LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cushies Shipped

My wife received our 1/2 case of Cushies today and sent me a text message while I was at work to brag/guilt trip me for not being there to change her into one.

I got home after she had left to have coffee with her friends so I showered with Baby Shampoo and changed myself into one.

Their scent is subtle, but nice.

The look is above and beyond what the few pics have shown.

The one tape feels more authentic, but has left a gap of looseness at the top under/on my tummy.

The crinkle is very noticeable.

It is comfortable dry, but I haven't wet it yet.

Overall, a GREAT DIAPER for play time, but I would feel like I would be wasting them if I wore them for casual wear.

I would feel like I would be wasting them if I wore them for casual wear.

Sounds like how I felt about my first ever Bambino Classicos. Back when they were quite a bit more expensive than they are today and I was living in the UK (making them very hard to come by), I made a pack of 8 last about 6 months :lol:

I have no doubt that I'll feel the same about these - that they're a 'special occasion' diaper. I have plenty of other diapers for when I want to wear for hours on end or when I want to put one on under my clothes and just get on with my day. These will be for the end of loooong stressful days with my bottle and blankie :)

No ship notification yet though :(

I just received an "Emergency Update" email from ABU after they told me yesterday that they would ship list night. If you're in a hurry for them, it sounds like you're going to be disappointed.

We appreciate you and your business very much! Recently many new and existing customers have ordered our newest hit product, ABU Cushies diapers. So many, in fact, that we have become completely overloaded with orders... at a level we have never seen before. Even if your recent order did not contain our new ABU Cushies product, it is still having to work its way through our fulfillment system and will be subject to some delay. In fact our turnaround from the time someone places thier online order, to the time we have that order on the delivery truck, has risen to one week. Please understand that we find this shipping delay as unacceptable as you likely do. Rest assured, we are taking monumental steps to get all pending - and new - orders out as soon as possible.

I just received an "Emergency Update" email from ABU after they told me yesterday that they would ship list night. If you're in a hurry for them, it sounds like you're going to be disappointed.

I didn't get that. I've dropped them an email asking what the state of play is.

We appreciate you and your business very much! Recently many new and existing customers have ordered our newest hit product, ABU Cushies diapers. So many, in fact, that we have become completely overloaded with orders... at a level we have never seen before. Even if your recent order did not contain our new ABU Cushies product, it is still having to work its way through our fulfillment system and will be subject to some delay. In fact our turnaround from the time someone places thier online order, to the time we have that order on the delivery truck, has risen to one week. Please understand that we find this shipping delay as unacceptable as you likely do. Rest assured, we are taking monumental steps to get all pending - and new - orders out as soon as possible.

Just got the same e-mail today. They offered me a 10% off coupon code for their products. Sounds like pretty good customer service to me!!!!

As our way of appologizing for your inconvience in waiting for

your order, we would like to offer you 10% any future order that

you may place on ABUniverse.com. (Gave me code, not sure if I'm suppose to share).

Pretty awesome they told us there'd be a delay and did something about it right away. To be honest, I expected a delay on a new release so the coupon was a much welcomed surprise!! Wonder how many they're selling?? Must be way more then they were expecting to which is good for all of us. Maybe it'll help the prices to come down some and encourage them to continue to create new products. Guess there's quite a few willing to pay the price for them anyway!!

Update: I have found 1 and only 1 flaw, they don't have any stretchiness to the waist so after a while of being in one with out pants or a diaper cover they start to sag and I find myself having to pull them up when I am walking around the house.

Outside of that this is by far the best play time diaper I have ever worn and my wife agrees that they look great on me, but I think she would say that about any diaper so her view might be altered by love. With the purple border and 'Pampers' scent we give it 4 thumbs way up!!

For general wear I will be sticking to Secure Personal Care X-Pluses, but for play time you can bet my butt will be covered in Smiling Hearts, Stars, Planes and Sail Boats.

• Like 1

Update from me too :D

Kudos to ABU, they actually shipped them 4 days earlier than they estimated and they came today B). I guess the shipping notification went AWOL but I can forgive them that, I think :).

They look great, feel great and smell great too (I got them scented). I'm probably not going to have the chance to try them out until the weekend at least but first impressions are very good. They're thick but not Bambino/Abri-form thick so probably not completely floodable but I can deal with that :)

Quick question for people who have had scented ABU diapers before - how well do they retain the scent over time? Can they live in my main diaper box and permeate my other diapers or should I keep them somewhere relatively air-tight to keep the smell in???

[edit to add] One other thing, I read somewhere or another that they have no standing leak guards - well they certainly do have them - quite high ones at that :)

Wore my Cushie overnight. Didn't wet much while sleeping for a change, but just flooded it at my desk. No leaks. Def not as thick as Bambino so I wouldn't dare give it another round, but it's good solid protection for 1-2 voids. Love the crinklyness of it, and it just feels "right" to have such a babyish diaper on. I personally would prefer a second tape just to make me feel better, but the single tape held and didn't sag. Just have to apply it on the rise of your hip, not across the hips, so it has a bit of curve to catch on.

One other thing, I read somewhere or another that they have no standing leak guards - well they certainly do have them - quite high ones at that :)

I've seen quite a few post about this and I know Adriansurley's blog had been telling everyone they don't have them either but I see she fixed the error now. Wish people would actually research the diapers before posting negative comments about these diapers especially ones that aren't true.

Anyway, still waiting to hear about mine being shipped, it's only been 6 days from today so not too worried especially since they already apologized for the delay and gave me 10% off next order. That's a pretty good savings!! Anyone else get the coupon code for having to wait?

• Like 1

I've seen quite a few post about this and I know Adriansurley's blog had been telling everyone they don't have them either but I see she fixed the error now. Wish people would actually research the diapers before posting negative comments about these diapers especially ones that aren't true.

Anyway, still waiting to hear about mine being shipped, it's only been 6 days from today so not too worried especially since they already apologized for the delay and gave me 10% off next order. That's a pretty good savings!! Anyone else get the coupon code for having to wait?

I got the coupon code too.

I agree, I do not know why people are so quick to be negative. And about ABU diapers with no standing leg cuffs...First, they have always had them, I have Three of the First super dry kids diapers with the four tapes and they have standing leg cuffs as do the Cushies. I really do not know how some people can write a comparison/review of diapers they have never tried. I personally would like to thank ABU for giving us what we wanted, I love them!!!! I think they are very good diapers and they are so cute. Every new produce is going to have ignorant people making assumptions, but please do not review something that you personally have not tried.

• Like 1

^ Chill out - I did not "review" them - I simply made a chart to point out prices and "main" features that had a typo from when I was dragging down on the excel chart...I admitted the mistake and corrected it. Anyways, I have tried the Super Dry Kids which ABU stated themselves the Cushies are basically the same in regards to features and absorbency (not design) so its easy to gleam facts from their own site which is where the chart data is compiled from. So, relax - I made a mistake on the chart and corrected it awhile ago.

• Like 1
Guest MunchKitten

I hit the shipping delas (I ordered on the 11th, shipped the 17th) should be here saturday or monday), but I still got the discount. Granted I ordered bambinos on the 15th, came the 18th. oh well.

I hit the shipping delas (I ordered on the 11th, shipped the 17th) should be here saturday or monday), but I still got the discount. Granted I ordered bambinos on the 15th, came the 18th. oh well.

Did you order a case or a bag? I ordered a bag on the 10th and I don't even have a tracking number yet...

I just did a sample bag.

looks like I spoke too soon. I just got my order today. The fedex man came while I was sleeping this morning.

Wooooo Hooooo!!!

These are pretty nice...