LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Is The Range Of Money That We As Ab/Dl'S Make?

How much money did you earn in 2009?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What is our financial range?

• 0-10,000
    • 10,000-30,000
    • 30,000-50,000
    • 50,000-100,000
    • way more I'mt to rich to ask me that kind of question!

I have been very fortunate in my working life and so has my partner. As to the exact or even approximate amount, it is not a subject I willingly discuss. My parents were very serious when they said that to discuss ones income is in poor taste. So I get all self conscience about it. I did check the right box.

One important factor to consider is the area of the country (or in the world) you live, since the cost of living is so closely related to income. I live in the Northeast US and together my wife and I pull in over 100,000. Don't get me wrong; I feel very, very fortunate, but I do not consider myself rich. With one daughter in grad school and living at home and with another daughter still in college, we have lots to pay for.

I remember seeing my family's tax form one year when I was in high school (back in the 60's). Our (my dad's) income was around $5,000 and I figured if I ever made 10,000, I'd have things pretty good! I started teaching earning just under $7000 and paid my wife's college tuition that year as well. Things change, don't they?!

Alone, I'm pulling in between 40-50K from retirement, but I feel the need to be working and am in the process of trying to find something without settling for minimum wage (though soon I may just do that).

Again, income is so relative to your age and 'place in life' (not at all judgmentally meant) as well as cost of living in your area. What a 'well-off' person earns in the South or Midwest of the US wouldn't go far enough in Southern New England.

Interesting topic, none the less.

Well since we are all being so candid on our funds I'll add my $.02. I doubt I will ever be wealthy or make middle class living just because I am a connoisseur of the job market. For one reason or another I never seem to keep a job more than a little over a year. Whether it be boredom, assholes in the workplace, or bi-polar or name it what you will. I've come to grips with it and happier for it. I recently just left a job making well over 30k a year because they treated me like total shit. I refuse to suffer through a job I hate and it shows on my resume...lol. My wife is ok with it and that's all I can hope for. I struggle to make sure we have rent paid, food and electric. Maybe I just haven't found my calling yet in life. Basically I hate working for a living and a few therapist will attest to that.

• Like 1

Let me think how much on average does an unemployed college student living with his parents make a week? Ummmmm $40-$50 yea and thats including gas money. :( Hopfully this lottery thing works out for me lol. :P

I made 90k+ last year as an investment banking analyst in NYC. I quit the job a few months ago because the stress was killing me (literally, as in high blood pressure, hypertension and panic attacks)(and I'm not rich now or anything because I blew all that money on rent, clothes, bars, weed and other crap I didn't need. Funny thing was that one of the reasons I got the job in the first place was to prove to myself, ex-gf, friends and parents that being an AB/DL wouldn't hold me back from being successful in the most competitive of environments. This turned out to be a really stupid reason for doing something because I pretty much wasted the last 3 years of my life on a job that I hated and consumed my life (100+ hours/week, constant stress, miserable people). My advice to anyone is that if you make a plan and work hard to execute it, you can have any job you want. Make sure it's something you actually want, though. In my case, I wasn't doing what I wanted, just trying to compensate for a perceived character flaw (being a DL). I was pretty much trying to prove to my ex-gf, parents and friends that I wasn't just an insecure guy with a diaper fetish, I was smart/successful/competitive/whatever. It's fine to strive for success, but make sure it's a goal that you really believe in and not, as in my case, just an attempt to prove something to someone. At the moment I'm unemployed, living frugally and happier than I've been in years.

I can relate to this on many accounts. I'm 19K less then you but I do bring in 10-15k on side Jobs plus a 5k bonus. I've been pretty successful and I think I have done well. I think my success came from the same drive that you described in showing the world that I am not a freak.

I think that you are happy now because you realized that the only verdict that counts is your own.

Thanks for posting this. I have been able to relate to this and it feels good to know there is someone out there that is like me in curtain ways.

I was averageing 110-120K until the economy did a face-plant. Now I am lucky to make 1/3 of that. Fortunately, I have been through down economies before, so I have been very frugal for the past few years, and I have some savings to get me through. If the "friends" that I have helped out by lending money to in the past would just pay me back, I would be able to breathe a lot easier.