LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone Use Rubber Pants?

I was thinking about getting these, https://www.myprotex.com/product.asp?pid=207

I have a pair of those, and they're quite a bit different from the rubber pants that most sites sell. These are molded rubber, so the material is slick like plastic pants, but "springy" like a rubber glove. More springy than normal rubber pants, in fact. They smell like rubber too. As a fetish item, I love them.

But as practical pants, they have a few problems. One is that they're cut fairly low and tight. I have a 29" waist and the medium size (30"-36" waist) are cut too tight for thick cloth diapers. Abena X-Plus will fit, but completely fills them out. The second problem is that the rubber elastic bands don't seal as well as the fabric elastics on plastic pants and normal rubber pants, so they don't stop leaks as well. Definitely not an overnight pant. I'm also slightly concerned with the durability, they seem like they might rip easier than plastic pants. I probably wouldn't have mention that, but since they're so expensive and have to stretch a bit to fit over big diapers, it is a bit of a concern...

Like I said, awesome as fetish pants, not so great as practical pants. I usually wear plastic pants instead...

For comparison, the rubber pants that most sites sell are like these pants. (I have a pair of those also) The material feels and smells like an eraser, soft and not slick at all. Some people don't like them because of that. I think they're more comfortable than plastic pants.

Myprotex.com is a great site, btw. I've ordered from them two or three times and had great service every time.

How are they? What are they like compared to plastic pants.

I was thinking about getting these, https://www.myprotex...uct.asp?pid=207

I have a couple different styles of rubber panties and I love them wub.gif One pair is from AC Medical- "Chrissies" with a high back, full fit, and sewn in elastics. Mine are loose at the legs and leak too easily- otherwise they're perfect for my nighttime use. I can't recall the price but I'm a cheapskate so it wasn't bad. Their shipping can be slow on unstocked items (like mine were and they do tell you this in the fine print) and there's a noticable customs sticker declaring "Medical Garment" on the package too huh.gif Still their prices are right and their selection of plastic and rubber panties is unsurpassed anywhere biggrin.gif I'll be buying here again so long as I'm not in a hurry.

The others came from various Ebay sellers and have molded inch-wide rubber bands instead of elastic. These are the most waterproof cover available in tighter sizes, bar none! Because of that they can get H-O-T; there's no air circulation at all. Plus the variable quality ranges from at best fair to very poor. One pair tore where the waist band overlapped and was heat-sealed the first night I wore them to bed- I woke up in a soaked bed the next morning and it wasn't a good way to start a day angry.gif The others like them aren't much better huh.gif My solutiuon is to reinforce and/or repair these with loop stitching done by hand. Its not terribly effective but it lessens the loss. I wouldn't go through the hassle but I love the fit, feel, and performance of this style- and they smell like rubber should cool.gif Usually under $25 total when you can find them, they're not often listed these days. I'd love to find the source of these so I could buy direct and save some $$$! I haven't dealt with Protex but have heard only good things about them- I would recommend them based on that.

All rubber panties are very prone to damage- the smallest hole usually turns into a full width tear at the slightest provocation. Rubber is hard to make consistently at these thicknesses so many have thin spots which will let go long before the rest does. It's best to powder them with baby powder when storing them as they can stick together rather firmly otherwise and rip if you are too rough seperating them once stuck. Rubber is a 'grabby' material and doesn't slide like plastic which can cause problems when worn in bed if you move around a lot. It does the same under clothes and can cause 'bunching' where they stick. They are hotter than plastic and usually more expensive. If that sounds like I'm saying don't get any please listen- I'm not saying that! If you like and want rubber panties they're worth all the hassle involved. They're just different, but oh what a difference to those of us who like them thumbsup.gif

Which reminds me, I've been slack and have 3-4 pairs of plastic and rubber panties that need a bit of sewing. I guess tonight will be a good time to take care of that laugh.gif

Bettypooh