LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do You Believe In Choice?

It's considerably beyond a "medium rare steaks" level of enjoyment for me. Certainly I can choose not to engage in diaper play (I often go weeks or months at a time without any) but when I repress one side of my sexual identity, the rest of it gets repressed as well, and I wind up feeling less interested in any kind of sex, kinky or vanilla. I'm a better partner if I take care of my needs. It's odd that so many partners of kinky people don't get this.

stating you have no choice is irresponsible and the cowards way out. We all have a choice it's just a matter of desire.

:huh:

Sexual orientation, straight, gay or paraphilic, or combination there-of is not a choice.

How we express our orientation is within our control. Irresponsible is if one hurts others by failing to control ones actions. In a fit of anger I might want to hurt or kill but a responsible person does not act on impulse. It is simply the super-ego controling the id, which we (sane (legal) or rational (medical)) are very capable of doing. Most of us understand the difference between feelings and actions hence the many posts re: exhibitionism vis-a-vi this paraphillia.

Anondl

• Like 1

It is very tough to quit and you would need all the professional help you could get. I tried when I was 15 and it was a disaster and my desires were actually strengthened (at least 'consolidated') by that. Very bad idea.

Here's an idea: Dump her ass. I would.

I think we always have a choice, smoking, drinking, eating habits as well as diapers. It might not be easy to stop. I am not looking to quit. I tend to overeat I am probably addicted to food, if I start eating a lot of bad food I tend to binge. If I keep it in check and pay attention to what I eat. Alcoholics are alcoholics for life they can choose not to drink but if they allow themselves to slip they can be right back where they were. Addiction, compulsion, fetish whatever you want to call it it is in our head for some it has been a life long desire. Medical need is another story, but I think most of us do at the end of the day have a choice.

I think we always have a choice, smoking, drinking, eating habits as well as diapers. It might not be easy to stop. I am not looking to quit. I tend to overeat I am probably addicted to food, if I start eating a lot of bad food I tend to binge. If I keep it in check and pay attention to what I eat. Alcoholics are alcoholics for life they can choose not to drink but if they allow themselves to slip they can be right back where they were. Addiction, compulsion, fetish whatever you want to call it it is in our head for some it has been a life long desire. Medical need is another story, but I think most of us do at the end of the day have a choice.

while what you say is true it doesn't really answer the question. You're mistaking the choice on whether or not to act on AB/DL desires for the choice of whether or not to be AB/DL. I did not choose to BE and AB/DL. However, I do choose to ACT ON my AB/DL desires by wearing diapers.

Sounds like she has a problem accepting you for who you are.

It is very hard to enter a relationship expecting to change the other person and this diapered lifestyle is so deeply carved into our personalities by the time we get older that it is almost impossible to give up the diapers. Some people have walk away with it with the help of ministries that work similare to an AA program but not many.

It all depends (no pun intended) on the AB/DL's desire to stop wearing diapers. No desire - no sucess. The same goes with drinking, smoking, etc.

Hope this helps

Stay Pampered

So,

The girlfriend is having a fairly hard time understanding my DL side. I daren't even go near the AB stuff which thankfully isn't all that prevalent.

She gets so very upset when I decide to go home to 'do my thing' as she believes that I'm making a conscious choice picking diapers over her.

She'd like me to get some help to quit, kind of like her quitting smoking. I've tried to point out that this is wired in harder than cigarettes and it's twisted into my sexual psyche also. I've pointed out that unless I can forget how good it feels and how freeing it makes me feel, I'd never even want to quit. She seems to think that sounds like an addict. I said it sounds like every gay person in history who's been asked to play straight. She doesn't see the connection...

So the question, finally, is this. Is this a part of who we are, to not do so to suffer in eternal denial just to please those around us or, is this an addiction which floods us with reassuring dopamine like all the others and, with lots of hard work and dedication can be beaten?

Should I even want to beat this, because honestly I'm happy the way I am...?