LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Horid Abena X-Plus Air-Plus Experiences!

I love Abena X-Plus with the regular plastic backing. I use them day in and out as my standard along with Molicares when I need a little more movement and less bulk. I by accident ordered X-Plus Air-Plus and decided to keep them and give them a try. NEVER AGAIN!!! I can't get the tapes to stick worth anything and this is important since I wear my diaper quite tight. The tapes also break free from the anchors. They feel soggy when wet, even though they aren't... they just don't feel as secure as the plastic backing. After this and previous experiences with "cloth-like" backing I can NEVER go back to anything besides plastic! The snags, the tapes not sticking, the "yucky" feeling. Nope. Anyone else have experience like this or did I just get a bad batch? Are all "cloth-like" like this? If so why even make them!?! (OK different tastes, but still!)

I've recently had a similar experience - I'm in away from home in France at the moment so, needing more nappies, I found the local medical supply shop (much easier in France than England), saw that they had the complete abena range, thought I'd died and gone to heaven, and picked up two packs of x plus, only to find, when I opened the pack that they were the cloth backed variety. Oh well, give them a go I thought - trying to take them back and exchange them would be complicated especially as my French is rather limited. And yes, I had the same experience - they just don't stay dry on the outside. The only way I've found them to be completely dependent is to wear plastic pants on top, which is what I've started doing - but that rather defeats the point of the cloth-like cover! OTOH, I have found that the tapes were pretty amazing - much more stable than on abena's plastic backed diapers. But ... it's plastic backed for me every time from now on ...

I used the X-Plus Air Plus as well. Across the entire Abena X-plus line, I do not like the tapes... they fasten once then either come off when you move against them (bending over, etc.), or they rip the plastic off where they were attached. The absorbency, fit, and usability of the Abena brand make up for it so I just compensate with some mailing tape if I am going to be out and about. The air plus line advertizes that it lets your skin breathe, but if you are a heavy wetter you will also notice that you get wet spots on your clothes right where your urine comes out, then more at stretch points. I am back to the classic style x-plus from xpmedical.com, and trying to migrate into cloth diapers.

I used the X-Plus Air Plus as well. Across the entire Abena X-plus line, I do not like the tapes... they fasten once then either come off when you move against them (bending over, etc.), or they rip the plastic off where they were attached. The absorbency, fit, and usability of the Abena brand make up for it so I just compensate with some mailing tape if I am going to be out and about. The air plus line advertizes that it lets your skin breathe, but if you are a heavy wetter you will also notice that you get wet spots on your clothes right where your urine comes out, then more at stretch points. I am back to the classic style x-plus from xpmedical.com, and trying to migrate into cloth diapers.

i always suspected that they would make wet spots as this is what happens with baby ones, if not wet they hold a smell to the clothes wich no smell godd after a while...it seems every chenge, even if not too wet, requierd clothes change too!

i have never had a problem with the tapes, although i know alot of peple do, the only thing i can think it might be is that i wipe the area were the tapes gonna stick with a dry cloth as i often get cream on the front from my hand (they alwalways have a light cover of cream and that stops it sticking)also i spend a while rubbing the tape down the warmth helps it stick

hugs

juniper

xxx

I've had pretty good experiences with REGULAR Abena X-Plus tapes. About 8-9 times of 10 no problems. If I do the tapes in this pattern >< I'm usually good. One thing I use as a quick fix substitute (found out at the office one day by accident in a pinch... works pretty well!) is plastic packing tape. Also to make the takes work best, you have to make sure everything is oil free (skin oil too!) and minimize touching the plastic. OK my $0.02