LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers Are The Most Popular Search Subject!

Some information that you might have forgotten but also find interesting -

• This will surprise you - most of the population of the world are, in some way, an infantilist - ie they fit broadly into the definition of the term 'infantilist'. T
  • According to the disposable diaper industry, national US sales of adult diapers amounted to $800 million in 2000 and is growing by 10% per year. With the average adult diapers costing $1, and the average person would wear 3 per day, 800 mil / (3 x 365) = 800,000 approx full time wearers in a population of 300 million approx 20% of the population, which is more than three times whom is registered as incontinent. Therefore, either 14% of the US population (in 2000) wear full time for fun, OR up to 45% of the US population wear at least one diaper a day. Summing up these calculations, greater than 55% of the US population wears an adult diapers at least once a day.

This does not include the 'pull ups' range / disposable underwear / cloth diapers NOR does it include the import sales of adult diapers.

• It is conservatively estimated that over 60% of the US adult population (3 out of every 5 people) wear diapers for either choice OR need. This can easily be extrapolated to state that out of every 5 adults in the world 3 wear diapers either part time or full time. Add to this that there is 60% of the population past diaper wearing age and below adult age. This means, only 20% of the whole world population, 1 in every 5 people do not wear diapers at all. Is this the normal people that typecast diaper wearers as weird?

Pardon me, but 800 million diapers over 3 x 365 annual rate of consumption equals 73,000, not eight hundred thousand. This is 0.2% of the US population, which is negligible. It certainly ain't 20%, which would be 60 million.

A very nice try - and it leaves off the cloth users - but unfortunately it still leaves us as a tiny minority.

The best figure I have heard quoted is 1 in 10,000 are AB/DL, and this would fit with experience. At one point we had two AB/DL shops operating in the UK, but now there are none. I haven't heard from Lisa or Emma in a long time, but suspect that local pressure might have been a factor in closing them down. Emma certainly sounded frightened when he closed down. Lisa was caught operating a shop without paying council tax; the customer flow had been too large and had given the much-curtained shop away. It was only open for a few hours on Saturday and was obviously not viable as a full-time shop.

I suspect that the market is generally increasing with the habit of delaying toilet training until age 3 or even 4, long after the commencement of effective memory around age 2, and the age profile of AB/DLs is more heavily weighted to the younger ages. (It would be interesting to compare the age profile of DD members with the age profile of internet users to confirm or disprove this - a project for somebody.)

We will know that we have arrived when the government tries to ban it.

Incidentally, the prolongation of infantile characteristics into adult life is called neoteny, and can be an evolutionary advantage, but it is difficult to see what advantage diaper-wearing offers.

Don't come out of the closet yet; we have a lot further to go.

[*]It is conservatively estimated that over 60% of the US adult population (3 out of every 5 people) wear diapers for either choice OR need. This can easily be extrapolated to state that out of every 5 adults in the world 3 wear diapers either part time or full time. Add to this that there is 60% of the population past diaper wearing age and below adult age. This means, only 20% of the whole world population, 1 in every 5 people do not wear diapers at all. Is this the normal people that typecast diaper wearers as weird?

My maths teacher used to teach ISMAD (is my answer daft) as a basic check to see if the result of some maths is wrong. Given how ridiculous that 3 out of 5 claim is it may have been wise to check your statistics :)

The best figure I have heard quoted is 1 in 10,000 are AB/DL, and this would fit with experience.

coincidentally 1/10,000adults have tourette syndrome as well.

isn't it 87% of all statistics are made up?