LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Want To Try Cloth Diapers, Need Advice

Ok so for the first time in my life, I have a washer and dryer in my place that only I use, so id like to give cloth diapers a try. Can anyone give me advice on a good cloth diaper and where to buy it, and the best cloth diaper stuffers and plastic pants and anything else I may need? I already have baby powder, wipes, lotion and all that. Thanks!

Ok so for the first time in my life, I have a washer and dryer in my place that only I use, so id like to give cloth diapers a try. Can anyone give me advice on a good cloth diaper and where to buy it, and the best cloth diaper stuffers and plastic pants and anything else I may need? I already have baby powder, wipes, lotion and all that. Thanks!

I use DREFT as my primary diaper washing detergent. I also keep some borax bleach on hand, although since DREFT already has borax in it, I seldom need to add any. I use Ivory Snow to wash brand-new cloth diapers to remove the sizing, a form of starch needed while sewing.

I use a mild liquid dishwashing detergent to wash my vinyl panties, using my hands and warm water.

I buy my adult gauze diapers from Adult Cloth Diapers dot com. I wear their 36" square 2-ply, but ACD sells a wide range of cloth diapers.

For soakers I use ordinary Gerber baby Birdseye pre-folds sold by stores such as Babies-R-Us and Toys-R-Us, usually at about USA$12 per dozen.

Classic diaper pins with plastic heads are not so easy to find. I have never needed any such pins larger than the infant normal kind. Babies-R-Us and Toys-R-Us often sell diaper pins.

Many firms sell waterproof pants. I wear the thin soft vinyl pull-on pants from Kins, the adult division of Babykins. They are located in Richmond, BC Canada

....Classic diaper pins with plastic heads are not so easy to find....

Walmart has them ;) though like much of the rest they sell the quality is as low as the price :( The one's I got bend easily and strain on the head can lead to an embarrassing moment :o Proper fastening prevents this but it's not a welcome surprise at all :crybaby: It would be hard to explain walking with one hand jammed into the front of your pants trying to keep a heavy diaper from dragging your plastic panties down :whistling::roflmao:

Bettypooh

Can anyone give me advice on a good cloth diaper and where to buy it

You'd get some better recommendations if you told us what type of cloth diapers you're looking for. For starters, are you looking for the old fashioned type that is essentially large flat square(s) of cloth that you fold and pin into place or are you looking for one of the more modern style that essentially fit like a disposable and are normally fastened with velcro?

I got a couple of these from Amazon.com. They may not be highest quality, or be able to hold much, if you intend to use them. But they'd probly be better than more expensive cloth diapers to see if you'd like cloth. The price has doubled since I got mine, though. You can also find diaper pins with plastic ends on there. Or, you can spend less on a bunch of metal-ended ones from the sewing section of a local dollar store or wal-mart. Since they're sewing supplies and often used to fix bed sheets in place, you shouldn't have to worry about weird looks. And don't pin the diapers on too tight, or you might end up breaking the ends off the pins.

I have no idea what kind of cloth diapers I want. Which kind is better? I think id prefer ones with velcro, but if the prefold ones with pins are better, than Id want that. I want no leaks and comfort. I don't know anything about cloth diapers, so I need some good advice. Should I go with the prefold and pins or a velcro one?

where can I buy the best cloth diapers? :)

I buy my diapers from http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/ and my plastic pants and diaper pins from http://www.plastic-pants.com/

I prefer the guaze diapers because they absorb faster and also dry faster after washing. I also use a cotton "birdseye" weave diaper as the top diaper when double diapering. Birdseye seems to wick better than guaze and holds the pee more securely (doesn't "squish" out when sitting or turning over in bed).

I am a big guy so I wear a pretty big diaper. Regular diaper pins just won't hold my diaper up when it's wet, so I buy the heavy guage diaper pins from http://www.plastic-pants.com/ . Although the 3" "big baby" pins may be appealing on some level, I have found that for everyday use, the regular size 2 1/4" pins are more comfortable.

Velcro diapers are convenient, and I have several, but I prefer the feeling of the pin on diapers that my mother used on me as a child.