LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Between Sizes - Go With The Larger Or Smaller?

For a long time now I've been wearing Cuddlz size large. However, I today received a sample of the XLs, just for interest really.

I've always gone with large up to now and they've been fine. I haven't "fully compared" the XLs yet but quick look showed they were virtually the same. Wearing one now and it feels SLIGHTLY bigger but v little in it. Will measure up the other one against a large later, and wear over night.

if anything it feels slightly bulkier between the legs, which makes me think maybe slightly more leakable...can't really explain that.

On this initial wear, I think I'm sticking with large, but would happily get XL if need be.

I'm right on the edge of l and xl (rugby player build!) - what do others generally go for if they're on the cusp between two sizes?

Do you think you're more likely to get leaks if going bigger or smaller?

I must stress the larges aren't at all tight - but neither are the XLs "baggy".

Would be interested to get your thoughts.

Thanks x

As a fellow CL (Cuddlz Lover!) I'm on the border between Medium and Large, but prefer Large since they reach further up. Also tried XL and I agree they're not much bigger, but it's enough to make a difference when having an XL as the outer layer in my usual overnight setup of 2 nappies and 2 stuffers.

Sometimes I'll wear an Abena X-Plus Large as the first layer because from the 6 different brands I've tried, they are the longest. Came to this conclusion using the Rib Test - try different nappies and see which rib from the bottom they reach to ^_^

Anyway as for leaks I can't imagine there being a problem as long as you make sure the sides next to your legs are tucked up properly.. unless you run marathons in your sleep!

And I've always found the tighter a nappy is, the more likely it is to leak (or is it just me?)

• Like 1

Well after a night in an XL, I had my first leak in ages.....not mayor by any means, but a little leak around the thighs :(

Funny, as lying in bed last I think tending to think the XL was more comfy, but I'm sure it can't have been - I laid an XL and L on top of each other last night and they are virtually identical.

It must be a shape thing, as in Cuddlz fit round my fat "office jockey" rear and thighs better than anything else, and only ever had a couple of leaks wearing them which were both my own fault.. drinking too much before going bed (water and tea, I might add :rolleyes: ). On the other hand X-Pluses have leaked many times.

Put side by side it would be difficult to pick out an XL next to an L if it wasn't for the fact that the XL has blue re-fastening tapes

Guest MommyGweniebear

If you are between sizes, I find going one size larger is beneficial to me for anything I wear, of course then again I realize we all have different body types and different things apply to different people, but thats just what I would do, because I find a size larger is more comfortable in any article of clothing than anything being to small. I don't know if the same applies to diapers though. I hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering that you had a leak in the XL's, I'd say go with the L's, Billybobtombo. Diapers need to be "snug-fitting," or they will leak. It's my understanding that where diapers are concerned, if you're between sizes, you should always try the smaller size first. If the smaller size is uncomfortable/too tight, or leaks, then you should try the larger size. If that leaks as well, the brand of diapers that you're using likely isn't cut for your body type, and you should try a different brand. Although I'm not between sizes personally, this is what I've heard from other people who are.

Similarly, women who use older underwear with a pad for "period panties" are also more likely to experience a leak of a different kind, albeit for the same reason. Just like diapers, menstrual pads need to be "snug-fitting" so that they don't leak. Most women don't like to risk staining their "good" panties during their period, so their "period panties" are usually "ratty," and generally have worn out elastic, maybe a small hole or two, and have gotten thin as a result of being washed many times. The end result is often a rather "loose" pair of panties that doesn't hold a pad firmly against one's crotch, which is what actually causes the leak that the woman in question is trying to prevent in the first place.

If women used their "regular/newer" underwear for their "period panties" rather than the most worn-out panties in their wardrobe, it would hold the pad firmly in place because it's "snug-fitting," and would actually do a better job of preventing leaks than "period panties" do. I explained this to two of my female friends and surprise, they stopped having leaks during their period when they started wearing panties that weren't worn out with their pads. Ladies, save the loose "period panties" for days when you don't have your period; if your partner has a panty fetish, give them to him, (or her,) but don't use them as "period panties."

I realize I'm getting slightly off-topic, but there are admittedly two questions and two statements I've wanted to ask/tell to women who have "period panties." They are as follows:

- Statements:

1. Ladies, on the off chance that your pad still leaks slightly in your regular panties, there's this lovely invention called a washing machine, which you can use to clean your panties.

2. You know, panties come in many colors, including red and brown, both of which can mask minor stains with relative ease.

- Questions:

1. Why do you need "period panties" in the first place? (It's not like anyone is looking at your panties, and if they are, see the statements above.)

2. Why are you more worried about a small stain on the inside of your panties than you are about menstrual fluid running down the side of your leg? (I have this question because it seems like the entire concept of "period panties" is a contradiction.)

But back on topic, the more snug-fitting a diaper (or similarly designed garment) is, the better. :)