LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Desperation

Guest JS1989

Guest JS1989

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this topic but I heard it could be dangerous to hold your urine in as long as you can until you lose control and wet yourself because the high levels of pressure in you bladder and damage your kidneys, does anyone know if this is true? Thanks

I'm no doctor but honestly, I doubt doing that every once in a while is that harmful in itself. They're muscles like any other and can be exercised, will get tired and will recover. I think someone once said that pee can back up into the kidneys once the bladder is full and can't expand any more, which can cause problems but I'd wager that an 'overriding of voluntary control' would probably happen before that point :P Just about every kid on the planet (and plenty of adults for that matter) must've accidentally wet themselves at some point. If it were that dangerous, wouldn't loads of them have ended up with kidney damage?

Of course there are other issues, like if you were full to almost bursting and took a sharp hard blow to the abdomen, that might cause some kind of unpleasant injury...

If your wearing a diaper, there's no need to hold it.

This is true :P

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this topic but I heard it could be dangerous to hold your urine in as long as you can until you lose control and wet yourself because the high levels of pressure in you bladder and damage your kidneys, does anyone know if this is true? Thanks

Common sense says yes, and it's almost always right. There is no one right answer when it comes to the human body. It depends on your urethral sphincter strength: if you're capable of holding it past the point it will hurt you, then it will hurt you, else it will not.

Our family doctor also happens to be my mom's employer and the father of my second best friend. He has mentioned this before, as it's not something that should be done often. I've gone on many a trip with their family and it was generally encouraged that we make them aware of our need for a pit-stop, instead of just trying to hold it until we got to wherever we were going. So, I'd say, yes, it is something that you should avoid doing when possible.