LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tapes On Abena?

Hey all, long time lurker first time poster. So I've been wearing off and on for about 5 years now and all that time I've been using Depends but since I've recently gotten my own place now I was finally able to order some Abena X-Plus and Molicare Supers after reading constantly how great they are. Well they just got here today and oh lord was I impressed when I took it out of the package, the thickness in my hand was just amazing. After flipping a coin to decide which to try first the Abena won. I went to put it on and noticed something odd with the tapes; there's two of them on top of each other. Now I'm used to crappy depends three tapes that you yank and place and hope and pray they don't come undone but these have me utterly confused. Obviously, the blue and white parts are both tape and I'm not really sure how they are supposed to work. Help a newbie to premium diapers out (I hope it wasn't on the package because in my rush I've already disposed of them.)

Guest Karla

They are so you can remove the diaper once if you need to. Use the blue and white together and then peel the white off the blue so you can use that a second time.

What Karla said... Except that when you put it back on, make sure you 'layer' the white part directly on top of the blue part. If you do that, you'll be able to take it off 2 or 3 times if you need to. That said, the strength of the tapes is diminished after a 'refitting'. If you attempt to remove the blue layer to take it off, you'll rip the diaper to shreds, so always remove the white layer :)

Incidentally, you'll find the Molicares are virtually identical in the tape department. Two layer tapes are one of two categories in the premium diaper market - the other method (which is superior, IMO) is the 'tape landing zone' where the front of the diaper is covered in an unrippable layer to which you attach the tapes wherever you need to. You can readjust these types of tapes many, many times more. See Secure X-Plus and Bambino for examples of this type of tape :)

The 'two tape' system in diapers tend, in my experience, not to hold well. I tend to take the base tape off (in the topic example, the blue tape) and only use the remaining (white) tape. I prefer the 'landing zone' refastenable system.

• 4 months later...

Personally I prefer to wear a three taped diaper because of the hold but I gotta say that secure has the best tapes I've ever used on a diaper. Re-adjustments come very easily as you can do so a few times before the tapes become crappy. With Molicares the tapes are a one shot deal even though they actually hold very well. Abenas on the other hand, have good tapes too provided that you don't have to refasten them. If you do and you are a mover (while sleeping) like I am then the white tapes will eventually pull the blue tapes and rip the diaper. This has actually happened to me several times before.

With diapers like Abena... I find that practice makes perfect. Everyone's body shape is different, and you really only get one shot at fastening each tape... so you end up trial and error the first few times until you find out what positions work best for you.

i myself like the refastening zone. I tend too like my diapers on tight, and with my body shape ( carrying a few extra pounds, the diaper slips a bit and I re-tighten it. All diapers tapes fail sometimes, but I have fewer problems with bambinos.

^ I Agree...not many diapers have that nice refastening 'zone' except for bambinos and secure. Abena would be a better diaper in my mind if they fixed the tapes and just exactly how bulky it is. Its impossible to show any sort of discretion when wearing them. But, that is just me ;)

Guest diapered67

Sometimes the tapes on abena does not work.... had problems with the tapes last night. Also tape and powder do not mix good... Can someone throw me some duct tape.