LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Molicare Super Plus Review

I LIKE NAPPIES! And in my ever eventful quest to find the best I decided to try Molicares :D.

Molicarepack.jpg

The Pack!

I've heard a lot about these on the old web for many years now, and have always been curious to try them. Well I got that chance, Home :: Dorset Nursing Supplies sells them here in the UK, for £15.94 (inc VAT) for a 14 pack. Not the cheapest but well you get what you pay for. Dorset Nursing weren't as discreet as I'd like them to be, the single 14 pack was sent in a box with markings for vinyl blue powder free gloves. Would have been better plain, but they are probably used to dealing with larger orders.

Fit

Molicaretapes.jpg

The bottom tape is double the size, improving the grip.

Frontpadmolicare.jpg

No landing zone, makes repostioning a pain.

One word, Good :P. These have tapes very similar to abena x-pluses, same position, and double tapes for repositioning. The tapes are a little stronger as well. The bottom one is double the width of the top one, a good idea and allows you to get a tighter fit round the thighs, with less chance of them pinging off. I prefer the position of these tapes over the cuddlz/tena ones, it just seems to fit better, and the leg tapes go along way to stopping the droop. Its a shame they can't be repositioned easily, the tapes would rip the plastic as soon as they're stuck on. The plastic backing of the nappy also contributes to the good fit, it doesn't stretch very much at all, in contrast to x-pluses which need to be re-taped after an hour or two. One thing it does lack is any kind of elastic round the waist, front and back. For me this isn't much of a problem since I tend to tape the top tight, but others may not like this.

Absorbency

Molicaresideon.jpg

Maybe a little less thicker then an abena, but still just as thirsty.

Again, these are right up there with abenas and cuddlz, they just soak and soak :D. They are also very good at wicking so the back gets wet before you'll leak. They're as thick as any of the other leading brands as well, which is always a plus in my book. Not very discreet through. They held up past 3 heavy wettings on a beer drinking session, anything more that is asking too much of any nappy really.

Look

MolicareFolded.jpg

Mmmm purple.... :eek:

Molicarelaidout.jpg

I have had a few bits of extra material on the ones I've got, it does pull off easy through.....

Purple, not just any purple, but a really girly light purple :X. It is a novelty to have a nappy that isn't white, and I don't mind it too much, I just wish it could be darker (like my soul). The markings aren't too bad, I've seen worse, the main printing being double lines and some kind of tree? The only medical writing also forms the wetness indicator, and soon disappears after a soaking or two. The nappy looks pretty babyish in the way it hangs off the bum, and puffs out at the front, and since it doesn't stretch it still looks good after a few hours. The plastic is nice and thick, but still soft, certainly thicker then abenas, or any other brand for that matter. This does make them a little less noisy to my ears.

Overall

These are probably the best nappy I've tried, not by a large margin, but none of the nappies at the premium level are separated by much. The purple still irks me through, if they were white I'd jump over to them from my usual brand (abenas) straight away. Still, as long as you don't look at them too much they're great. Soft, thick, and comfy, what else do you need?