LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Orbitz Commercial

zoe

Not sure if anybody has noticed this, but I sure did. During an Orbitz episode, when 4 guys are playing golf and 3 get rebate checks back from Orbitz, the one guy on the end is wearing a shirt with the HRC Equality Logo on it. Anybody else notice this? I'm not gay, just a supporter, but now I want to support Orbitz. I guess if Southwest goes out of business and I need to go elsewhere for airfare...

It's an advertising technique. And I wouldn't say they support they gay community unless they actually do something outside of their advertising.

The gay community will likely notice the logo, and feel as you do. The straight community won't even realize what it is.

In the grand scheme of things, Orbitz won't do a pro-gay advert, in mainstream media. But if you hit any of the magazines targeted towards the gay community, you'll notice they are a madhouse of advertisers.

Why? Because the gay community typically has more disposible income than the hetero community. Men earn more than women, and there are two in the household. Add to that they often don't have children and the result is a higher degree of disposible income.

That's why companies love them... but most often in media channels outside the mainstream.

It's not about Orbitz supporting the gay community. It's about suckering people into using their service without having to take a strong political stance that could endanger their business.

-Brutal

PS. I use whoever offers the best deal (not just price but service)

It's not about Orbitz supporting the gay community. It's about suckering people into using their service without having to take a strong political stance that could endanger their business.

What, you mean like this one? If that's not a political hot potato, I don't know what is...

I admit I certainly didn't realise that the logo was there, much less what it signified but Orbitz is developing a habit for publicly supporting political causes...

• 2 weeks later...

What, you mean like this one? If that's not a political hot potato, I don't know what is...

I admit I certainly didn't realise that the logo was there, much less what it signified but Orbitz is developing a habit for publicly supporting political causes...

You know that article is about ending the TRAVEL BAN not the embargo. Orbitz is a travel agency... they sell vacations and trips and hotels.

The only reason they are getting involved in that is because they stand to PROFIT greatly by CUBA being open to US travellers. It's not that they give a shit about the embargo, it's about trying to open up another market for themselves. It's definitely done in self interest. Whether or not the travel restrictions are lifted it doesn't matter.

What most Americans don't understand is that the travel ban isn't just on the US side. In order to get a VISA to Cuba you need to have the Cuban gov't the name of a sponsor/family member in Cuba otherwise you can't come in. Meaning that even if the USA lifted the travel policy CUBA would have to allow for it as well.

However, I don't think CUBA would mind the extra income entering their nation. If the ban is ever lifted, I am going there as soon as possible. There is so much history there. And it's largely unspoiled from what I hear from those who have been there.

-Brutal

• 3 months later...