LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Unwelcome In Chat Room?

Ok, a few viewpoints on here... and maybe even some contradicting opinions.

I hate agreeing with authority, but I think Rosie is pretty much right on this one. It's a tool, we have to use it, otherwise it doesn't do squat.

There's lots of reasons why people don't say hi. Unfortunately with this chat room there's no way to set AFK so that others can tell you're not there for a few minutes, and no way to set DND or some such to let others know you're in a private conversation and you won't respond, or you're busy doing something else. And sometimes you just don't get the right crowd of people. You just keep trying, when and if you feel about it. I wouldn't put too much emotional stock into it.

Now, someone (or more than one somes) have pointed out that the chat room scrolls really fast. If there's 20+ people in there and everyone feels the need to say hi, that makes it scroll even faster. So all those meaningful conversations with people saying more than "hi" or "hello" get scrolled away even quicker. This gets really annoying -- me, I happen to be a really fast typer, so it doesn't bother me a whole lot, but I've been in there at times when I feel like I'm typing a novel compared to everyone else and I get chewed out for making the screen scroll so fast. Now, if a long, content filled statement can do that, wouldn't 19 lines of "hi" be even worse? Now, I'm not saying people shouldn't greet each other, but that doesn't mean that everyone has to greet every single other person. Then again, I've always considered idle social graces to be pointless. Make the communication really count.

That's just my rant on that.

BTW:

NE F AB/DLs PM ME!!!!!!!!

:roflmao:

Hi Rocky

I rarely go into chatrooms anymore. Not much really of interest in there for me.

Where are you located? I am in Long Beach, CA. I love to go sailing in my diapers and am always looking for diapered crew. If you are adventurous and in the area please let me know at socalab@verizon.net

Welcome to the boards and stay Pampered

SoCalAB :thumbsup:

You know

I was just wondering, when did Chat Room start meaning place where HNGs pissing everybody else off?

I don't know if I originated the term "HNG"or heard it but I've tried to popularize HNG as a quick way to characterize the less desireables among the chatters for well over 5 years. The chaff among chatters, if you will.

I think it would be cool if you had to be invited to be in chat. Sort of like Goggle did with gmail. The person that nominated you would hopefully keep the HNG's at bay. If you get into chat and any number of people complain about you, you can still chat but only in an Orphans room for misfits and troublemakers. No PM rights and such.

A post count would help but only if they are meaningful rather than some of the one liners or worse, one worders!

I don't know if I originated the term "HNG"or heard it but I've tried to popularize HNG as a quick way to characterize the less desireables among the chatters for well over 5 years. The chaff among chatters, if you will.

I think it would be cool if you had to be invited to be in chat. Sort of like Goggle did with gmail. The person that nominated you would hopefully keep the HNG's at bay. If you get into chat and any number of people complain about you, you can still chat but only in an Orphans room for misfits and troublemakers. No PM rights and such.

A post count would help but only if they are meaningful rather than some of the one liners or worse, one worders!

Yeah Botox the way it worked with the other chat was that someone was an over see'er or moderator of the boards and after you had reached the magic number and the moderator had read threw your posts and seen your were not a troll or ass they invited you to the chat by way of creating you a password in the form of a number along with your board name. like i could chat as Rocky but i was givin a password number of like 1234 before i could enter. until that time you could try to go to the chat and but you would get dirvirted to a page explaining the rules of the chat area. The number posts could be set as high 50 to 75........ It's really up to whom ever is going to be incharge of moderating the boards as to when you got in to chat. And as far as how well it works, well we never ever had to have a moderator in the chat room ever again!

C-ya Rocky

:boxing:

I still don't understand what HNG means

I still don't understand what HNG means

HNG n. 1. abbreviation for Horny Net Geek 2. A person with no social skills that asks all he comes in contact with their A/S/L (age/sex/location) 3. an individual seeking a session of one-handed typing 4. a person with pale skin, callused fingers and no girl friend 5. any combination of the previous descriptions

i'v been in the caht room fore 6 months and i usualy try to say hello to every one that comes in but sometimes i can't but usualy if u join the room and join in the conversation (and u can ) people will talk to u

now if u don't like people pming u u can turn it off so u don't get the little

a/s/l ers but if u want to pm someone u would hav to turn it back on plus u can ignor them :)

i also have to say that most of them r realy nice so if u want to talk join in :)

Yeah, I have been in the chat room many times, and understand where most of you are coming from.

But what I have found in many years of chat rooms is that it takes a while for others to get to know you. Just 'lurk' a while, chip in with polite chat when you feel the topic appropriate, and gradually folks will get to know you.... and say Hi straight away....

This doesn't happen in one or two visits.... may take a couple weeks of daily visits.... chat....

What really winds me up is the 'hit', the unsolicited pm saying Hi, or asl, especially when you have just entered the room - it throws the typing out and is just nuisance value. I want to pm and receive pm's from folks so switching it off is inconvenient. However, courtesy demands that 'strangers' ask first in open room.

There is one thing I would like to suggest if I may - and it would go a long way to resolving much of the unpleasantness that has occurred at some point or other.

- All chatters should be members of DD, with profiles... there are too many unknowns and 'HNGs' (to repeat an acronym) who have no comeback and often spoil it by being offensive or rude, then log in again under a different 'guest' name and carry on their sad diatribe when their first name has been 'ignored'. Admin can then exert a greater influence and keep the site as good as it is. They do a tremendous job at all times, and I appreciate that!

The chat room is a great place, with plenty of good people in. Some are not my 'type' or I don't go along with their ideas or diaper activities. But that's my problem, not theirs (they have an absolute right to do as they wish providing it hurts or offends no-one else). Such is the diversity of people, and I accept that, willingly - and have fun too!

Sandie :D:D