LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Desatin

Hey gang, forgive my ignorance but what is Desatin like? Is it slippery? Does it kind of 'stay' or does it rub in?

Thanks in advance,

Christi

Desitin (which is the way the manufacturer spells the name) is a leading diaper rash treatment. The active ingredient is Zinc oxide 1%

As with most diaper rash treatments, carefully clean the skin, then let that cleaned skin dry completely. It is best to apply Desitin liberally before putting on a clean diaper, especially when the diaper cannot be changed immediately when wet. Desitin and other diaper rash treatment ointments should be rubbed into the skin so that no ointment will come in contact with the diaper tapes, or waterproof pants if those are worn.

It has a consistancy almost like glue, very thick, not really slippery...I think glue or paste is the best way to put it...If your looking for more of a slippery substance use baby oil. It stays put, and doesn't rub in, its more like a protective layer to protect the skin from being exposed to the various things your skin is exposed to in a diaper

It feels like cross between paste and a very heavy lotion, heavier than baby lotion. It works very good if there is irritation or soreness. It is very difficult to clean your hands as it is not water soluable. When I apply it I use a latex glove making cleanup much easier. Very good for "jock itch" from wearing in summer.