LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Can Landlords Come In Your Place?

Although I would probably trust my landlords (otherwise I wouldn't rent from them) what is there to prevent them from hiring a contractor to fix the plumbing, etc? I'd be really pissed off if I came home and found that someone had done work in my apartment or house and my Rolex watch, IPOD or other expensive items had been taken while I was out. Whiel it may be leagle and in the contract that a landlord can come in when you are not at home, I would insist on 24 hour notification or have a good emergency number listed with the landlord so that either I or a family member could be presant when a landlord or contractor has to access my house or apartment, just for security.

On the other hand, with your situation the landlord did try and give you notification by knocking on the door, which you did ignore. It was your choice not to get up and answer the door, so the landlord probably assumed that no one was home and came in to fix the emergency. Whiel I can see this could be upsetting, especially if you were sitting around in your diapers, if you rent then this may be something you have to indure. Perhaps next time someone is knocking at the door, go to the door, ask who it is through the closed door and if it's someone who needs to come in, ask them to wait a couple minutes while you get dressed.

Quit your whining!!!

You don't want people walking in on you, BUY A HOUSE!!

By telling your landlord you have a leak, you have said "i would like this fixed"

When he knocked on the door several times, and you probably knew it was the landlord, and you just ignored him. you set yourself up.

I was visiting a DL friend one weekend and he got notice that the tenants in his rental had allowed the gas bill to be come deliquent and to be disconnected. This was a "danger to the property" as it was the winter months and the pipes could freeze without heat. When he went over there, his keys did not fit the front or back doors.... the tenants changed the locks. He Kicked the rear door in. The tenant would have no other recorse, they changed the locks.

My friend had her locks changed on her townhouse apartment, she called the land management company and they called a locksmith, changed the locks and passed a key to the owner of the building.

I know when I rented, my landlord had to give me 24 hour notice. She usually gave me about a week.

Of course, I really don't care who sees what. *shrug* I am not as big on privacy as some people. I've taken trash out in a shirt and diaper, and the last time I spoke to that maintince guy, he asked me to take the padcifier out so he could understand me, LOL.

Well, I never asked them to fix anything. There was a "leak" (no pun intended) downstairs and he came up the other day to take a look while I was home. I answered the door and showed him so it was all legit. Then he calls the next day and I forgot to pickup. Then he comes to the door the next day, rings the doorbell twice, knocks twice and just came in. It just felt a lil shady having someone coming in my place without my permission. What if I had left a bong out or something? Even worse what if I had opened my bedroom door and he had seen me in just my diaper? ugh I just dont like the idea of someone comin in my place unauthorized. I expected he would wait till tomorrow when I answer the door. I have a deadbolt on my door but wasn't using it that day. I usually do but forgot to put it up. Im in a very safe area so I dont feel the need to put it up...until now hahaha

Sorry, but, nothing shady about it. Water does not leak "up". The leak was in your bathroom. Water was probably dripping onto the drywall ceiling in the apartment below you. This causes a nasty water stain that is hard to paint over and, if left long enough can cause the drywall to have to be replaced. So, yes that would be an emergancy repair and they had every right to come in and make the repair. You knew there was a problem that needed to be fixed. He stopped, found the leak, tried to call to let you know he was coming and then came to fix it. Sounds like you were the negligent one, not him. On a side note, the apartments I've lived in had chains on the door so they couldn't walk in on you.