LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Attends Extended Wear

Guest diapered67

Guest diapered67

Well today I recieved a box from XPMEDICAL... have to ask the question when did the Attends diapers become Orange? Guess next time when I order I will pay attention. No biggy on the color, I will still need to wear them... A diaper is a diaper....

post-15059-12572170647298_thumb.jpg

post-15059-12572170742104_thumb.jpg

post-15059-12572170647298_thumb.jpg

post-15059-12572170742104_thumb.jpg

IDK what the deal is with these diaper manufacturers.

You would think they they would finally realize that we are in fact part of their market share.

They know most of us want plain white, crinkly and no "cloth cover"

If we were their target consumer, they would make them that way.

But then again, without sounding insensitive,

An older person in the nursing home may not care what their diaper is like.

So honestly, it makes no sense to me.

Last I knew they are great on holding, etc. so you still made a good purchase :)

One day, I purchased a WHOLE BOX of the old skool Attends. You know, the highly coveted and desirable original oldies from back in tha day, that ABs would drool over even back then. Thick, white, "crinkly", with that "smooth plastic" outer cover. The types that wuz made before 1993, by none other than P&G its self. And these weren't tri-folds either. No sire! They wuz just like an adult sized Pampers. I threw 'em all in the dumpster 'cause I didn't like the micropore plastic liner :roflmao: .

Man, it never ceases to amaze me how people can shell out so dang much for that those nasty things! But honestly; $200.00 for a bag of 10 old "briefs" that were never worth buying, even when they were cheap?

Honeywell6180

WTF. I'm wearing an attends extended wear right now size large. I love them for so many reasons but now that they're orange I have to say WTF! I finally found a diaper I really like and now it's orange. I think this diaper is one of the more absorbant babyish diapers that really hasn't come out in the ab/dl community. It's so soft, thick and fluffy and feels like I am wearing thick white training pants since there really isn't any color on it, just plain white with a wetness indicator.

HMMMM, now I'll have to reconsider buying them again. Dang!

So, have you bought these before diapered67 and what'd you like about them?

Square_duck, I actually posted a comparison about a week or two ago on one of the threads. The extended wear is a much, much different diaper than the other attends. It compared in almost every aspect to the bambino and abena that I compared it to except it was cloth covered and didn't have the stand up leg guards inside. Don't dis it til ya try it. The attends I have purchased in the past always leaked around the back of my leg, I hated them for so long but gave them another try recently and have been very satisfied. I'd call the extended wear more there "premium" diaper. Very thick and absorbant. I'll try and find the thread. Last time I checked, xpmedical hadn't updated any of there diaper test in years and a lot of the diapers have changed since then. These aren't just your ordinary attends, I assure you, but a lot of people think so.

Here's the link to the thread, or just read what I wrote below. Thread was comparing softness of a diaper originally.

Attends, Bambino, Abena Comparison

I have all three diapers here in front of me so I will do a comparison between these:

Abena X-plus

Attends Extended Wear

Bambino

They are all Large and when measured in thickness, all were about 2" high when folded and all the same length when folded and unfolded. The Abena was about an inch wider in the crotch when folded but after opening them all up, they are all the same width in the crotch too. So for this length x width x height are pretty much equal in all diapers here. The overall dimensions of the outer cover are all the same or very close.

Abena X-plus:

Plastic cover

1 waistband in back

Stand up inner guards

4 tapes double for a second refastening

Tape Position: 2.25" first tape from top, 1.5" second tape from bottom, 10.75" total width of wing. Tape width 1.125". Space between top and bottom tape 7"

Diaper shape is hour glass

Pad shape is rounded in the wings

Pad dimensions: Pad at widest spot (since it's rounded) is 13.5" front, 14.5" back, 7" crotch, 31" length.

Attends Extended Wear:

Cloth cover - Breathable side panels

No waistbands

No stand up inner guards

4 tapes, Velcro for unlimited refastening

Tape Position: 2.5" first tape from top, 1.5" second tape from bottom, 10.25" total width of wing. Tape width is 1.375". Space between top and bottom tape 6"

Diaper shape is hourglass in back, I shape in front

Pad Shape is I

Pad dimensions: Pad is 15" front, 15" back, 7-8" crotch, 31.5" length.

Bambino:

Plastic Cover

2 waistbands

Stand up inner guards

4 tapes with landing zone on front of diaper for multiple refastening

Tape Position: 2" first tape from top, 4" second tape from bottom , 10.5" total width of wing. Tape width is 1.125". Space between top and bottom tape 4.25"

Diaper shape is hourglass

Pad Shape is more square up front and rounded in back

Pad dimensions: Pad is 12" front, 15.5" back, 7" crotch, 31.5" length.

As you can see they are all comparable as far as dimensions but the only dimension that seemed way off was the bambino's tapes. For me, the bottom tape is up way too high. I am guessing this is so it can hit the retape zone on the diaper. However, for me, my other diapers I tape as low as I can go and there is no refastening zone there on the bambino's so it doesn't really help that much.

Also, everyone has different preferences as far as diapers but I really don't refasten that often so it's not a big deal to me. I do like waistbands as they fit snugger however, I often am wearing jeans or something over the diaper that holds it in place anyway. I think because of the tapes position on the bambino is the reason they don't fit me very well. I have large thighs so that may be a factor. I don't see a need to even put the tape up that high and still have 4 inches side panel hanging below it, 2.5 inches more than the others, why? I do not see how this taping system is far superior. Velcro = unlimited retape without losing stickiness so this is probably the best tape system but many don't like the cloth cover. So for plastic diapers abena's can refasten a second time because of the double tapes. Bambino's can refasten several times but only as long as the stickiness last AND you have to put it on the landing zone for this to work or you will tear the diaper right away if you readjust outside the zone. With that you are the most limited on where you can put the tapes on the bambino's out of these three diapers which in my case, limits how I can get the diaper to fit properly. In my case, I don't see how Bambino is far superior in diaper tapes.

As far as what Adrian said:

d_drew12: You may want to reconsider what you just said as a lot of it is untrue and been proven all over these boards.

First, the Bambino and Abena are COMPLETELY different - Bambinos have both front and back waistband which is a huge feature a lot of people like which Abena only has a back. Bambinos are slightly more absorbent than Abena but not enough to really tell a difference. Abena are bulkier (which certain people like) because they use more pulp instead of polymer which makes it bulkier. The fit of the Abena is a different cut than the Bambino also which is why some people prefer one over the other because they are cut differently. Its just a matter of which one fits you better and you prefer in those terms. Bambinos taping system has long been established as have many others to be way superior then Abenas. Abenas taping system is like the biggest complaint of the diaper. Bambinos can be retaped tons of times while Abena usually only lasts a few and you have to place it just right or you rip the diapers front area.

As far as a softness comparison - yeh I mean most diapers are pretty similar in that area but obviously people's opinions are going to differ based on their touch and experience. Bambino has a quilted inside liner and to me is softer than any other but its just because I pay attention to it because I wear 24/7.

Also, I assure you that both the Abena and Bambino hold WAY more than the Attends extended wear.

I would definitely not say the abena and bambino are completely different, they are somewhat different but a lot of what was said here seems like opinion and not fact. True bambino has two waistbands, some care, some don't, preference. I would say they are similar in absorbency, your opinion of bambino being more seems bias. It depends on a lot of things aside from ounces of urine. Where you pee in the diaper, flood or trickle, the fit of the diaper, how you sit, stand, will all affect how long you can go before a change. Since they are so close in thickness and seem to go about the same length for me, I'll say they're close to the same or not enough to notice as you don't really know how much urine you’re putting into a diaper all the time. I agree, there seems a little more bulk in the abena's but it looks like they put more padding into the crotch than the bambino than the other two. Also, not sure if it's fact or your opinion on the pulp to polymer ratio of these diapers, I don't know so I won't say. The cut of the abena and bambino are almost identical, hardly a difference to notice. I even put them on top of each other, and checked various areas and about the only difference was where the front wing cuts into the crotch the abena is more of a straight line and the bambino is curved a little more. When I say little I mean little 1/2" at its greatest spot otherwise, all other dimensions are almost identicle.

Checking the softness again, they are all pretty much the same but the attends is maybe a touch less soft, the other two are too close to call.

As far as the attends extended wear, they are not just the basic attends. These are probably their most absorbent diaper. I think you may be confused with a different attends but search this one. They are only available in M, L so I don’t know if you've tried these. I don't know how you can have an opinion on these never having worn them if that's the case. It's comparable to these other two, just cloth covered and no leg guards but it does have breathable side panels. If you get them on sale like overstock.com or drugstore.com, they cost the same or less than the other two.

• Like 1
Guest diapered67

WTF. I'm wearing an attends extended wear right now size large. I love them for so many reasons but now that they're orange I have to say WTF! I finally found a diaper I really like and now it's orange. I think this diaper is one of the more absorbant babyish diapers that really hasn't come out in the ab/dl community. It's so soft, thick and fluffy and feels like I am wearing thick white training pants since there really isn't any color on it, just plain white with a wetness indicator.

HMMMM, now I'll have to reconsider buying them again. Dang!

So, have you bought these before diapered67 and what'd you like about them?

I have bought them before and the diapers where white at that point in time. Again I will have to go check out the xpmedical website and ensure that maybe i just purchased the wrong diapers... maybe there are extended wear diapers that are white.

Diapered

Hey diapered 67, noticed you have all three of the diapers I compared in the pictures you have posted. What drew you to the attends or what do you like about them? I wish the attends had the inner leg guards but I like how they are more easily concealed and quieter to wear. I would say the absorbancy is pretty close to that of the bambino and abena. Maybe 80-90% there.

Guest diapered67

Hey diapered 67, noticed you have all three of the diapers I compared in the pictures you have posted. What drew you to the attends or what do you like about them? I wish the attends had the inner leg guards but I like how they are more easily concealed and quieter to wear. I would say the absorbancy is pretty close to that of the bambino and abena. Maybe 80-90% there.

I like the crinkle sound of the diaper.... usually wear attends during the day. However you have a good point though. Attends extended wear are easily concealed and they do absorb quiet a bit.