LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Good Ole Days

With dpf.com now gone I started reminiscing about where it was all going in the 90s. So for you young bucks out there here is some history.

After the ole bulletin boards systems at the very beginning of the internet age I remember the USENET newsgroups alt.sex.fetish.diapers. Then there was another newsgroup setup when the spam started overwhelming us called alt.fan.dean-stark.diaper-play. The key to finding non-spam messages was to look for a ~ at the beginning of the message.

I remember setting up my email to be a part of the BBIF Email Group. They even had one for Dallas Ft. Worth. There I actually met people and we met in real life. It is still around. Then of course the biggest socializing was done ta DPF parties. It was so fun to go to a hotel and meet up with a bunch of other people who liked to wear diapers. There would be adult baby games and a bunch of people just talking and socializing about our love of diapers.

Then there was IRC - Internet Relay Chat. It was a big chat room. There was a DPF room where you could chat with others. There was also the private room diapers on AOL. That was almost always full. It seemed like in its birth the internet gave us many places to hook up. Nowadays there are so many places and so many services we have kind of spread out. Anyone else got any other places they would visit in the 90s?

SDB

That sounds like it was a lot of fun. It would be cool to meet people at hotels.

I started reading about AB/DL stuff around 1996, but I never imagined meeting anybody in person, especially in boring Dallas.

With dpf.com now gone I started reminiscing about where it was all going in the 90s. So for you young bucks out there here is some history.

After the ole bulletin boards systems at the very beginning of the internet age I remember the USENET newsgroups alt.sex.fetish.diapers. Then there was another newsgroup setup when the spam started overwhelming us called alt.fan.dean-stark.diaper-play. The key to finding non-spam messages was to look for a ~ at the beginning of the message.

I remember setting up my email to be a part of the BBIF Email Group. They even had one for Dallas Ft. Worth. There I actually met people and we met in real life. It is still around. Then of course the biggest socializing was done ta DPF parties. It was so fun to go to a hotel and meet up with a bunch of other people who liked to wear diapers. There would be adult baby games and a bunch of people just talking and socializing about our love of diapers.

Then there was IRC - Internet Relay Chat. It was a big chat room. There was a DPF room where you could chat with others. There was also the private room diapers on AOL. That was almost always full. It seemed like in its birth the internet gave us many places to hook up. Nowadays there are so many places and so many services we have kind of spread out. Anyone else got any other places they would visit in the 90s?

SDB

Crikey... THAT's taking me back some! LOL!

I had known I was ABDL (or rather, knew I liked diapers) before the Net but I remember a.s.f.d. very well.

I'd first heard of it from a free computer magazine whose name I forget; it was widely distributed in the mid 90's and most people on the net in that era had read it.

The article was yet another primer on Usenet and the alt.* group hierarchy. Alt.* is Sex to most and the author was going on at some length about the weird fetish groups. He said, and I remember this very very clearly for 15 years ago: "...groups like alt.sex.fetish.diapers! Please don't ask!"

At the time, I thought, "Why yes I will!", and opened up Forte Free Agent and burned more dial-up time.

I almost never posted on that group; I was very paranoid and still am to an extent (I have two blogs, a website and a presence which, while not Robert Scoble's, would not be helped by my admitting to my fetish publicly.)

I posted a few times via the anon@penet.fi address; if you remember that first hand, you are a real Net old-timer. When that was shut down, I never posted again. And as this was around the time people needed to use tildes to indicate authentic content, that was it for a.s.f.d and me.

What I really miss from those days were and are the stories. A.s.f.d saw much of its fiction posted during a time before Usenet was archived to any extent. Deja News, the early news archiver, didn't have any a.s.f.d content and had they not been bought by Google, they may have trashed their database, or so the rumors had it at the time.

I had a selection of stories from the group on a Zip disk, which got corrupted so I had even fewer. Many stories from that era do still exist on the net, but they're widely scattered. It was only recently, for example, that Kevin's story series "Ashley's Diaper Adventures", a mainstay of a.s.f.d, returned to the Net. There are many favorite stories that I can only remember, disappearing from the net.

Lil'Jennies Infantilism site, still around, is just about the only reminder of what a.s.f.d. was.

When I was younger, there was a more dedicated userbase in that there were very grounded individuals contained in very private, organized communities.

Branching out to the Internet at large has been a double-edged sword because we've been able to reach out to more people who are like us, yet on the other hand we've attracted those on the fringes, trolls and people who aren't as tight-knit with the community as people who came before them.