LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Some Easy Qs For Experienced Dls

NewGuy20

'm sorry if these are obvious questions or if they've been brought up before but I'm a beginner and I'm feeling a little lost with some routine aspects of diaper wearing. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm just getting into wearing diapers. (Actually, I've always been interested in them but I've just recently started buying them more frequently.) The questions I have probably sound really dumb and obvious to all you experienced DLs but I'd be really, really grateful if some experienced DLs could humor me and just throw some answers my way. These questions have really left me scratching my head. Not sure if some crucial aspects of diaper wearing have been lost on me or If I'm just over thinking things.

DIAPERS: I am buying depends right now. (everyone tells me they're really bad as far as diapers go) With my roomate, I can't order stuff off the internet at the moment. So my question is this--- are there other, BETTER adult diapers besides depends available at Walgreens, Walmart, Target, or any other stores that might be common? Or do most stores just carry depends or something of the same 'low' quality? All I can find is depends so far.

DIAPERING: I think I'm getting the hang of diapering myself but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I know that too loose might mean leaks. But I feel like I'm taping myself up so tight that I'm cutting off circulation and I'm uncomfortable. (And isn't diaper wearing all about comfort?) Is there a trick to diapering yourself? Anything special I can do to perfect my technique? Snug enough to prevent leaks. Enough room in the seat for a comfortable BM. Loose enough to be comfortable on my waist. Is it just a matter of practice makes perfect? Experienced moms do it every day but getting all that right is far from easy for me! How do you guys manage?

CREAMS, OILS, AND POWDERS: I see so many creams and powders I'm really getting lost with what does what. Powder is supposed to keep skin dry. Baby oil is supposed to lock in moisture. I need both, right? Should I be using more oil or more powder? What about diaper rash cream. I don't have a diaper rash but wouldn't it help to prevent a rash? Or is that the purpose that baby power and baby oil serve? Do you guys use baby oil and baby powder EVERY TIME you change? Or will a baby wipe do just fine? But If I use a baby wipe won't I wipe off the powder and oil I applied at the last change? Should I apply just oil during a change? Just powder? Neither?

Archived