LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Homemade Baby Food Recipes

Codymoogle

On a similar note/follow-up to my other topic with another ridiculously long name (I think I'm famous for those)...

So I'm getting a shiny new food processor! (Should be at my house some time next week! :D) Therefore, I demand to know - what do you guys and girlies like to puree? Any favorite baby food meals? I've been looking up new recipes to try, and always welcome new tastes! What foods do you think would make a good baby food? I'm looking for purees only this time - from drinkable to thick and lumpy. Vegetarian and vegan baby food suggestions are also welcome and appreciated.

Here's some ideas so far that I've come up with on my own or read online:

• Oatmeal + any fruit
  • Pasta + chicken + veggies + broth
  • Seafood + veggies + cheese
  • Pasta + cheese
  • Yogurt + mostly any fruit + cottage cheese
  • Avocado + cottage cheese
  • Potato (sweet or white) + chicken or turkey + spinach, green beans, or peas
  • Potato (sweet or white) + cheese
  • Barley + beans + broccoli
  • Broth + veggies
  • Avocado + yogurt + berries
  • Cottage cheese + any fruit
  • Milk or soy/almond milk + dry cereal (pureed until mushy)
  • Beans + asparagus + cheese + dried cranberry
  • Avocado + peach + yogurt
  • Zucchini + carrot + cheese
  • Pumpkin + banana
  • Pumpkin + apple

There's loads more that I've found, but I'd like to hear everyone else's input.

~ moogle

I've never thought about making my own at home baby food...This sounds really intresting. Maybe I should make some of these for myself. Are there any exact measurements for the ingredients Moogle?

The Angel of Hope,

Alice

i must say.....anything and everthing...both togher and in lil piles of indervidual things.....

i ove making my own foods!!

lots of fruits too, just cook them up a lil and then blendso them....

i fed our son everything we ate just pureed it was never a fuss...

the problem is that it is endless what you can do...and i would be here all night typeing ideas!!

**hugs moog*

juniper

xxx

I've never thought about making my own at home baby food...This sounds really intresting. Maybe I should make some of these for myself. Are there any exact measurements for the ingredients Moogle?

The Angel of Hope,

Alice

No, Alice - There ARE loads of baby food recipes online, from starter purees to toddler finger foods (here's a site to start out your search), but I've found the baby/toddler portions aren't always adequate for those of us that need more calories, plus everyone has different caloric needs - so what might be enough for me, might not be enough for you, etc. Furthermore, the ingredients really are suited "to taste" - example, I LOVE avacado. Others may not love avacado so much, so in a recipe that I think tastes good with 1/2 an avacado, others might prefer it with 1/4 avacado, instead. When making your own baby food, YOU'RE in control of how much of this, that, and the other thing you put in, NOT me, Gerber, Heinz, or anyone else (unless your Mommy or Daddy makes it for you but that's another story entirely)! This is why I didn't list measurements in my ideas.

I think you should try out making your own baby food - I've done it before with a manual potato masher, but I'm excited for my food processor. When making your own, you can also choose how smooth, chunky, thin, or thick you like it - again, YOU are in control!

Hope I helped!

~ moogle

lets just say if your going to be eating home made baby food all the time. make sure you keep it a little lumpy, so your tummy can work it down. or it will past up in side of you and cause you to have diarrhea. as your tummy needs to work on the food.

the types i like to eat are based off gerber. but have less fat in it. I love taking chicken, and sweat potatos. and blending it up. and i love taking all my greens. like peas, string beans, grean beans, asparigus, and blending it all up. to make what my wife calls. the evil baby. food as it has a bitter tast. like some real baby foods. and when i eat alot of it. lol turns my poop green. its my alien poop.lol. everything i eat now is baby food style. for breakfest today. i had scrabbled eggs, with bacon, and homefries all blended up. and served with little bits off cut buttered toast. as my finger food. and to top it all off a bottle of home made baby formaula. witch is mostly milk, with low amount of baby formaula powder to give it that baby formaula tast i so much love.

also a very good thing to eat. is take a meatloaf, with mashpotatos and blend it up till its a little lumpy and add gravy to it. o i likes it very much.

alot of our baby food are things like spaggetti bolagnase, and chicken cassorll(<<sp) and any other meal just blended up.....

do rember that it is ok to add herbs and spices too, baby foods often have these in now.....

for texture pasta either chopped ar you can buy tiny pasta pices or, rice and split lentals...things like that all good....

i used to love mash potato with backed beans...all mixed up...somtimes with some sweede or somthing like that..mmmm..unfortunatly i am now highly allergic to backed beans, damn heinz for changing the resipe!!...(good epipen!!)

hugs

juniper

xxx