LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Boosters

There are plenty of them out there and such, but I'm wondering about the contents of them.

I was just thinking about like x-plus and bambinos already have a ton of sap and from what I have read specially the bambinos take a bit longer to soak up liquid as they have more sap.

So anyone know if there are boosters out there that are just wood pulp for soaking up the liquid quick and thus it would give the sap below time to soak up the liquid. Is that pretty much what bambinos boosters are made of? It would make since as everyone says they hold more then xplus, but only if given a bit of time to soak up the liquid.

The depends boosters do seem to really help up the capacity, but I'm guessing that they have a good amount of sap as they swell up really big. Though I am finding with a good fit and a booster depends can easily take full flood. I wouldn't trust them to a second flood though, but a half of one would be fine.

more wood pulp!? you mean you want more wood in there? wood comes from trees, man. aren't you suppost to be going green with the rest of us!? don't make me send Al Gore after you now! :screwy:

lol. jk.

sorry but i do not know one booser from the next.

I have been useing microfiber hand towels as boosters, they are washable and hold quite abit more than just wearing a diaper, the thing is about them not to compress them while wearing them.

I have a cloth diaper on now with 3 boosters folded along the gusset and placed toward the front, and medium snap close plastic pants.

You used to be able to get boosters for baby diapers called 'Diaper Doublers' from Toys'R'Us and Publix stores for about $4 for 30. As far as I remember, they didn't have any SAP in them, just the pulp. They didn't hold very much but stack 2 or 3 on top of each other and they worked well in adult diapers... I haven't seen them in either of those two stores for at least 18 months now, though. I did a bit of Googling and found this which is exactly the product I was thinking of. Unfortunately it says "This product is no longer being manufactured. Supply has been extinguished and this item has been discontinued", so alas, these great, dirt cheap, SAP-less boosters are no more...

I've used Depend boosters in the past. Again, you probably would want to stack them up a bit but they're OK-ish. I haven't seen them in stores for a while either but they're readily available online. I can't remember if they have SAP but I suspect not.

As an alternative, recently, I've been using Gerber birdseye prefolds which work great as a booster when you fold a couple up into thirds... Only problem is you have to wash them after :P

I'm not sure people understand exactly how SAP works vs wood pulp in terms of wicking and length of time of absorbency. It is more about all the components of the diaper not just pulp vs SAP. You have the distribution layer and acquisition layer. All these things combined is what determines absorbency rate. But all in all, SAP will absorb quicker than pulp as long as the distribution and acquisition layer are functioning properly.

Read Here: http://www.eng.buffalo.edu/Courses/ce435/Diapers/Diapers.html It basically states this: "The transmission of fluid to the absorbent core allows the fluid to be engulfed, therefore not passing it back to the skin" there are multiple other quotes but it basically absorbs it quicker than the typical materials which allows it to not touch the skin and cause irritation. Another way of saying quicker absorption. If you just have wood pulp - the absorption is delayed and therefore has time to pass back to the skin and cause irritation.

But, also the design of the diaper along with other materials used plays an important role. I have tried Depends boosters and they work pretty well but don't have the absorption I need on certain days. Abena, they weren't bad at all but for some reason irritated my skin (this was just me though.) Bambino, since they are made soft and have the high absorbency I need have worked perfect. But, test what works best for you obviously. It is all PREFERENCE!

I was actually dissappointed by the Abena boosters, I got the whole big package of the biggest ones. They really didn't seem to hold a whole lot, they did wick up the liquid fast, but really didn't seem to up the absorbency all that much.

I actually tested the depends booster with actual pee. It held 8oz and a full flood from me was 17-18oz. Which given a minute or two to soak up liquid the depends themselves did soak up, so I wouldn't trust them alone to take a full flood. Add one of these and I could be fairly confident that I could flood it without leaking. Just would need to change before my next flood, which generally I only go every like 6 hours. So I should be safe to change when I next had time to do so, which is nice when your out and then don't have to worry about finding a bathroom when you have more important things to do.

I also have found that putting on a diaper and making sure there is like a bowl inbetween your legs really helps along with making sure the legs are all properly fitted. So really one layer thick booster is best with making sure they are between the leak guards, so really I would only put one depends booster in the front and one in the back which covers the whole diaper front to back.

I would also think the depends boosters would have a good amount of sap as they really swell up big. I think from their original thickness they swell about an inch bigger.

lol, guess I was wrong, $28 for 16 bambino, almost wish I had ordered them instead of the abena xplus. Though for $26 I got both them and a sex toy, but only because they were on sale and got free shipping on my first order over $25. Also really wanted to try the Abena again as the large leaked as they were to big and then I decided to get the Extras, but was disappointed with them as there ability to deal with a flood was pathetic. They probably have the worst wicking power I've had in a diaper, I leaked just because it couldn't handle soaking a flood that quickly. So I really want to try them as I never really got a chance to see how good they really are. So I'm really hoping that the right size and the best wicking distance of all the diapers from xpmedical will finally be able to go all day. Hopefully I can put one on before my first class at 8am and not have to worry and make it through all my classes until like 5-6pm. That's 9-10 hours, which will probably include at least 2 floods of 15-20oz and some other little pees. I pretty sure it can take that first flood, but I'm worried about the second flood and it being able to soak up the second one fast enough, which will probably be after some little ones and be the one to finish before changing. So I'm excited and hopeful, but I do know that is rather demanding of even these top quality diapers, but we will see.

At some point I'll try the bambino duo as they really sound like they hold a lot. Both types are rather expensive though, so I don't think I would make them a regular booster. And sheesh their samples are a bit expensive, specially the quadro at $6 for 3, that's $2 each. Since they are samples I can deal with 1.20 each for the duo. Though seriously $26 for 30 boosters, I'm sure they hold more then the depends boosters, but that is like what I spent on getting Abena X-Plus and my sex toy and won't be spending that kind of money on expensive diapers anytime soon. This bag should last me like 2 months as I can't wear that often. Even if I had the money to spend it seems a bit excessive, seems to me kind of like when going to the movies $5 for a soda that should be like $2 and $3.50 on candy that should be $.89, Abena's might be the same price shipped, but you get 14 vs 8, I know there costs are more though as they do lower volume and probably never could be competitive as most incontinent wouldn't want to wear them, maybe the biaco, but at their price there isn't really a cost savings and Abena have very close absorbency, making them pretty much have the same number needed for the day, so why would they choose them over a cheaper one that is very close in quality? So unfortunely they will probably never be competitive, which is a real shame as they are such a great diaper, even for people who medically need them.

How long do you stay in a diaper typically? I will say - being incontinent - after I realize I have wet and it is fairly wet then I need to change otherwise I don't like the chance of chaffing or any sort of rubbing due to a heavy diaper.

Ya, not incontinent, so I am sure I stay in them longer then someone like yourself would. If I get some chaffing I can just not wear one the next day or something.