still about equally wet all over in the morning it was a night sweat :( If everything is wetter than before when you wake up then you need better diapers :roflmao:

Bettypooh