LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Totemic Animals

Snugglebug

How do people here relate to their animal of choice? For many, I imagine a babyfur persona is just an incredible cute and cuddly persona to adopt. I know for some furs though, it's as if they relate to being that animal more than they do to being human, almost as though they were born the wrong species.

But beyond taking on anthromorphic personas, do you relate to your animal of choice in other ways? What does that animal represent to you? Is your animal representative of aspects of yourself? Do you perhaps even profess a spiritual belief related to your animal?

For me, the concept of "totem," is a symbolic construct serving as a powerful metaphor for aspects of one's inner world. The use of totems is like writing poetry, as opposed to prose, to describe one's spirit. I'll probably be blogging about my own totemic animal shortly. I'm just curious to hear your thoughts on the topic.

It's a bit tricky to use alternative definitions for established words... Totems tend to have more of a religious or otherwise spiritual significance... I think my personal fascination with canids and canid-like creatures stems from my ancestors' reverence for them... The wolf, fox, coyote, dog, etc. were considered our brothers and sisters... Some of that may be linked to genetics or something, as I was unfortunately raised by white people, and thus have become somewhat disconnected with my own people... Or it could stem from the fact that we've always had dogs and live in proximity to coyotes and often see them when working ground and whatnot (they've learned that the tractors and combines often scare rabbits and field mice out of the fields, or occasionally run them over [either way, it's an easy meal]). And really, a canine is a canine, with only superficial differences... After all, dogs are nothing more than mutant wolves... I typically chose the more coyoteish aspects to represent me, as I do share some similarities to the coyote: I'm smart (above average IQ, actually), adaptive, and not really a people person (though I will work with others if I need to [probly not unlike the coyote/badger partnerships])...

It's a bit easier to explain my fascination with the thylacine, though... It's an interesting creature who evolved to resemble a canine with nearly a 180 degree jaw gape and has those nifty stripes... And their history isn't much unlike my people's... The Europeans came to their land and wiped them out... So, there's something of the kindred spirit, there... Plus, I've always had a fascination with Australia...

And, as for the Thing aspect... That's just pure fandom, there... The Thing is probly as close to perfection as biology will allow for... It can reorder its own genetics to adapt to whatever situation it finds itself in. And, unless one comes up against someone with a flamethrower or heavy-duty plasma or energy weapon, it's practically immortal. Things don't chase people down dark corridors, or lay eggs in people's stomachs, or hunt people down with high-tech gadgets... No, they're a lot slicker than that. They secretly assimilate a person's best friend and use that disguise to get close enough to assimilate the person, and everyone those people encounter and their pets, and so on and so on until the entire ecosystem is assimilated. And heaven help the poor fool who makes the mistake of attacking or otherwise pissing-off a Thing, as it has the arsonal of countless species to draw upon and very rarely settles for just one...

• 2 weeks later...

guess mine would be the dragon i wear on my arm

to me it mean a land where you are fre to be you as long as you do not cause harm to others.

you are free to love who you want and no one makes a judgement call about it as long as age right

free to wear what you like

free to use what ever bathroom you wish even if it is pants or diapers

free to ride which ever bike you want and ne one puts youy down even it if it is a honda :)

guess mine would be the dragon i wear on my arm

to me it mean a land where you are fre to be you as long as you do not cause harm to others.

you are free to love who you want and no one makes a judgement call about it as long as age right

free to wear what you like

free to use what ever bathroom you wish even if it is pants or diapers

free to ride which ever bike you want and ne one puts youy down even it if it is a honda :)

So the dragon symbolizes freedom for you?

I think the thing that has always fascinated me about bats was people's fear of them. They're such cute, gentle creatures, that would never hurt a fly. (Oops! *snickers*) Peoples states of mind have always been very humorous to me.

Another side to my bat fascination lies in their flight ability. They are the only mammal that can fly, and that's very interesting. I love the idea of being able to fly away to some distant location, not having to worry about the things happening around you.

Finally, a lot of my affinity with bats came from my favorite author in the Furry Fandom. Alex Reynard, author of Bartleby's Descent ( http://www.yiffstar.com/?pid=8193 ) is an amazing writer. It is my personal belief that he can write any subject in such a way that relates to just about any reader. Some of the things he has written about would normally repulse me, but the way he lays it out is so comforting and natural. He's even made snuff into a beautiful story.

~~I ramble.

-Princess

I think the thing that has always fascinated me about bats was people's fear of them. They're such cute, gentle creatures, that would never hurt a fly. (Oops! *snickers*) Peoples states of mind have always been very humorous to me.

~~I ramble.

-Princess

Please, ramble away! 'Tis a good rambling! *grin*

As for the bats, yes, they do present an excellent opportunity in the study of phobias. Heck, the whole concept of 'Batman' is based around that. Actually, the parallel is quite interesting: feared, yet beneficial. Could use more bats around here; too many damn mosquitoes and black flies. <_<

So the fox is a highly appropriate metaphor for you or do you feel as though you are... not as human as your body would suggest?

*pounces and licks* ya know... I'm not entirely sure about that one. I am content with simply being a furry, but I think things would be a lot different if I was an actual fox. I can feel and see the fox spirit within me, and I wonder how it would be to live outside of all this civilization with the physical capabilities of a fox. I mean, I do have better hearing than most people, but nothing beyond the peaks of human hearing. Humans' sense of hearing and smell are just awful. To suddenly have a fox's senses and physical abilities would be amazing. The fur would be quite pleasing as well. And the bushy tail..... That would just be lovely. But you must understand that how humans live and how foxes live are completely different. They have their own way of living and their own society. However, they also share many similarities with humans...at least honorable humans. Foxes care deeply for their families and their offspring, and are willing to die for their children... Many humans don't give a damn. I could go on here, but I don't have the time right now.