LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First Leaks :(

Had my first couple of leaky nappies last night / this morning....but I think I know why.

I changed last evening my laying my nappy on the side of the bed and sitting "in" it, and then taping it up. Did this, pottered about, then lay in bed and watched some telly. During this, need to pee, did and leaked :( Nappy wasn't particularly full already so wasn't "flooded". It leaked out near the back of my thighs - not a lot but a leak is a leak :(

Put this down to bad luck, changed (in the same manner) and went to bed. Woke up at 3ish needing a nature call, peed, and the same thing happened, a leak in the same place......a pattern was forming!

Had a "middle of the night" change (HATE that!) using the more normal "lay down" method and went back to sleep.

Woke again early morning, peed and back to sleep. Woke up properly at the normal time, flooded the nappy and no leak :thumbsup:

Sooooo......

Am guessing the "sit down" is a no no! I think there must be something about the sit down thing that "folds" the nappy in a not-very-good way, which lying down doesn't do.

Will stick to the normal way from now on ;)

I like the lay down method anyway. More like when I got my diaper changed! But when I lay down and pee it always leaks at the top...

Laying down is the best way definitely. And if your little buddy is pointing down then you should be able to wet laying down without leaking. Fit is everything, of course. After I diaper up I stand up and tug up on it to make sure it wraps around my bottom with a snug fit.

I can do they anyway since I have worn so many. When you have th wear day in day out and end up wet you have to change where ever you can. Thats why i think those post from members wanting to have no control would later change their mind!

But each to his own.

Laying down is easyest by far whan at home. During the day I point up, but at night point down since I sleep on the belly.

This wicks better at least for me

I used to change laying down, but have found that if you change standing up, you can usually get a better fit.

I have also recently discovered that if you fold the diaper in half lenghtways this causes the leakguards in the diaper to stand up before you tape it up.

Also when you tape up on a two tape diaper, do the bottom tapes first, taping them in a downwards fashion so the tape pulls the diaper into a round shape matching youre leg, then do the top tapes.

I have found that this method usually gets the diaped to be a better fit around the legs and a tighter fit on youre

waist.

This info came from my incontinence nurse and has improved the fit and the effectivness of my diapers.- John.

i can only go laying down, have no idea why but cant go any other way............

xxx

That is strange that you have to lay down as most of the time when I get up is when my pee hits bottom and wants out.

But if I have to pee and wait long enough I will pee ready or not.If having sex or masturbating and climax I will pee if I have any pee at all in me.