LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disposable Diapers Like 1980s/1990s Pampers?

I'm a 21 year old male. I'm 5;11, 115-120 pounds. I wear size 29-30 jeans, but even those are too big, my real pant size is around a 28.

My point? I'm really really thin. I bought Pampers Baby Dry Size 6 and could just about fit in them, although my bottom wasn't ideally covered. I know they make size 7, but those are hard to find.

I know Pampers 'improved' their product around 2001, or so scrapping the traditional baby sucking it's thumb package image. And I was disappointed back then.

However, I just bought the baby dry pampers for the first time the other week, and was further disappointed. I love the Pampers smell, but doesn't make a sound when walking, and I HATE the Sesame Street designs....this isn't the Pampers I grew up with!

I was a Pampers baby. Since I was born in 1987, I was in Pampers diapers until I was 3 or so, so that's until 1990 ((see: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3185/266220...083bc1.jpg?v=0) AND ESPECIALLY: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vintagepampers/) Furthermore, my sister who's 2 years younger, some how convinced my dad to by Pampers Diapers for her plastic dolls, I would take a few and wear them just for fun, even though I was out of diapers by then, haha. he stopped in around 1996 or so, so my last traditional Pamper diaper experience came when I was around 8 or 9 years old.

After buying Pampers Baby Dry, I've been on a quest to find that traditional diaper feel. I tried CVS disposable diapers, but those were just horrible (fit wise and all).

What I'm looking for is a standard traditional diaper, and thus one that also makes noise with movement (1980s-1990s type) that can be found in the typical US store (Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Safeway, genuardi's, ACME, etc).

Preferably has no designs/or just basic designs, smells somewhat, and could potentially fit me. --> While all, even some, of those criteria would be nice, my main concern is finding a diaper that is similar to the early 90s Pampers.

Cheers.

You are skinny and goodnights will kinda fit you but no baby diaper will. If you go to a medical supply store you can find a wider variety of adult diapers than in a regular store. Or you can order Bambinos or ABU diapers online, they are as close as you will find.

The problem is that nothing sold today is equivalent to these baby diapers of the late 80s and early 90s. The plastic is the biggest difference but so is the amount of fluff since more and more SAPs are being added.

If you are lucky, you might be able to come across some of the Attends made around that time - the 90s - which have the plastic that was very similar to the baby diapers of the era. They are thicker than many diapers today since they had less SAPs. Of course some Attends had a plastic lining (micro-pours) that are uncomfortable in warmer weather.

In many ways I envy you as having been of the correct age to grow up wearing what I think of being the quintessential baby diapers of the era, the Luvs Baby Pants before they added so much SAPs to make them thinner. The cut, thickness, plastic, waistbands, leg cuffs, etc. They were so awesome and I'd love to see anything like that produced again. But that was the time when the whole landfill issue came to a head and the diaper companies really changed course. Probably would have done that anyway. But the diapers of the '80s were quite thick and the babies waddled so cute - like little ducks. And the thick diaper would stick out a little in the back like their tail. Cute. But I'm sure that an old person waddling around like that with a butt that stuck out that much would be frowned upon, and thus, no manufacturer would produce the same for adults... Too bad.

If there was a supplier of the plastic film that was used in the '80s and '90s - it was a very stretchy material that really did great to resist ripping without having to have those taping panels - I'd probably sit down and figure out how to hand make some diapers. Diapers not so much for wetting as for wearing I guess...

But I have found an acceptable alternative which is fairly close. It takes a couple of either Bambinos or Secure X-Pluses. Step 1 - pull the plastic backing away from the padding in one diaper. Then cut a slit in the taping panel straight across where the padding has separated. I take the other diaper and cut slits in the back. Then I cut around the pad removing the excess plastic from the wings, tapes and even much of the leg gathers and waist gathers. Then I actually slide the front of this "pad", the smaller side, in first and work it to the back of the diaper so I have EXTRA padding in the front (good for men.) The last time I even used a baby diaper in there as well to help increase absorbency. Then after everything is tucked inside, I hold the diaper tight across the front and apply clear packing tape over this slit in the plastic. When I wear this diaper I also add two more plastic tapes to the side with more packing tape. It helps hold it up when it gets wet. Yes. It holds a LOT.

I have a couple of the old vintage Attends which I might try to do this with just to see if I can make it more "baby-ish." I'd hate to wet it though. The vintage ones are good because they were sealed around the outer edges more than around the pads so they could be "super-stuffed."

The main advantage to doing this is that the diaper is one piece. It does not slide down as easily as multiple diapers. Also, all fluff is inside the diaper as it gets wet. With multiple diapers even with slits in the back, stuff eventually leaks out... Also, I found that multiple diapers really only absorb well up to 3 layers thick. After that, they leak too well. I am not sure if my "all-in-one" concept would work better but so far it's worked with the two layers. Ideal for when I am out working away from a restroom or traveling and ESPECIALLY at night.

Another option I had used in the past but use less now (mainly because I outgrew them) is I would use cloth diapers under a disposable. They worked great at night. But they have to be washed... But I never leaked out the side like I do many nights since I sleep on my side. That's why I am STILL looking for a product with more material in the wings to absorb when laying on my side.

Experiment. And have fun. Everyone is different. Everyone likes different things.

-Ice

Bambino or ABU diapers are exactly what you are looking for. Stay away from attends as they are a terrible product lacking standup leakguards and they look nothing like a baby diaper from the early 90's.

Yeh I would definitely recommend the Bambino Diapers - they are the most similar as they have that nice crinkle to it and the absorption is top notch. ABU diapers are OK but the absorption in my opinion is a lot lower and the cut is strange as well on it for me at least. So, if thats what you are looking for I would say go with Bambino especially after their prices went down a bunch!