LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Trouble With Gas 2

The Trouble with Gas 2

My second meeting with gas was almost as traumatic as the first.

Again in a regular check up my dentist decided that I needed all six large back teeth taken out to allow my second teeth to grow in quickly and straight.

This was about a year after the first experience, as we made the appointment for the following Tuesday’s gas session again early in the day.

All through the weekend I was thinking about the coming appointment on Tuesday, dreading having the same thing happen to me while under the gas, I was not scared of having the gas, I actually quite enjoyed that, breathing the strange smelling gas and going to sleep, it was the wetting myself bit I was scared of.

I actually got round to talking with my mum about it over the weekend, about I was really scared of wetting myself while at the dentist again.

At first she dismissed it as a one of, saying it probably would not happen again, I told her I was not happy at all as I felt so embarrassed when I woke up with my pants and underpants soaked.

After school on Monday I again fetched the subject up and my mum took a bit more notice this time. She asked if it was the gas that had scared me last time, I said it was a dream I had while under the gas, I dreamt I was in the toilet and just went as I normally would, only to wake up and find I had wet myself.

She looked quite thoughtful and said I might be able to help, wait till tomorrow morning and left it at that.

Next morning as I got up I was not expecting any breakfast and as I was getting dressed I noticed and pair of shorts I had never seen in my pile of clothes, They were a bit on the big side when I put them on over my underpants. When I appeared in the kitchen fully dressed my mum said, Ohh I wanted to catch you before you got dressed, I’ve got a few extra things for you.

With that I was led back into my bedroom, wait there a moment, A few minutes later she reappeared with a large terry nappy some plastic pants and some nappy pins.

Right it’s entirely up to you, if you are so scared of wetting while at the dentist you can wear this and it won’t matter if you do wet or go in your normal trousers and take your chances.

I thought for a few moments and pointed to the nappy, Ok let’s get you sorted then, with that the shorts and underpants were quickly removed and them she folded the nappy into a sort of triangle shape, right up here she said pointing at the bed.

I placed my bum on the nappy right lie down, with that the nappy was folded around me and pinned up with four pins, very snugly, then the white plastic pants were fed onto my legs and worked up, the I was stood up and the pants were pulled all the way up and the legs and waistband adjusted to cover the whole nappy.

This was topped off with the slightly oversize shorts that actually fit just right over the thick bulk of the nappy and pants.

I was rather taken back to be in a nappy at around seven years old but having said that it didn’t feel at all bad, one thing I did feel was the thickness of the nappy between my legs, I took a few steps forward and the bulk made me waddle slightly, but the smooth slippery feel of the plastic pants rubbing between my legs made up for that.

Very shortly we set off to the dentist and were soon in the reception, the same lady as last time again asked if I had eaten or drunk anything that morning, I answered no, then my mum started explaining that I had a nappy on under my shorts and reminded the nurse receptionist what had happened last time I had gas. She smiled at me and said that’s ok, I don’t think it will happen again but as you’re all prepared it will be ok if it does.

We entered the waiting room and there were a few people before us also waiting, I took a seat and mum sat beside me, I was watching the fish in the aquarium again and mum was chatting to another woman.

I noticed a woman opposite me staring at my shorts, I realised that she was looking up the leg hole of the shorts at my nappy and plastic pants, when she seen me notice her she smiled and looked away.

Another young boy was called by the nurse and taken into the hall closing the door behind them; I was imagining what was happening, Him going to the toilet, the getting in the chair, him getting the black mask and sweet gas.

While I was deep in my day dream, time must have sped past and the nurse came back to call me through.

As we passed the toilet door she paused and then said we won’t need that today will we?

No I replied sheepishly, ok come right through then.

As we entered the surgery I noticed the same lady as last time attending to the gas machine, tidying up and changing the mask on the rubber pipe.

As she seen me come in she said hello, you have been here before haven’t you, yes I replied.

Ok jump up on the chair and we will get you ready, you know what is going to happen, same as last time, just remember to take nice deep breaths when I tell you and you’ll soon be fast asleep.

I got the leather strap and as she was placing the big blue rubber apron I could see her looking at the nappy through the leg band of the shorts, I remember she said quietly, you had a bit of an accident last time while you were under, yes I said, but no bother this time, I’ve a nappy on. Well I hope you won’t need it, it was maybe because you didn’t know what was going to happen, but this time you do.

I explained that I liked the gas, it was ok but it had made me dream I was in the toilet and that’s why I wet myself. Oh, ok it was like that was it she said smiling.

Right are you ok, there , ready for this she said lifting the mask from the trolley, I nodded, Ok, I think we will try and get you asleep a bit quicker this time, as she spoke she moved the dials on the machine and the black bag inflated slightly.

The soft hissing sound started to come from the mask, right here we go, Placing the mask on my face she put her fingers under my chin to pull it gently but firmly on my face, first breath there was the sweet taste with a very slight musty texture to it, next breath was a lot sweeter and a little more of the musty gluey smell, I took a deep breath and the black bag almost completely emptied.

Steady lad, just breath normally for now, as she said this the buzzing gently started I my head, next breath it got louder and I got a nice warm feeling in my chest that quickly spread outwards.

Next breath I felt very dizzy and the buzzing was getting very loud, how are you doing? I feel very dizzy, Ok maybe a bit too much smelly stuff too fast, I nodded, Ok just breathe nice and deep In and out, next breath the buzzing was running all through my body and I was having trouble focusing my eyes, Innnnnn and oooouuuuut said the deep slow voice, iiiinnn and ooouuuut said the gas rushing through the mask.

I knew it was very close to slipping under, straining to look I seen the bag in hand getting squeezed, Whoooooosh went the gas , Whooooosh again all heavy and very musty each breath bringing darkness closer, then suddenly the darkness came but still with the regular but fading Whooooosh.

Just as I slipped into the darkness I was thinking how quick it had been, no slow build up no gradual tingling, only a few deep heavy vapour filled breaths.

I don’t recall any dreams just a long deep blackness that slowly faded to grey the getting lighter and gradually turning to white as conscious returned, first thing I was aware of was lots of blood in my mouth, seemed to be pouring out of the large holes in my gums where my teeth had recently been.

Take a few breaths from the mask to help clear your head said the voice beside me, at that very moment all I wanted was a few breaths of the sweet musty gas to send me back into the safe warm sleep away from all this blood and rapidly increasing pain.

Them the nurse put some fresh packing in my mouth to try and stem the blood oozing from my torn gums, just press it into the holes to stop the bleeding.

Eventually They decided I was fit enough to move to the room next door for some mouthwash and more packing. As I was helped from the chair I noticed the warm feeling in my lower area and knew I had wet myself again. As I was feeling around the area checking I was not as wet on the outside as I felt on the inside the dental nurse noticed what I was doing and said, have you had another accident, I nodded, Awww never mind, at least it’s only your nappy this time.

I blushed knowing that it was a good idea to have worn it, otherwise they would be having a clean up in the surgery again.

Collected by mum I was walked home feeling the hot plastic rubbing against my legs and the wet nappy rubbing other parts on the inside, that was nice compared to pain I was feeling from my battered gums.

Well, the room must always be cleaned after any dental procedures, especially surgery. Everything must be sterilized from top to bottom, and urine on the chair is nothing compared to cleaning the filter on the cuspidor. I'd much rather clean poop off someone's butt than clean out the nasty jellied gunk that is the culmination of every rotton decaying mouth, blood, plaque, bacteria, and even bits of teeth...which is why I got out of that profession...though I'm still certified until 2012.

The Trouble with Gas 3.

The third time I had gas anaesthesia was totally unexpected, I was about 12 years old and was out riding my bike when I Accidently fell off while riding very fast downhill, due to gravel on the road.

I had a very heavy landing on my left arm, which I heard crack loudly then my head hit the ground with a very hard band, I immediately felt a loud buzzing in my head, I was struggling to stay with the present and knew I was heading to the dark warmth of unconscious, I fought hard to stay lucid but after a few seconds it was a worthless fight and the darkness wrapped itself tightly around me.

The next thing I was aware of was a middle age woman telling me to lie still the ambulance is on its way, I was still lying on the road, my head was hurting very bad and I was still struggling with the buzzing in my head, I also noticed my arm was hurting too, then I felt the cold wet feeling in my pants, I knew I had wet myself while I was out.

The woman was trying to assure me that I would be ok and help was not far away, just keep still. The ambulance men just appeared, one minute the lady was talking to me, the next it was the ambulance man, I must have passed out again.

The ambulance man was asking questions, where does it hurt, how many fingers am I holding up, have you been unconscious, he was asking the lady If I had been unconscious and did she see what had happened, she said that she had just found me lying on the road and that I had been totally out for around four minutes or so and in and out since then.

The two men got me on the stretcher and gently lifted me into the ambulance and placed me on the bed, the he stared examining the rest of me the cuts and grazes, my arm which had turned a funny blue colour above my wrist and the large bump on my forehead that was getting bigger by the minute. Just lie quiet we will soon get you to the hospital, I need some information, details, you name I managed that, your home address, I managed that too, can you tell me your family doctors name?, I could not think what it was, I had been to see him loads of times but his name just would not come. Its ok we will find that out at the hospital.

I think I’ve wet myself, you think or you know he asked, Well I know I replied, Don’t worry about that it’s common and beside I’ve seen far worse.

When we reached the hospital I was taken out of the ambulance in the A&E department and a group of doctors and nurses came to look at me and asked questions about how I had the accident, what I remembered and where it hurt, When one of the doctors tried to move my arm the pain was terrible

I was howling and crying every time they tried to move it, it’s ok we will leave that for now, but it’s going to need re-setting it’s broken and is in the wrong position.

The nurses were washing my cuts and dabbing the bump on my head with water soaked gauze. They set up a drip and put a needle thing in my good arm just above the wrist and connected it to the drip. One of the doctors came over and said I’m going to give you this injection to help ease the pain, you will feel all nice and sleepy, just try to relax and go with it. He injected this into the needle thing in my arm, I could feel it run up my arm into my shoulder and then my eyes when all fuzzy and I thought I was going back into the blackness of unconscious, but I seemed to stop just before that point and hung just between awake and the black sleep.

I knew the doctors and nurses were still there but I was not that bothered by them, as I drifted in and out of sleep, This seemed to go on for hours and I would have quiet spells where I was asleep and then someone would be touching me and moving around me, I would not see them just heard them and vaguely was aware of them. At one point I thought I was coming out of it and could feel the pain in my arm and the thumping in my head, but I then drifted right back to the borderline between the blackness and awake.

After what seemed like a long, long time I could feel myself waking up, the pain in my head was still there but not as bad, my arm still hurt just as bad, eventually I got my eyes open and noticed it was dark but the was soft lights on and I could see I was on a hospital ward, a nurse sitting at the desk noticed me awake and came over, How are you feeling she asked, my heads sore and my arm hurts a lot, Yes you gave your head quite a hard knock and your arm is rather badly broken, I can give you another injection to make you sleep if you want or some painkillers, I feel as if I’ve been asleep for ages, yes two days since you had your accident, I was a bit stunned I had been thinking in terms of a few hours and she said it was two days, Your Mum has been in to see you but you were asleep, but she knows you are getting better and will see you later today, Do you want the injection or the painkillers? If the painkillers don’t help I’ll give you the injection later, ok I said.

She put the bedside light on and I noticed I was still connected t the drip. She gave me two little pills and a small glass of water to take them with. As I moved in the bed I felt a strange feeling around my lower body and went to lift the covers I was restrained by the nurse, hold on you will pull the drip out doing that, what’s that down there I said, where she asked under the covers I said, ohh that, I will let you see, pulling the covers back revealed that I was wearing a thick terry nappy and plastic pants, not only that but the nappy was obviously damp at the front and you could see the damp patch trough the plastic pants, I felt rather embarrassed to have the nurse see me in a nappy, a wet nappy at that, When you were admitted you had wet yourself, we put you in a nappy as a precaution and we didn’t have any other clothes, when you received the first injection to make you sleep as soon as you were asleep you wet again. Since then you have been changed five times, it’s the liquid from the drip building up in your bladder it got to go somewhere. With that she covered me up and said lie quiet and I’ll be back to see you soon, I lay there head hurting and my arm hurting and now I could feel the slightly damp nappy all thick and warm. I moved my legs and felt the plastic pants against my thighs I squeezed my legs together feeling the bulk of the nappy between them and the soft thickness under my bum.

I lay for a while I could not get back to sleep I was still in pain and the elastics band of the plastic pants was starting to dig into my leg, the nurse returned and said how are you doing, I’ll just check something while I’m here, lifted the covers and put her finger under one of the pants leg and said that’s ok you’ll go for a while yet, I said can you check the other leg they are digging in, with that she ran two fingers right round both leg elastics moving them to slightly different positions on my legs, better she said, much I replied, noticing the stirring beneath the nappy, I don’t know why but I felt rather good right at that moment and my penis was showing it’s approval.

You are not going to sleep I guess so I think I’ll give you that injection, it’s not as large a dose as the last one so you won’t sleep as long, she covered me up again and then injected the syringe into the port in my arm, I felt it travel up my arm into my neck then I drifted off taking the nice warm fizzy bubbly feeling in my lions with me.

I woke gradually because there was someone touching me, as my eyes gradually came back into focus I saw it was the nurse taking my temperature and filling in my chart, she also changed the bag on the drip. Hi your awake she said, just about I replied, I felt the heavy coolness in the nappy, it felt very wet, it also had a slight burning itchy feel. Just then the nurse pulled the curtains around the bed and said I guess you have just noticed that you’re wet? I nodded, I checked just before I’d say close to leaking, we had better sort that.

She disappeared returning with a clean nappy and a new pair of pants and a sort of sheet that she slid under me she also had a bowl of warm water and a washcloth and towel. Lift up again for me, as she slipped the plastic pants down my legs past my knees and she quickly unpinned the nappy and took it off, she started to wash all around the area where the nappy had been and said you are getting a bit of a nappy rash I will need to go get some ointment to stop that, and left again, on return she continued with the washing and gently dried me off with the towel, Then she covered me in cool feeling cream, gently but firmly rubbing it in to the red spotty area and just about everywhere else When she was finished she wiped her hands on the towel and folded the nappy, then asked me to lift up as she slid it in place beneath me, she then dusted me thoroughly with powder and swopped the plastic pants for the clean pair, pulled them right up when I lifted and checked the waistband and leg bands for snugness, There you go, bet that feels better? A lot I said. You will be having a few visitors shortly One should be your Mum, but before that our doctors want a look at you. She tidied up and collected all the bits a pieces she had been using and took them with her, saying see you shortly.

She returned about five minutes later with two white coated doctors in tow, When they reached the bed the tallest one said Hi John, I’m here to look at your arm, don’t worry I’m not going to pull it around, I know it’s sore. He spoke with the other doctor and they were nodding to each other and then said, we are going to have to operate on that to set it and then plaster in up so it will heal properly, you will be asleep and won’t know anything about it till your back here in bed. The other doctor then spoke I’m the anaesthetist and I’ll be sending you off to sleep and looking after you till your back here, The first doctor said he was off to see someone else and he would see me later, The anaesthetist said what we will do is just inject some stuff in your catheter port and you will go off to sleep, I must have looked upset or disappointed because he said what is wrong? I said I would prefer to breath myself to sleep with the gas, Why is that he asked, I said I’ve had the mask and gas twice and I like to go to sleep that way, Ohh I see that’s quite unusual, most kids don’t like the mask and the gas at all, in fact a few scream and cry there way under, not me I said. He laughed. Well I will see you in my pre-op room later on today and we will decide what I’ll give you then, he winked as he walked off.

The nurse returned to check if the doctors had finished and said your Mum is waiting to see you, I will show her in and diapered again. My Mum appeared and looked as glad to see me as I was to see her, she kissed me and said how are you, a lot better now I said, that’s a huge bruise you have on your head, I bet that hurts, not as much as my arm I said. They are going to fix my arm this afternoon, I know they were telling me, we chatted about how everyone else was doing and that my bike was safe back home but it would be a while before I’d be ridding it. Mum eventually said that she was going but would be back in the morning to see how I was, and she kissed me went to hug me but thought better of it smiled and said bye and left.

I was thinking about my bike and missing my dog as I hadn’t seen him for a few days when the nurse came back, first thing she said was are you still dry? I said I thought I was, do you want me to check, if you want to I said, it’s just you have a date with a gasman shortly she laughed and I don’t want you turning up down in theatre soaked it makes it look as though I’m not looking after you. She lifted the sheets back and checked the nappy, no your fine still dry, but if you feel the need to just go while you are wearing them ok, I nodded slowly, why can’t I just go to the toilet? Well I would have to take you, remove the nappy, let you go, put the nappy back on, you can see it would be far easier to just use the nappy and get changed as required, I quietly agreed. Right I’ve got something for you another injection, this will make you feel very relaxed and a bit sleepy it won’t knock you right out, but you will be feeling nice and relaxed for your trip down to theatre, I will be coming down with you and stay with you till you are asleep, with that she injected the liquid into my catheter, I felt the coldness as it run up my arm then nothing as I was looking at the nurse she said it will take a few minutes to start working and it won’t put you out, that’s our friends job downstairs.

I was thinking about getting the mask and the gas and wondered if they used the same kind in hospitals, when the nurse returned with two porters and said it was time to go down to theatre.

They wheeled me out of the ward down the corridor and into a lift, after a short journey we came out of the lift down a short corridor and stopped outside theatre No.2, I was wheeled in a door marked pre-op No.2, looking around in the brightly lit room I could see all sorts of medical equipment, at the far end was the anaesthetist saying right up here lads, this is where it all happens. They as instructed wheeled the bed up to the top end, ok right thank you that’s fine we will manage from there chaps, the two porters said goodbye and left.

I was looking at the gas machine, it was far bigger and more complicated that the one the dentist had, it had more dials and a lot more rubber pipes, it also had a black rubber bag hanging but neatly folded and two black rubber hoses that lead to the bit where the mask fitted, Seeing me looking at the machine the anaesthetist said what do you think, is it ok, I said it was far bigger than the one at the dentist’s, he said that his machine could do a lot more, if I needed it, it could breathe for me it also had a special type of gas circuit that took all the used gas out of the room or could collect it and send it back round for me to breathe again.

Placing a mask on the end of the twin pipes he handed the mask to me and said try breathing into the mask, I placed the mask on my face and immediately the black bag slowly inflated, I breathed in and I could smell the rubber from the mask and pipes and feel the cool tasteless gas, that’s just a little oxygen, as I breathed the black bag inflated and shrank as I breathed, in and out.

Right then keep the mask on and breathe in some of that oxygen for me, just breathe normally, in a few minutes I will reduce the oxygen and gradually add some sweet smelling nitrous oxide into the circuit and keep adding it slowly till you are on 50/50 nitrous oxide and oxygen, then after a few breaths on that I will turn this control here and add a little halothane into the mix then gradually I will increase the halothane till you are asleep, this will only take about 2 to three minutes till your asleep, halothane is quite pleasant to breathe , is that the same as the dentist uses I asked talking into the mask, quite possibly, but I won’t be using as much nitrous oxide or be in a rush to get you under so it should be a nicer experience, you should just drift off easily. I nodded, The nurse was smiling down at me at I was breathing from the mask, you are not on holiday down here you know the anaesthetist said, I want you to help him keep the mask on his face as he goes to sleep, the nurse comically saluted the anaesthetist and made a face at me.

Right let’s begin, I saw him open the little tap marked N2O on the machine and turn the oxygen down a little on little bobbin in the tubes went up and the other came down, after a few breathes I could just detect the sweetness in the gas, another adjustment and the gas got sweeter a few breaths later the tingle in my fingers began, a few more breaths the tingles were getting stronger with each intake of gas, how you feeling now said a voice, nice and tingly I said, good your on 50/50 now, I will add a bit of halothane shortly, nod your head when you can smell it. The next breath was sweet and right at the end there was a very slight gluey mustiness, I looked at the anaesthetist and he smiled, next breath was laced with the smell I was hoping for as soon as it was in my lungs the nice warm feeling in my chest seeped outwards , next breath was the same all musty and getting a little heavy, I do believe you are smiling under that mask he said I nodded just keep breathing things will get a bit quicker now, your close to going under, just then I felt a feeling from within my nappy it felt as if I was wetting, yes I was wetting, I could feel the warmth spreading around the nappy towards the back, I took a sharp in breath and the strong tingling feeling jumped down towards my penis and nappy area, the nurse noticed the nappy turning dark as I wet and said to the anaesthetist oh look he’s wetting, he not under yet either he replied, get ready to hold the mask now, the nurse placed her Hand on mine and looked into my eyes and said it’s ok just let it all go, the anaesthetist opened the halothane a bit further and put his hand around the black bag and squeezed gently, the thick gas rushed towards me and into my lungs, it was like fireworks night inside my head, IIiiiinnnnnn screamed the gas as it sent me spiralling downward, still wetting the nappy I could feel the warm still spreading, next breath iiiinnnnnn it screamed I was no longer in the room, I was falling, falling faster and faster downward into the blackness, still wetting like it was never going to stop, it felt amazing, the tingling the warm feeling down there it just went on and on, I saw the white door from the dentist’s surgery with the toilet sign on it and laughed to myself, your far too late I shouted, I’ve already gone. In fact I think I’m still going, iiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnn screamed the gas from far above me.

The white door spun around a few times the shot out of sight, to be replaced by huge pair of plastic pants with an equally huge cloth terry nappy inside, the pants and nappy were expanding and contracting like the black bag on the gas machine, each time they expanded they got bigger, and I knew that the nappy was getting wet.

I came round slowly I knew the gas had finished and the nurse was saying take a few breaths from this and clear your head, I took a breath and it was cool tasteless oxygen, It seemed such a disappointment after the sweetness and musty halothane.

When my head was a bit clearer I noticed my arm was in plaster and then I noticed the wetness in the nappy, I said groggily to the nurse I wet again, she said you wet before you went under, I thought you were never going to stop, I think you might have ejaculated as you went under, as your whole body went rigid then spasm, was that your first time?, I thought about what she had just said and nodded, the nurse just smiled. She let me come round a while before she changed the soaked nappy, washing and creaming me like before, she then left me to sleep for a while.

When I woke up it was dark and a different nurse was checking my temperature and filling my chart in, she asked how I felt I thought for a minute and said wet! Ahh ok I will fix that shortly and my throat is very dry can I have a drink, yes you can, I will fetch you one shortly.

She returned with a fresh nappy, pants, cream, powder and a big water jug and a beaker. She poured out some water and offered it to me I drank all of it quickly, do you want some more, no thanks I said but can you fill the beaker again for me, yes she said, right let’s get you changed, after I was changed she said I still had a bit of nappy rash but that was because of the meds they had given me were being flushed through with the drip.

I was given the choice of painkillers or an injection, knowing I would not sleep on pain killers I chose the injection, she put the needle in and pushed the plunger I felt it rush up my arm and squeezed the thick nappy between my legs and felt an erection stir as I fell asleep.

I was woken very early by the other nurse taking my temperature and doing my chart, good morning I’m glad you are awake, would you like to try some toast and a cup of tea this morning? I said I would, what do you like with your toast, just butter I replied, no jam or marmalade? No thanks I replied, ok I’ll order that for you, how is things down there are you dry or wet, the look on my face answered her question, ok I’ll get you changed shortly, ohh I have just had a look at your notes and it says you haven’t had a bowel movement since you came in, do you feel like one anytime soon, I thought and said don’t think I need one, are you normally regular, yes everyday usually, ok right I’ll have to sort that out too. She left me to wake up a bit more.

She returned with her trolley and it had some towels the rubber sheet and powder, cream, nappy and plastic pants on it also a small tray which was covered, Right let’s get you sorted, she folded the bed covers back revealing a soggy wet nappy under the plastic pants, that’s a good thing you know, it just means that the drip is going in and coming out just as it should and you can’t hold back while you’re in a drugged sleep, as she took the pants and nappy off I felt stirrings as an erection formed, she washed me, dried me and applied the cream, placed a clean nappy under me and slipped the clean pants up to my knees, right another strange thing for you this morning, she moved me around till she could reach my anus and quickly took the thing out of the dish and inserted it and gently pushed it in with a gloved finger with ky jelly, I had a raging erection and was trying to look elsewhere avoiding eye contact, she moved to fix my stare and said it’s ok that’s perfectly normal, to get aroused when your being touched like this, try not be embarrasse.

Try and hold that in for as long as possible as it will work better that way, I realised that I was going to poop in a nappy, I said can’t I go to the toilet? No you can’t you will just lie there and do as you are told it’s for the best, remember hold it as long as you can, with that she pulled the nappy round me and fastened it tightly and pulled the pants up and checked they were snug. I’ll leave you to it when you think you are finished press the buzzer and I’ll be back, with that she left the room.

I lay for a few minutes thinking of what was about to happen, then my insides made a gurgling noise, shortly followed by the feeling of having to go, I resisted for a while but the need was getting more urgent by the minute, after about 10 minutes I knew I was fighting a losing battle as the first bit slid into my nappy, I didn’t push or even relax it just happened, I was a bit shocked by this, this was nothing compared to what followed, it just came out felt it push its way into my nappy bit following bit I felt the nappy get full around my bum and it wasn’t at all a nice feeling, just when I thought I was finished I passed wind violently and a few more bits came with it, then without warning I started wetting, I watched helplessly as the front of the nappy turned dark, I wet till there was nothing left to come and waited a few minutes, then I pressed the buzzer, the nurse came back with her trolley and as she approached said I guess you managed then, I said it was horrible I didn’t like that at all, I said I wet too that was not in the plan she laughed but it’s ok you need changed anyway.

I was stripped washed, dried, powdered creamed and re nappied in no time, when she had tidied everything up she said breakfast would be along shortly.

When my tea and toast arrived she put the tray down and buttered my toast for me the put sugar and milk in the cup of tea for me, Just eat what you feel like, ok I said. I started on the first piece of toast then the second, then the third, I felt very hungry, I had finished the last bit before the nurse came back and was sipping my tea, my! It’s all gone she said, you must have been hungry, I was and now I’m going to drink the tea.

When the tray was returned the nurse said I’ll leave you in peace for a bit now, the doctors are coming round shortly. I was enjoying the rest after that morning activities and suddenly noticed that I had a warm feeling in the nappy, I thought I was imagining it at first but a quick feel of the plastic pants told me that they had a rapidly growing warm patch in the crotch. I was worried I never felt the need to go or even pushed I rang the buzzer. The nurse returned and asked if I was ok, I said I’ve just wet myself and never knew about it till I felt the warmth in the nappy, Ok I need to know things like this, you sure it just happened, yes I’m sure, I will need to tell the doctors about this, ok I said.

When the doctor came round he first asked how my arm was, A lot better than it was, still a bit sore but not as bad as it was, Good, the nurse tells me you wet yourself and only knew when you felt the warmth, Yes I replied, that’s not very good, I think we will have someone look at that, just incase you have an infection or something, Ok? Yes I said He turned to the nurse and said I we get someone from urology to come down for a look, she nodded.

I am sorry about the scrappy layout of these stories, I write them on Microsoft word and then copy a paste them in here, and it ends up as one great long paragraph, that I then have to read through and chop up into bits.

I hope it does not spoil the story for you.

The Trouble with Gas. 4

When the doctors had left I asked the nurse, what you think is wrong with me. I don’t know she said but they will do some tests to try and find out, What tests, well depends on what the urologist finds, I should imagine the first thing will be a urine test, followed by a physical examination.

As I was about to answer I felt a warmth starting to spread in the crotch of the nappy, my face must have changed, The nurse stopped talking and said what’s wrong, Ohh I just wet again, did you feel anything? No just the warmth in the nappy, Ok just you lie there quiet I want to dress your cuts and change the bag on the drip, do you want changed now or do you want to wait a while, I can’t feel how wet it is, ok let me have a look, pulling back the covers she placed a finger under the leg band of the plastic pants, it’s just barely wet your good for a bit yet, she checked and adjusted both leg bands of the pants them gently patted the front of the nappy, don’t worry she said I’m sure it won’t be anything serious, my penis was growing fast, her brief touch through the pants and nappy were enough to rouse him. I will go get the stuff I need to do tour cuts and a fresh bad for the drip.

As soon as she left the room, I placed my hand on the front of my nappy I could feel my penis all stiff and pointy through the thickness of the nappy and the smoothness of the pants, I gently rubbed the front of the pants, Ahhhhh that feels good, I just kept on with gentle rubbing it felt so good, I was still pre occupied with rubbing when I noticed the nurse had come back, Do you want me to come back? I stopped rubbing and said why, well I thought you were busy under there, I felt my face blush, It’s ok I’ll let you finish, No I said quietly bringing my right hand back above the covers.

It’s ok you know, it’s just natural, I said nothing still feeling the crimson heat in my face, Why does that feel so nice, what feels so nice the nurse asked, I was rubbing the front of the nappy and it was nice, well if you feel that way again, just keep rubbing you’ll soon find out she smiled and gently started removing the dressing from my cuts on my arm and legs, she gently bathed them with warm water and savlon and dabbed them dry, they are healing nicely, still ok in the nappy department? Yes be ok for now I answered, don’t let it get too wet, it will aggravate the rash, ok I said. She changed the bag on the drip tapping the hose for a few seconds to move that air bubbles up into the bag, there all done for now. She collected the stuff she has fetched and left me alone.

When she had left I thought about what she had said and put my had back on the front of the plastic pants, within a few seconds felt my penis stiffen and started rubbing gently again, I rubbed feeling the damp patch in the nappy rub on my penis the plastic pants all warm soft and slippery, rustling gently as I rubbed, I felt the urge to rub faster and a bit harder and did so, Within a few seconds I started to get a tingly feeling that slowly grew and grew, my penis started throbbing and suddenly I felt like I was peeing, not like normal peeing though, it was pulsing, tingling, it made me go all rigid as I felt waves of pure pleasure wash all over me, I stopped rubbing and lay there wondering what I had just done, I then noticed that the nappy felt wetter around my penis and thought I might have peed myself again, I reached into the plastic pants felt the dampness at the front it was not wet just damp so I had not peed, I tried to put my hand inside the top of the nappy but it was too tight to get my hand in, then I thought I must of ejaculated, yeah that’s the word the nurse used yesterday. I lay thinking about what had just happened and the nurse came back into the room with a white coated man.

This is Dr. Smith the urologist she said as they got close, he’s come to see you and ask some questions. I nodded.

Hi John, I’m doctor Smith, I specialise in urology which means I know what goes on in your lower body, I believe you are experiencing a few problems down there and I want to ask you a few questions, I nodded, Apparently you are having trouble with peeing, It’s no trouble I said it just goes all by itself, That’s what I mean he said, Do you feel like you have to go when this happens, No I said it just comes out, I don’t feel a thing except the warm pee in the nappy, Ok, right I want a quick look at you down there, if that’s ok with you, I nodded, Will you strip him nurse while I get my gloves on. The nurse stepped forward and turned the bedclothes down revealing the thick nappy and plastic pants, which the nurse soon removed and she unpinned the nappy and lay it flat on the bed sheet, just then a small fountain of pee came streaming out of my penis the nurse grabbed the nappy and pulled it up to catch the stream, I was horrified and the nurse said it’s ok don’t worry about it, the stream continued till the nappy was thoroughly soaked the nurse told me to lift up as she pulled it clear and wiped me with a dry bit then took it away. Dr Smith said you didn’t know that was going to happen did you, No I said, don’t worry about it , a few minutes later and you would have got me, he laughed, H e came close and took my penis in the fingers and examined it pulled the foreskin back examined that bit too, he looked at my scrotum and felt my testicles, can you cough for me, I coughed, Good that’s fine, Have you ever had any problems like this before, No I said, what about bedwetting, have you had any problems with that recently, No. I have wet myself every time I have gas, or been put under, Ok how many times is that then, twice before I came in here and since I came in here, Dr Smith was looking at my notes and my chart and talking with the nurse, she explain that I was wetting all the time I was under sedation and wet while going under anaesthesia and been wetting since. Ok, right what I want to do is get a sample of urine to test for infection then depending on what that says we will go from there. Nurse can you take a sample for me and send it straight down to me I’ll test it and see what’s what. Yes said the nurse, Right John, I’ll leave you to get covered up again and see you very soon, ok. With that he made a few notes on the chart and on my notes and left.

The nurse said I’ll be right back and took the wet nappy with her, she returned within a minute and said I don’t know how we are going to get a sample when you don’t know when you are going to go. For now we had better get you back in a nappy and get this bed changed. Having placed the waterproof sheet under me she washed and dried me slipped a clean nappy under me covered me in cream and powder, fastened the nappy and slipped a brand new pair of shiny white transparent pants on my legs, the pants had a nice smell, the nurse said brand new pants smell like that till they have been washed, nice I said as she asked me to lift up she pulled them right up fixed the waist band snug, ran her fingers round the leg bands, new pants are nice and soft a bit smelly but , she put her hand close to my face so I could smell the new plastic smell from the pants, when they warm up you defiantly smell them, right I am going to help you get up out of bed and sit you on that chair while I change the bed, don’t rush just take your time you might get dizzy cause you haven’t been upright for a while, most important is we don’t pull the drip out, right lets go. Holding my right arm to support me I swung round dangling my legs off the bed, then she gently lifted me on to the chair, she held me there for a few minutes the said are you ok, you’re not dizzy are you, No I said she gently let go and checked that I was not going to fall , The quickly stripped the bed and remade it with fresh sheets, While she was doing this I was looking at the plastic pants all new and shiny white, their sweet plastic smell wafting up. Right let’s get you back in to bed, with that she helped me up and took me close to the bed, helped me onto it, swung my legs round and lay me down, then covered me up.

I will be back in about 20 minutes, you lie quiet and try not to wet till I get back, I shrugged my shoulders and she laughed.

When she left I lay there gently squeezing my thighs together feeling the bulk between my legs and the slippery feel of the plastic pants and the smell of the pants gently wafting out from under the covers. I felt that being in a nappy was not as bad as it sounds, in fact it was quite comforting, If I wet myself again it would only be the nappy that got wet and no one seemed to mind when I did, in fact the nurse was really accepting and was never cross or angry.

The nurse came back pushing a small trolley accompanied by another older nurse; they came up to the bed and said we have a treat for you, they both laughed, what is it nurse? Right this is Nurse Brenda she usually spend her time in maternity delivering babies and looking after mothers, but I have talked her into coming up here to help me with what I’m going to do next, and my name is Sharon, you can call me Sharon ok? Yes Nurse I mean Sharon, the both laughed.

You know we have to get a urine sample from you? Yes I said, well are you still dry, yes I replied, ohh good, there should be something in your bladder by now then, so we had better hurry. She pulled back the covers folding them down then removed the pants and nappy, washed me again down there and then wiped all over with something very cold, then she opened a package on the trolley and took out a tube, then another package with a syringe and placed them in a tray, the spread a green coloured sheet over my lower body, this had a hole in it and after putting on some gloves she pulled my penis through the hole. Right I am going to put some of this gel into the syringe then I’ll put it into your penis, the gel will numb you and make the next bit a bit more pleasant, I’ll pass this small catheter up your penis into your bladder and hopefully we will get our sample. Brenda has the nice bit, I looked at Brenda and she smiled, and from behind her she produced a black mask a attached to a corrugated rubber hose, Nitrous oxide and air she announced, gas and air, she handed me the mask and said do you want instructions, I put the mask to my face, not yet I have not turned it on yet, she moved to one side revealing a small trolley with two blue cylinders with white and black tops, she opened the valve with a quick hiss coming from the cylinders. Right now you can start, keep the mask on and breath some gas, I placed the mask on my face and breathed in, the mask hissed and a familiar sweet taste hit the back of my throat, I took another breath and then another, the tingling in my finger started then my toes, just keep breathing like that said Brenda.

After a few minutes I was feeling all light and floaty and had the tingles in my arms and feet, Sharon said right I’m going to inject the gel, it might sting for a few seconds, ready, I nodded, I felt her put her hand on my penis seen the syringe go down out of sight and heard her push the plunger, I felt the gel go in and a very slight tingle, but nothing to get excited about, there that is it in, just give it a couple of minutes, Brenda leaned over and said you done really well, how is the gas? Nice I said, all tingly and floaty, if you feel you have had enough just take a break for a few breaths, you might drop the mask it you get a bit deep anyways. Sharon said knowing our John the bottles will be empty first, the both laughed, I gather you like your gas then I nodded, and his halothane said Sharon, I was with him in the pre-op room yesterday and he was asking questions and Dave the anaesthetist was showing him how it all worked, when was adamant he wanted to have the mask and gas to go to sleep instead of the injection, That is unusually said Brenda most kids try to escape when they see a mask and scream and cry themselves to sleep.

I’m going to insert the catheter now John, with that she cupped her hand round my penis and guided the catheter into the hole and slowly fed it in, I only felt it slide in no pain, after a bit Sharon stopped and said can you feel that inside John, No I can only feel the tingling from the gas, ok I want you to cough for me on the count of three, one, two, three, I coughed, good It’s in all the way now. I heard a trickling noise and guessed it was my urine, I’ll measure the amount you have in there because the urologist will probably ask, after a minute she said that’s it all now 237 millilitres, all done now, I will just remove the catheter as she started to slowly slide t out, when it was out she put it in the tray, removed the green sheet, wiped my penis and applied some cream and powder and refastened the nappy, on instruction I lifted my bum and she pulled the pants up over the nappy, checked everything was snug and covered, Brenda said I think you can stop breathing the gas now, I took the mask from my face I seen Brenda’s hand come up towards the mask, I laughed and put it back up to my face and quickly too three large breaths of the sweet gas, this made me dizzy and I noticed a very slight buzz in my head, That’s enough now said Brenda taking the mask from me. Sharon tidied up and the both chatted about this and that while I slowly came back from planet entonox.

They both left saying their goodbyes to each other and Sharon thanked Brenda for her help, no problem said Brenda glad to help.

Sharon came back about five minutes later with another bag for the drip, your sample is with the urologist’s and it’s visiting time shortly an I think your mums here, I’ll have a word with her before she comes in.

About 10 minutes later Mum came in kissed me said hello asked how I was feeling, a lot better I said, Sharon has told me you are having trouble with your bladder, I nodded, what’s it like being in nappies again? I blushed and mum smiled, It’s ok, you don’t have to be embarrassed about what you can’t help, she pulled the sheets back and said, that’s a big thick nappy, takes me back a few years seeing you in that she laughed. Sharon came back in and said you ok, I said fine, ok I nearly forgot to say when you pass water next it might sting a bit it will just be the gel coming out don’t worry about it, I’m off now see you in the morning, I’ve told the late shift nurse that if you can’t sleep you can have an injection, but try to sleep naturally first, ok. I nodded by then, by Sharon I said.

She seems nice said mum, ohh yeah she is, I replied, I asked mum about the dog and dad and if any of my friends had been round, Yes Malcolm and George were round today asking how you were doing; Mal sent you a few magazines to read. I’ll put them in this cupboard for you, I have also fetched you some pyjamas and your slippers, and I have also brought some clothes for when they let you out. We chatted about this and that and soon it was time for her to go, we kissed and she gently hugged me, saying I hope your better soon, the house if far too quiet without you and the dog keeps looking for you. She got up to leave saying, See you tomorrow.

As I lay in bed I realised I was feeling very tired, it had been a long day, The night time nurse came in and said how are you, I said fine, anything you need?, some fresh water would be nice, ok she said, a few minutes later she came in with some painkillers and a small beaker and big jug of water and said take these and try to sleep, I’ll be back soon to check on you, if you need anything just press the buzzer, How’s the nappy? Dry I said ok, see you shortly.

I lay quietly trying to fall asleep, although I was tired I just could not fall asleep, I tossed and turned within the limits of the drip on one arm and the plaster cast on the other. After what felt like hours I felt a sharp stinging pain in my penis, followed by the feeling of the nappy getting warm as the wetness spread through it, this had me further from sleep than ever, The nurse came in quietly I said I’m still awake as she came over, ohh right, I see, I’ve just had a stinging pee and it was not nice, that’s just the gel you had before getting flushed out, My name is Alison if you want to call me Alison I would like that, Do you want the injection to help you sleep? I think I do I’ve tried for ages and even though I feel tired I just won’t fall asleep, ok If you’re ready, Yes Alison I’m ready, she put the syringe in the port in my arm and pressed the plunger, Goodnight she said as I felt the cold liquid run up my arm into my neck the darkness wrapped itself around me and I was asleep.

I awoke slowly the dark gradually turning into light, before I opened my eyes a voice said its Alison I’m just taking your temperature and blood pressure, ok I managed. I lay trying to work out if I was wet or dry, couldn’t so when I got my eyes to focus I flipped the covers back and noticed the new plastic pants had changed magically into an older pair again, I gathered I must have been changed again while asleep. I covered up again just as Alison came back in, the urologist is coming to see you and I’ve been told you are nil by mouth this morning, so don’t drink that water for now ok, I nodded. Sharon will be here shortly and I am off home I will see you later if your still here, Ok thanks Alison I said, you’re welcome lad she said.

Sharon came in about 10 minutes later, morning she said, how did you sleep, I didn’t I got the injection again I said, ok You know you are nil by mouth, I nodded, why is that then Sharon, I don’t know it’s Dr Smith’s instruction, I’m sure he will be here shortly. How’s the nappy, dry for now I said ok, has Alison done your temperature and blood pressure, yes just before, ok then just lie there for a bit then, she left.

Twenty minutes passed and Sharon came back with Dr Smith in tow, Good morning young man he said, Morning I replied, We tested your water and the only thing we could find in it was a very slight trace of blood, that might have been from being chathed I’m not sure, but I want to have a look inside your bladder to check if it’s in good order and make sure you didn’t damage anything when you fell off your bike, This is not a big operation, we will put you under and I will slide a very small camera scope up into your bladder and have a look around, should only take 10 minutes and you will be back here, ok, I nodded, Just then the anaesthetist appeared and said ohh no not him again, all three of them laughed, Right young man, it seems you are in need of my services again, so in an hour you will be joining me in the pre op room again, where I’ll get you under and the Dr Smith will have a look for you. The only thing is that you can’t have halothane again, we don’t give it to anyone more than once in a month, so you can’t have it, I felt my smile fade, so will I get the injection in the catheter, well usually that’s the easy way, I’m going to use ether as the anaesthetic this time and you would not like breathing it, it stinks, it would not matter how much nitrous you had you would still smell and taste the ether. But I have a think between now and then and you never know what will happen, he winked at me and both of them left saying see you shortly.

Sharon said I will be back shortly with your pre med injection, she left me wondering what was going to happen, would I get the injection and just drift off to sleep or had Dave the gasman got other ideas.

The hour seemed to pass very quickly and soon the porters arrived and I was taken with Sharon down in the lift and along to the theatres, we were heading to pre-op room 2 when a voice said not that room boys I’ve moved in here for this one, we moved along a door to pre-op room 3.

I was wheeled in and left beside the big anaesthetic machine Dave came up the room and said I am still using ether as the main anaesthetic but have a look over here, do you see that orange cylinder, I looked and next to the blue cylinder on the gas machine there was a big orange one mounted. Do you know what is in orange cylinders he asked, I shook my head and said no, he then asked Sharon, and do you know what is in orange cylinders? I haven’t a clue she answered, It’s a gas called cyclopropane, Cyclopropane is very expensive, very explosive and very rarely used now, it has a smell all of its own but it’s quite pleasant to breather, it’s also rather powerful stuff, I could put you both under in about two minutes with it. It’s normally used for big operations like heat and brain surgery.

Right let’s get started, he handed me the mask and turned the oxygen on, the little bobbin shot high up the glass, I handed the mask to Sharon and said will you hold that on for me, she laughed and said of course I will, just as long as I don’t have to breath any of the gas I hate gas. As Sharon gently placed the mask on my face Dave showed he how to get a good seal by placing her fingers under my chin. A good seal is important for two reasons it stops the gas leaking into the room so we don’t have to breathe it and it makes sure I know what he’s breathing and it’s not diluted by room air.

Right john just oxygen for a few minutes and when I’m ready you’ll get 50/50 nitrous/oxygen just to get you all nice and floaty. Then I will add ½% cyclo and gradually nudge it up to 2% and let you drift off on that, when you’re under I will transfer you next door and start the ether.

After a few minutes Dave adjusted the flow meters till the oxygen and the nitrous were equal and I felt the gas in the mask change and the sweetness of the nitrous in my throat, I was breathing quite fast the bag on the machine was following my breathing in and out, The tingling started fingers first, then toes gradually working its way along my arms and legs, Dave looked at Sharon and said you should try this sometime, it’s not as bad as you think, I had it years ago at the dentist and it was awful, felt like I was suffocating and the stink was just about unbearable, I was very sick for hours after too, sounds like you had ether anaesthesia, we don’t do that for inductions now, it too smelly and it takes far too long to go under. How you doing John? Getting all nice and tingly, yes I said into the mask, good, I’m going to give the cyclo a nudge now, ok, with that he reached over and opened another tap on the flow meter rack, as the bag filled I was breathing out, next breath I could smell something a bit like petrol but not as sharp, as it entered my lungs the nice warm feeling sneaked up and spread out through my body, next breath was the same but a little more so, next breath came with a slight buzz in my head, the tap was opened slightly more, the petrol smell got a lot stronger, the room started to move away and the sound of the gas was getting much louder the buzzing was rapidly spreading throuout my body too, iiiinnnnn! The gas said as it rushed into me, then ooouuuuut! , the buzzing shot down my body towards my penis and the pumping feeling started, my eyes were closing and as the gas said iiiinnnnnn again I was falling, spinning and falling into the blackness my body pumping and buzzing.

The next thing I remember was very slowly the dark starting to fade getting lighter, but it was taking a long time, gradually I noticed a taste on my breath it was pungent and strong and not at all pleasant as I came nearer the light it become stronger, I heard a voice say try a few deep breaths in and out, that’s it big deep breaths, try as I might I could not get my eyes open, I could hear and feel and touch but not see, I noticed the cold clammy feeling in the nappy area, well it’s consistent I thought, gradually I got my eyes open and tried to focus, it took about three minutes and while doing this I felt a wave of intense nausea wash over me, I started wrenching but there was nothing coming up apart from a belch that was full of the pungent smell, I felt awful, sick my head was spinning, Sharon replace the clear mask on my face, just keep breathing deep and try and clear your lungs, that’s it keep going. I felt like I had been run over by a steamroller, my head was pounding I felt sick.

Aww you feeling a bit rough John, I nodded , I can smell that ether on your breath and it’s giving me bad memories, I thought back to what she was saying about going to the dentists, I was thinking if she had this stuff I’m not surprised she didn’t want to try it again.

I felt Sharon checking my nappy, you’re very wet, but I won’t change you yet, not until you feel a bit better, I must admit I was pleased, I didn’t want to be bothered by anything or anyone right then.

After a while I came round, the sickness subsided but the taint of ether was still on my breath, Sharon stayed with me until she asked if I could handle a change, I nodded and she changed, washed and creamed and powdered me and replaced the pants, that felt a lot better to a nice fresh soft nappy hugging me tight.

Eventually I got round to talking and said that ether is horrible stuff, I’ve never felt so bad as I did before, I know all about it sympathized Sharon, I never want to have it again ever, once was enough, I agree I said.

Did Dr Smith get his pictures? I think he did I was not present at that bit, I took your nappy off when you slipped under you were wet and sticky she taunted, have a nice dream did you, I shyly said I don’t remember dreaming, but I think I just about felt myself wetting as I went under, you didn’t wet then it was slightly after you did that, just before I took the nappy off, you must have ejaculated when you slipped under, like last time, I looked away in shyness, Don’t worry about it, you’re at a strange age, everything is changing in your body, it’s from a boy into a man time for you, you will have wet dreams, probably acne and your voice will change it all part of growing up.

I asked for a drink of water, only a little she said, I don’t want you throwing up all over me, I don’t feel sick, never the less just take a few small sips till we see how you are.

The Trouble with Gas. 5

The rest of the day was taken up with visiting time the shift change, more temperature taking, blood pressure, my cuts were cleaned and redressed and I wet myself again and needed a change, Alison said that there was not any plastic pants on the ward that would fit me, so she borrowed some from another ward, she also put an order in with hospital supplies for some more my size. There is any amount of nappies in the stores but the laundry never seems to return the pants that we send.

When it became dark and things were a lot quieter Alison came back in and asked are you wet, just a little, not soaked, I would prefer you in a dry nappy before you go to sleep, I said I didn’t feel like sleeping yet and was planning to read some of the magazines I had been sent. That’s ok, if you wet again, ring the buzzer and I will be right in, Do you think you will sleep tonight on your own or will I need to fetch my magic sleep syringe again, I don’t know, I will try to sleep by myself, right no doubt we will find out later.

I lay reading superbike magazine for a while and I felt the nappy getting wet and warm. I reached under the covers to feel the warm patch spread through the nappy through the plastic pants and gently rubbed the front of the pants, I could feel my penis growing hard under the thick nappy, I continued rubbing till I felt the build up leading to ejaculation. I lay there quite spent from my exertions and pressed the call button.

Alison came in armed with a clean nappy another pair of pants, wash bowl, some towels, and the waterproof sheet; there was also another bag for the drip

After stripping me, washing me, then cream and powder, fresh nappy and changing the drip bag, she asked are you feeling tired, I am tired but I won’t sleep, I just know I won’t, that means you’ll be needing this then as she produced a pre-filled syringe from her pocket. Probably I said.

I’ve often wondered what it like when you get this stuff, I mean I know how it works and what dose to give to active the effect I require, but how does it feel when your asleep, is it just like sleep? Do you dream?

I thought for a few minutes and said Imagine being awake as white and general anaesthesia as black, this is sort of grey, you can’t wake up and open your eyes but you can usually hear people and things going on around you but you can’t really feel anything either, not your sore arm or hurting head. When I first get the injection I can feel the cold liquid travelling up my arm, when it gets to my neck I fall under to the grey. Alison looked thoughtful, when you close your eyes you always let out a long sigh then carry on breathing, do you dream? Well not really you sort of take your mood with you, if I was happy, I have a feeling of happiness, if I was sad I feel sad.

I think I understand what you mean, Are you ready for this then she said holding up the syringe, I nodded, ok here goes, she inserted the syringe in the port and gently pushed the plunger as the cold liquid ran up my arm she gently rubbed my cheek with her finger, I smiled as my eyes grew heavy and the darkness came.

I woke next morning with Alison checking the blood pressure and my temperature, then she checked my nappy by inserting her finger under the leg band of the pants, Someone I know needs changed she said quietly, That someone being me I mumbled, Hey you cheeky monkey, how long have you been awake?, with that she rubbed her hand on the front of my pants, I opened my eyes, your awake now she laughed, I was going to say so is someone else too, but thought better of it. You can have breakfast this morning, what do you fancy, cereal, toast or something else. Just toast with butter and a cup of tea, Ok I’ll order you some, I felt the dreaded warmth spreading through the nappy front, I think I need that change sooner rather than later I said screwing up my face, Right I will be right back then, does the bed need changed too, It might I said I feel very wet. She left grinning.

When Alison returned Sharon was with her and said a cheery good morning, I returned her greeting half heartedly, Ohh I guess someone’s nappy is full, they both laughed. I stuck my tongue out at them, we could cut that off for you, you know said Alison. Right I think we will deal with the nappy first then change the bed, as she grabbed the covers she said lift up and slid the waterproof mat under me and pulled the plastic pants down to my knees, your soaked Mr and smelly, I blushed I didn’t do it on purpose you know, Awww said Sharon I know I was just teasing, I got the full wash and brush up treatment clean nappy brand new plastic pants, my hair brushed, my face washed and the they both lifted me out of the bed which was stripped and remade, just then Dr Smith the urologist appeared, Morning all he said, I was a bit shy sitting on the chair dressed only in a nappy being held up by Sharon, he’s just about sorted Alison said and his breakfast should be here in a few minutes, That’s ok said Dr Smith, I want a few words with him the he can have his breakfast.

I was lifted back into bed and the covers turned back up.

Dr Smith then said right I had a good look round your bladder yesterday and it all looked good, the only thing I seen was that your sphincter muscles did not look like they were very strong, what this means is that when your bladder is filling up they don’t have the strength to hold the urine in so it gets just so full and your bladder thinks you are peeing so it automatically contracts and fully empties. This might have been present before your fall from the bike, but probably not, it may be something to do with the signals from your brain not reaching the muscles after the bump to your head, it may be a temporary thing it might not, I want to do a few tests on you today to check your bladder pressures and capacity, it’s nothing major and completely painless. Is there anything you want to ask me? Will I be awake, oh yes fully awake, it will only take about half an hour. I will ring up later when I’m ready, you enjoy your breakfast and I will see you later. With that he left.

The nurses fetched my toast and tea they buttered it for me and put milk and sugar in the tea for me. Alison draped a towel over her arm and said will that be all sir, I’ve got some sleep to catch, we all laughed and Alison left saying bye for now.

When she had gone I said to Sharon, what do you think of what Dr Smith said, well it looks like you will just have to wait for a bit and see if your muscles get stronger down there, but it might take a while. I frowned, I was thinking of going to school in nappies, in fact trying to do everything in nappies, Cheer up Sharon said, it might not come to that, I said but it might, look I know it sounds bad, but I don’t think anyone has ever died from wetting themselves, I laughed and immediately thought of the phrase, I pissed myself laughing!

Soon after breakfast was over Sharon said that they were on the way to take me to see Dr Smith, ok I said are you coming, No I won’t be need they have their own nurses down there. Hey you she said coming close, don’t worry about going down there, they see all sorts of embarrassing things every day they are used to it, ok, I nodded, ok good luck, see you soon.

The two porters arrived and said taxi to urology? I put my hand up; good found him said one of the porters. The wheeled me out the ward into the lift down to the ground floor and right over to the other side of the hospital, eventually we came to the urology department. After checking with the lady on the desk I was wheeled through double doors into a large room, there was all sorts of strange looking machines all around the room some had television screens some had drip bags on them some looked very strange indeed.

Dr Smith poked his head round the door and said be right with you, just sorting out this rowdy lot in here.

The he and two nurses came over and said right what we will do first is the capacity test, I’ll put a catheter into your bladder and gradually fill it with sterile water until you say your full, while we are filling it up we will be watching the trace on a chart to see what your bladder does at various points on filling, they jacked the bed up to the height of the rubber covered table and the nurses gently moved me across, Don’t you look cute in your nice new plastic pants, well at least I’m still dry they smirked, you might not be when we are finished I warn you now.

Dr Smith was collecting stuff from drawers around the room while to two nurses were getting me undressed , This probe here is going up your back passage, it checks to see if you are pushing while we do the test, with that she put a small rubber like cover over the end of the probe with gloved hands then smeared it with clear jelly, then putting some of the jelly on her finger said try to relax and worked the jelly into my back passage the she put the probe in, Dr Smith had a syringe in his hand and said I’m going to inject this into your penis to numb the urinary tract, then in a few minutes I’ll put the catheter in and we will begin the test. As he injected the jell into me I felt a sharp stinging pain, That will soon pass he said, as you can see there is a pressure sensor on the catheter that connects to the machine the tells me what your bladder is doing and he started to push the cath into me it slid in and in till he reached a point where I could feel it touch something inside me, cough for me, I coughed and the catheter slid further in, He them pushed the plunger on a small syringe and said that inflates a small balloon on the catheter that stops it falling out, then he connected the catheter to the machine. Right we will just turn everything on and start, the machine started and a paper started spilling out from a roll inside, the machine started pumping water from a bag up the catheter and a gauge was measuring the water flow, this went on for about three minutes and then Dr Smith said can you feel the water in your bladder, I said I could feel the coldness of the water, Ok Just tell me when you feel full and start getting uncomfortable.

The machine carried on pumping and the paper was still coming off the roll with two lines one red one blue and the blue one was a bit squiggly here and there, I said I feel full, like I really need to pee, ok , There is quite a lot of water in there 300 millilitres in fact so we will stop, he switched the pump off and they waited a few minutes, the paper showed some really big squiggles , that is your bladder trying very hard to push all that water back out, one of the nurses said. Right that’s fine, now I am going to deflate the balloon and take the catheter out, you might start peeing as soon as it’s out or you will start peeing when we stand you up right, whatever happens just let it happen ok, don’t try and hold it. I nodded and one nurse lifted a large measuring beaker and stood by waiting for the Dr to remove the catheter, as soon as it was out I could hear the pee flowing into the beaker, it went on for ages and eventually the nurse said 254 millilitres, right said Dr Smith can we stand him upright now, she handed him the beaker and they both lifted me till I was standing up and the pee started again into the beaker, eventually it stopped and they gently lifted be back on the table. Total 354 millilitres Dr Smith said. Right nurse you can get him wrapped up and back in his bed now it is all done.

When my nappy and pants was back on, Dr Smith said That’s it I will be up later with the results and to have a word with your parents, so you can go back up to the ward now. I was slid across to my bed, and then the porters came back and wheeled me back up.

Sharon noticed us arrive and asked if I was ok, I said yes ok, good; I will be along in a few minutes. The porters continued along the ward to my room and put the bed back where it was, said their goodbyes and left.

Sharon came in and said the drip is coming out, you don’t need it anymore, also you have to choose from the list what you want for dinner also for your tea, As she handed the list to read she was pulling at the sticky plaster holding the catheter port in my arm, it eventually peeled off and she pulled the needle out and held a swab over the hole for a few minutes, checking now and then to see if it had stopped bleeding. I eventually chose fish fingers and chips for dinner as nothing else on the list appealed to me and mince and potatoes and sponge cake and custard for afters. Sharon then said I want you to drink plenty of water now the drip is out, just have a little but often, That will mean plenty of wet nappy’s I said, that doesn’t matter she said, anyways it might mean one more change per day, I don’t see that as a problem. I nodded. It’s better for you to keep the water flowing it helps your kidneys and it also dilutes your pee and helps you not get a rash. Again I nodded, Right I will go and order your dinner, Then I’ll come back to see you.

Ten minutes later she was back, I think you are ok to get out of bed for a bit, you can have your dinner at the table in the dayroom, I was about to say What about the nappy and she beat me to it, We will try and get your pyjamas on , lifting the covers back she said slowly swing yourself round this way, right put your legs in the pyjama pants, now holding on to me carefully stand up, she pulled the pants up over the nappy, I could feel how tight they were because of the bulky nappy and the top of the waistband and a bit of the nappy were still showing, then we discovered that there was no way the pyjama top would fit over the plaster cast on my arm, Sharon laughed, that could be a problem, taking a pair of scissors from her pocket she cut the arm of the top right up to the shoulder, she then manovered it over the plaster cast and put my other arm in the other sleeve, getting better she said trimming the excess of sleeve with the scissors. Right, slippers on and off we go, When I was ready she stood me up and said right take it steady hold on to me you might be a bit wobbly a first. The first few steps were awkward and I felt a bit giddy but it soon cleared and we walked slowly out the room and up the ward. When we reached the day room there was about seven other kids in there, somewhere just sitting watching T.V, other were on the floor playing with toys and games, they ranged in age from about 5/6 right up to 15/16, a few watched our entrance with interest the others just carried on with what they were doing, Sharon lead me up to the table and pulled a seat out for me. When I was sat she turned and said, Can I have you all at the table, dinners just arrived. Everyone headed for the table and eventually was all sitting. Between Sharon and another Nurse and the lady from the kitchen they eventually got everyone their dinners. I ate all my fish fingers chip and peas and got a cup of tea, When they finished all the younger kids drifted off back to the T.V or the games they had been playing before dinner.

That left four of us at the table two girls and two boys aged 12 and over, the boy moved over beside me and the two girls moved to sit opposite us. What’s your name said the boy, John I said, I’m Doug, that’s Helen and that’s Sarah, Hi I said. What you in here for then? I fell off my bike and banged my head and broke my arm. I’ve just had an operation on my foot said Doug, I am waiting for an operation on my ear said Helen, I looked as Sarah who was looking quite sheepish, before I asked Doug said Sarah has had two operations on her bladder, Oh I said not nice. Not it isn’t said Sarah, Sarah then said I know you vaguely from school, you are a year under me, Oh I said, rather shyly cause I didn’t recognise Sarah, Helen and I go to the other school local said Doug, Ok I said.

Well I could not help noticing when you came in but you and Sarah both have something in common, apart from your school that’s, Sarah glared at Doug, but he continued, your both dressed the same, I looked over at Sarah and said at least you have both arms in your top, mime would not fit over the plaster cast. Sarah laughed then looked away, No that’s not it, your both wearing nappies. Helen jumped in and said Doug you would not like it if you were in a nappy and someone was taking the micky out of you, I’m sorry Doug said I was just making conversation, Sarah turned back round to Doug and said yes at my expense, It’s bad enough having to wear them, but you just have to mention it every time, don’t you. May be he secretly would like to try one said Helen. Sarah Laughed, I hope when he does he gets nappy rash, I don’t said Doug defiantly, so you say, Helen added.

When is the op on your ear Helen I said trying to change the subject, Soon I hope, they already took me down to theatre and put me to sleep, then discovered that I had an infection in my ear so they would not do the op, Did you have the mask or the injection to go to sleep I asked, Oh the injection Helen said, I don’t like the gas it smells horrible and make you feel all funny.

Doug said I had the mask, I counted up to six I think, it’s not that bad the gas it just gets a bit strong when you are nearly asleep.

Sarah added I got the injection first time and the mask the second time, first time I was ok when I came round just a bit sore, the second time that gas was not that bad when I was put under, quite fun actually made me feel all buzzy and fizzy, but I was very sick when I woke up. I was like that yesterday I said was sick as a dog.

Doug said I think I will go and lie on my bed and read for a bit , my foot is hurting cause I have it down, Helen said I’m going for a shower the nurse said she would take me after dinner.

I looked over at Sarah she said she had nothing to do and I could stay and talk a bit if I wanted, that’s ok I said I’ve been in bed since I was brought in here, it’s nice to be up for a change. Sarah got up and come around the table to my side and sat next to me, I looked as she walked round, I could not see the shape of a nappy under her pyjama’s, Oh she said you need some bigger pyjamas they don’t fit over that very well do they, no it’s a bit obvious isn’t it. How long have you been wearing them, just since my accident a few days ago, Lucky you Sarah said I have been wearing mine since I was six, I was potty trained when I was two and wore them for a bit longer at nighttimes, then when I was six I started wetting the bed, then I started wetting myself during the day too, so mum put me back in nappies, been wearing them ever since, I said do you go to school wearing them, I go everywhere wearing them, I dare not go without, ahh I said, I could be like that, what do you mean, well I went to the urologist today for tests and I don’t think it went very well, but I’m still waiting for the official verdict, Oh, I see, how do you get on with them , I mean do you hate wearing them she asked, well I would rather not be wearing them but they have a certain niceness about them and they are quite comfortable, yeah when they are dry Sarah added, not so nice when they are soaked though, I agreed. So you don’t mind wearing them I asked, well I’ve worn them for so long now I feel a bit lost and insecure when I’m not in one, that’s usually only when I’m in the bath or things like that.

What about the operations? Sarah’s face fell and she looked sad, Well they were to check out what was going on with my bladder, they knew years ago that my bladder outlet has a deformity and they could not do anything about it while I was small, but also because I was only six when all this started my bladder never grew up with me, because it never has anything in it remained small, I understood why she was sad, she had been told that she would be like this for ever, I’m sorry I said, I didn’t mean to upset you, You didn’t honestly, it’s just.............., I know I said looking straight into her eyes, I’m scared that’s how it will be for me, it’s not looking promising. Sarah reached over and took my hand, but under the table so none of the others could see, I was a bit startled at first and my first reaction was to pull away, I resisted and just looked at her, she looked back, I noticed she had blue eyes and freckles and when she had been smiling before she was quite pretty, but now she looked very sad and maybe a bit scared too, I gently squeezed her hand, she half smiled.

Just then Sharon came into the day room, right you lot back to your beds, its visiting time, all the poor parents are waiting outside the ward. Looking at me she said I’ll take you back along in a minute, Sarah said that she would see me back, Sharon smile at me at said ok but be careful he’s in a bad enough state, Sarah said I will, She got up and when I stood up she moved the chair out of my way, took my hand again and set off walking towards my room, gently but firmly guiding me along.

I feel a bit silly I said, Why should you, Your not well, just had a big accident you’ll get better soon I’m sure, besides I’m older than you, she smiled, I took the chance and said you have a lovely smile, she turned away and I’m sure she blushed, that made me a bit red too, right you were are here she said, get back into bed, she leaned over and whispered, are you wet, I said no not yet, I’m soaked, we both laughed, I’m sure you get changed by the nurse if you ask, I usually change myself, but the nurses insist they do it in here because they always wash you while changing you, I have noticed I said, Ok got to go, I’ll sit with you at tea time, that’s if you don’t mind, of course I don’t I said, Good see you later then. I did notice that she was wadding slightly when she left and was wondering what she looked like just in her nappy, then told me off for being so crude.

Just as she left my mum came in and said hello and we kissed, how you doing now? I’ve just been up to the dayroom and had dinner, must be getting better then, she said, yeah I agreed, Who was that I nearly bumped into, Oh that’s Sarah, she goes to my school, just met her before in the day room, Oh right, said Mum looking puzzled. Just Then Dr Smith came in and he grabbed a chair and sat beside the bed, Well what did the tests say then, Mum asked, well I think it’s not very good, John has minimal control of his bladder weather this is a permanent thing or just temporary I can’t tell you, but the longer it goes on the less chance he has of becoming continent again, Mum looked shocked, I was sort of expecting this and was thinking of Sarah, How will we manage that Dr, well you have not really got many choices, I could insert a Foley catheter and a leg bag, but it’s a sure way of having bladder infections, also the catheter will constantly rub inside the bladder and cause further damage, or you will have to carry on using nappies, I know it’s a shock and will be a lot of hassle but many people have to deal with incontinence, people of all ages, not just old people, most live perfectly normal lives and as I said to John earlier I don’t think that anyone has ever died from Incontinence, Mum was quiet, thinking this through. Tell me about the nappies, can you get disposable nappies that will fit, Dr Smith said, you can but I would not recommend them, they are not very reliable prone to leaks, I would tend to stick with what he is wearing now, good quality terry squares and plastic pants, they are tried and tested, rather bulky I know, but they work.

What about school, You can arrange with the school nurse to change as required, you just leave some nappies and pants with them, she will probably already have at least one child in nappies at her school, I wondered if Sarah had to do this. As he is 12 all supplies will be free and will remain so, I will send you home with a few leaflets on skincare and a list of good creams and powders, Also I would expect John to learn how to change himself soon, he’s old enough. He might have a few water infections due to being in nappies and the occasional rash, but the skin will soon harden up and the infections should not be regular, it will need investigation if he has a lot of them. I will give you as much information as I can before he comes home. Mum still looked a bit shocked and was struggling to take all this in. Dr Smith said that he had to go as he had another parent he wanted to see, Mum said thanks for your help, That’s what I’m here for and don’t forget your G.P will have all the information on John’s note too., Dr Smith left and for a few minutes there was complete silence in the room.

Mum eventually said, well that’s a lot to take in, in one go, but I suppose it could be worse, I nodded, Well; I had better go tell your Dad the news when he comes in from work. Is there anything you need for when I come tomorrow? I could be doing with a bigger pair of pyjama’s, why Mum said, Well let me show you, I pulled the sheets back and Mum looked and said, yes I see what you mean, You’ll need bigger trousers too, I never thought of that I said. Well I don’t see you going out in just a nappy and tee shirt, no I don’t either. Right I’ll have to go, Mum said, tell the dog I miss him when you get home, oh he will be all over me, sniffing for you when I go in, I think he’s missing you too.

With that Mum got up kissed me and give me a hug and said see you tomorrow, but it will be night visiting not afternoon, ok, ok I said, see you then, then.

About five minutes after Mum left Sharon came by and said bad luck squirt, looks like you’ll be needing nappies for a bit yet, your poor mother is shocked, I’m sure she’ll get used to it, eventually I said, I’m sure she said, not unless she’s going to give you away, Sharon smiled just to make sure I knew she was joking, I don’t think anyone would take me I said, you would be surprise Sharon said. Here what was going on before with you and a certain young Lady, is it Sarah? Nothing I said she volunteered to walk me back up here, I see, Lucky you then, yeah I said, right if you need anything just come and find me, I was wondering if it would be possible to go to the toilet, yes it would, come on I’ll take you down there now, we walked to the toilet and when we got there Sharon removed the pants and nappy sat me on the toilet and said if you can’t manage wiping I’ll do it, I should manage I said, ok be back very shortly, ok, yes ok I said. I done what I had too and managed the wiping flushed the toilet and Sharon came back, right just pull those pants and Jami’s up and follow me, she laughed at me struggling with one arm then said, stop, let me do it, on the way back I could feel the plastic pants all slippery and a bit sticky against my skin , they were also rubbing my penis as I walked this joined in by stretching to its full extent, Sharon said lay on the bed and I will get you sorted, she left to get another nappy and the cream and powder, she came back dropped the pyjamas and the plastic pants to find my penis standing to attention, what’s done that Sharon asked, The pants were rubbing it when I was walking, Ahh laughed Sharon as he folded the nappy lift up, she placed the nappy under me and rubbed the cream on followed by the powder, then she stopped, I’m going to leave you for a few minutes, I can’t point that down and get your nappy tight when it’s like that, can I?, Sharon left me and I clamped my hand round my penis and started to work it up and down, it didn’t take long before the tingly feeling came over me and I wiped my hand on the outside of the nappy, Sharon come back in and said that’s better I will manage now, She pulled the nappy up and pinned it tight said nothing about the shiny sticky bit, fixed the pants up and checked everything was snug pulled the pyjama pants up and said there now, it will soon be tea time, hope you’re hungry, I am rather, good , I hope you are remembering to drink plenty of water, yes I said look half of the jug has gone, I’ll refill it then, ok. Yes I said, quite looking forward to tea and seeing Sarah again.

• Like 1