LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Meet A Furry

FretaBWet

Hi, I thought this would be the most appropriate place to post this. I have a female friend I met a while back and she is a part time furry. I'd never seen her in fur so to speak but she is quite open about being into it and is totally accepting of my being transgender. I met her boyfriend this past week who is more of a full time furry.

Maybe because I'm transgendered I have an advantage being able to understand where he is coming from. It's not a fetish in any sense although most average people probably think that due to ignorance. I understand that it is about identity not sex and I can accept that easily. I think of it as being much like parallel worlds where we share the same drive but different paths. I found him to be somewhat quiet but a very nice person.

The only difficulty I had to overcome in going out to eat was getting over my own issue of blending. Many trans people want to be able to just be average people and lead normal lives. We don't want to be recognized for being transgendered, we just want to be recognized for being whatever our chosen gender is. In my case I just want to be seen as maybe not the prettiest woman of the group, or maybe the tallest but a woman none the less. The problem with being this way is that the more someone examines you the higher the odds that they will begin to recognize you for being transgender. Because of this I know many transgender people that won't go out in public with other transgender people. One of us might just be on the tall side, two begins to attract attention and three or more is like a neon sign in their opinion. I do believe this to hold true to a certain extent but I don't conform to it.

Going out to eat with a furry does draw a lot of attention like it or not. Lets face it having your foxtail hanging out the back of your jeans down to your calves, furry leggings and paw shoes and a cap with fox ears is not exactly blending in with all the people. The unneeded attention drawn to me was not too uncomfortable and worth it to have met and spent time with him. I'm looking forward to doing other things with them.

Hugs,

Freta

Maybe the object is to be yourself and not to worry so much about blending in. If you are happy with who you are, then don't let other people staring at you bother you. I've gone to places like Red Lobster wearing a fox tail. Adults normally ignore it, but kids come up and play with it. They think it's pretty cool. I've been a furry for several years. I've discovered that I had been a fan of it for many years before discovering what furry is, and if there's one thing I have learned from being a furry, it's to just try to be who/what you want to be and be happy. If you lack confidence, then continue hanging out with people who dare to be different. Who shake the foundation a little bit. Many furries are down-to-earth people who are generally very nice. We just have our own forms of beliefs and what we want to be.

It's great that you've got some more friends. We can all use as many as we can get, y'know? Perhaps they may be able to help you get over your insecurities?

I've had some luck with fighting off my more reclusive nature to have fun with friends. Though being able to slink off into the background did help my Laser Tag scores... But it did beat sitting at home and not doing much. If only I had some friends who lived nearby, maybe I'd be able to do more of that spending time out with people thing...