LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Have You Told Anyone?

After telling my girlfriend I wear diapers, and not having the outcome I wanted, I was wondering how everyone out there has told their lover/sig. other/friend/family member/etc. about their diapers. Also, how did it go?

I guess I'll tell you how mine went. I had already told my girlfriend that I like to dress as a girl. She didn't take it well but was trying to be supportive. Then, I e-mailed her one day. I told her I had one other thing to tell her, and included a link to one of the diaper sites (I think it was www.infantilism.org).

She didn't take it well, but she didn't take it bad either. She tried to be supportive, going to another diaper site for sig. others of AB/DLs. But, she didn't break up with me. So that part is good. She doesn't talk about it at all, unless I bring it up, then she'll talk a little. She says that she will not have any part of it.

So, if you have told someone, or had somebody tell you they wear diapers, please tell me how the reaction went, and how you told / were told. If you're about to tell someone, please let us know that to! I'm sure we'd all be interested in how it goes!

I told my good friend Misha, somewhat hoping she would be into them. She wasnt however but was really understanding and never really thought me weird or insane or anything. She was always eager to have me show her something about it or to explain things about it. She was really cool about my fetish. I just couldnt bring myself to wear when she could see me in a diaper, seeing as she might have gotten a little freaked out.

I tended to show off my pacifier right when meeting a ptotential girlfriend. Why bother putting any emotion in to a person if they're going to be grossed out by my behavior? Usually, if they can handle the pacifier, and my stuffed wolf, they'll tolerate the rest.

I've told my fiance. She barely even had a reaction at all. Doesn't bother her the least bit.

She even put one on for me. She hated it, probably won't do it again, but the fact that she tried for me means a LOT!

This is another interesting topic. This is such a great place to come to discuss these sort of things.

As a bedwetter I have often found the issue of deciding to tell people to be a large burden.

I myself have always thought it important to tell the significant partner such as girlfriends about it in the past. Only when things have become a little more serious than a few dates and laugh over a beer. I have always been a little more reserved in that regard. I have thought it better to work out if I am serious about the person before deciding if I would tell the person everything about myself. I guess it is like there is a bit of luggage that we carry around with ourselves that we dont always need to share immediately with even our best friends and girl friends. Take for example that you might have a parent that has a problem with drinking or gambling or the like. Well from my perspective that is a rather personal issue that a person is dealing with within their family. I would not expect that even my closest friends or girlfriends would want to share that immediately with me.

At the end of the day for most of us diapers or being an AB is a fetish rather than being an all-consuming way of life. Most of us are balanced people with a wide range of interests, wearing diapers or acting like a baby is an important thing, but there is a whole lot more to our lives. To this end, I have always thought it important to not to spring this on anyone until they have had a chance to see the whole of me.

On the topic of telling others, I also think it is important to keep boundries in my life. By this I mean, there is no reason why I need to share with all of my friends the fact that I like to wear nappies. At the end of the day, I just do not see any point in this. As much as I am sure it would not alter my friendships, I have no idea what kinky things they get up to in the privacy of their bedrooms, and I really have no interest.

On the topic of telling parents. This is one that I do have a strong opinion on. That is why tell them at all. Our parents worked hard to get us out of nappies as babies. I cant see how they could understand a desire to wear them as adults. I really think that if you tell your parents, you run the risk that it will erode the respect that they have for you as an adult. Perhaps I have always felt more secure within myself and have never really craved parental acceptance of any aspect of my life, but I always had the sense that they would be supportive of me as an adult. I think putting this fetish onto your parents is not really a very adult way of dealing with it in your life. Imagine how you would feel if you discovered your parents kinky fetishes? Imagine your parents sitting you down over a cup of tea and telling you that they were into a fetish like BDSM? I just cant see how telling parents about these things would improve your relationship with them.

I hate to sound like a selfish person, but before I tell anyone about this stuff, I always ask myself the question what is in it for me? Am I hoping to acheive something for myself? Perhaps some sort of comfort and understanding? Perhaps a willing participant?

When I am done asking if there is anything in it for me, I always ask myself what the other person gets out of it. Is it something they really need to know because I hope to form a lasting relationship with them and they really need to know?

When you look at things in that way, there seems to more selfish reasons for telling others than reasons in that persons interest.

Sorry to rant on, but this is one of the constant topics in the ABDL world that I find interesting to follow what other people think.

OK, I admit. I should have told her in person. I don't think the name of the link was an issue, just what it was talking about. I figured it was better to let her gave time to get her thoughts together, but now that I think about it, maybe she would have tried to understand it a little more before deciding that she hated it.

So, is there anybody else out there that have told somebody that wants to share their story? Maybe those who got caught and didn't want to be caught can share.

A few days ago I left my pacifier in my pants and washed and dryed them. Well, I wasn't home to take the clothes out of the dryer, and my roommate's maid went to do the laundry and took out the clothes, and out fell the pacifier. She placed it on top of the dryer. Nobody has told me anything about the pacafier, so let's hope the made didn't say anything.

I also left the bottle of Baby Powder out on my chair in my room. My roommate came in to talk to me, I'm sure she noticed it. Man, am I getting sloppy.

:horse: I agree with Dan here - better to tell a potential partner before getting too deep in a relationship so that both have the chance to back out before anyone gets hurt big time. If the 'partner' freaks you've lost nothing, if they accept it as an indication of your sincerity about the future, then life looks good!

I have had different reaction when telling a few people that I wear nappies. I'm open and honest about it, but I don't 'push' it. I only tell them on a 'need to know' basis! My family, parents and relatives have no idea. Indeed I may be very fortunate in that I am not an AB, a sissy, gay or whatever, so I only have the 'I wear a nappy at night' hurdle to get over. Once this has been said and accepted I can then mention that I may stay in my nappy during the day when at home, etc. etc. Everyone needs time to get used to strange ideas, and it's only a kindness to give them time rather than let it all gush out....

No pun intended!!

Sandie :D

Dan makes good points, most people don't care about the dirtly little secrets in our life. Why bother them with it?

But there does come a time when someone asks, "whose diapers are those?" And over on the dresser are a stack of newly folded adult cloth diapers that haven't been put away. I just tell the truth, they're mine.

For those who have a hard time telling their new girlfriend or boyfriend, just leave the diapers out where they can be seen. Let the other person start the conversation when they are ready. You would be surprised. A lot of people will look at the diapers, realize you wear them, and then decide not to talk about it at all. They still accept you for who you were before they saw the diapers. It is no big deal. I know this because I have been doing this for the past year.

My experience is that someone who actually says something about the diapers has a hidden desire to wear them. I'm now thinking that the next time someone boldly asks I'll respond with, "they are my diapers, do you need one?"

It really is helpful to lighten up about wearing diapers. I wear cloth diapers with plastic pants when I'm going out for a long day (I'm still recuperating from a compound leg fracture). Today I rode into town with my mom to shop at Walmart. I know my diapers bulge under my coveralls, but it didn't bother me at all. Can you imagine someone walking up to me and saying, "are you wearing a diaper?" Once again, the only kind of person who would say something like that would be someone who had a link to wearing diapers. Nobody else really cares, and would rather not say anything.

Dan is right, we shouldn't be agressive about telling people about our diapers. But on the other hand, we have nothing to hide, either. Just go about a normal life and if someone asks, then give them what they ask for.