LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tranquility Staying With Plastic!

Okay so when a diaper manufacturer goes with a paper back shell it makes no sense to call since they won't go back to plastic.

As previously posted I bought some Assurance diapers this past week and as others through out the county have posted they have gone to paper and they're terrible. Forget the fetish with plastic, the grip tabs simply don't keep a tight enough fit to prevent sagging, once wet it's like wearing a cloth diaper!

So being that my favorite brand is Tranquility and I need to order a couple of cases I decided to call them and see what their plans were and to voice my opinion. The lady I spoke to said they are thinking about it but since they have so many customers that like the plastic they will continue to offer the plastic, so they will add to their line and not drop plastic. She brought up to me that many users are bed ridding and when they move the person in bed the paper back grabs on the sheet.

So good news, sigh of relief! I trained myself to be diaper dependent at night so this is a lifestyle concern, I bought Assurance for fetish play, I liked the plastic they had but the absorbency is a joke.

It amazes me that when it comes to adult diapers with grip tabs over the baby ones. I use Huggies as a stuffer at night, these baby diapers have better grippers and better material to grab them, so why not give adults at least the same?

Screw the paper back, at least Principle Business {Tranquility} will be faithful! I'm hoping that you all know that the paper back still uses a thin sheet of plastic as the water barrier.

So if you have a favorite diaper brand that is still using plastic I suggest you call and tell them how you feel. Don't talk about it as a fetish just as a concerned user who needs quality in their product.

Phil

That'd be nice. But look at how fast the other companies are abandoning plastic for the "cloth-feel" because most customers don't want the crinkly and they think the cloth diapers will magically be cooler and will let their skin breath...

I know of no baby diapers that are still plastic backed.

I do have to echo my own thoughts about these "cloth-backed" diapers and their ABSOLUTELY worthless tapes. Unless you have something on over these, such as a plastic-shelled diaper, they will come apart and slide on down. And most of these are thin and not absorbant. They can have lots of SAP but little fluff and the moisture just leaks on by. But I have found that a few of these inside that said disposiable makes good stuffers since they leak to the next and the plastic backed diaper holds them all up nicely.

A good example is Attends. When Paperpak took that product, it was pretty good (although that micropore stuff sucked.) They changed it, thinner, cheaper plastic, cheaper tapes which popped off, and finally "cloth-like." Worthless. Sorry. Not impressed.

Good to know Tranquility will, for the time being, remain plastic backed. Now if they were a little thicker, they might work better for me (they leak on me too much.)

I was thinking of this the other day. I always felt the reasoning to abandon plastic with adult diapers was the same reason to name the diaper a brief. Now to use paper instead of plastic might give one the impression they're not wearing a diaper based on their experience that the plastic is what used for baby diapers. But I would suggest that anyone under 24 was in a cloth back baby diapers. So when they become middle to late age will they now associate paper back with being a baby diaper?

It's a multiple list against paper back, what is used against plastic is nonsense. Great, I'll get the breathable Attends for night time use, right, so when I'm on my side the urine will just leak on the side! As the lady from Tranquility mentioned, caregivers like plastic because the plastic slides against the bedsheets and doesn't grab. As a user if I'm walking around, the plastic will hold the diaper in place and not sag. If I wear jeans the cloth frays against the denim, the thin plastic sheets under the paper can give under less stress causing leaks. Paper back is just a mistake and is prominent for simply the same reason they call diapers briefs!

Iceman, I've posted this before, all adult diapers should hold more, however for night time use I use the Tranquility ATN's with a Huggies Overnite and it's amazing how much the two hold. I no longer need Molicare. I'll wake up wet and continue to wear and wet for hours to come. All I do is put on plastic pants when I wake up to prevent any wicking on a chair.

Let's stop the paper back shell nonsense!

Phil

That'd be nice. But look at how fast the other companies are abandoning plastic for the "cloth-feel" because most customers don't want the crinkly and they think the cloth diapers will magically be cooler and will let their skin breath...

I know of no baby diapers that are still plastic backed.

I do have to echo my own thoughts about these "cloth-backed" diapers and their ABSOLUTELY worthless tapes. Unless you have something on over these, such as a plastic-shelled diaper, they will come apart and slide on down. And most of these are thin and not absorbant. They can have lots of SAP but little fluff and the moisture just leaks on by. But I have found that a few of these inside that said disposiable makes good stuffers since they leak to the next and the plastic backed diaper holds them all up nicely.

A good example is Attends. When Paperpak took that product, it was pretty good (although that micropore stuff sucked.) They changed it, thinner, cheaper plastic, cheaper tapes which popped off, and finally "cloth-like." Worthless. Sorry. Not impressed.

Good to know Tranquility will, for the time being, remain plastic backed. Now if they were a little thicker, they might work better for me (they leak on me too much.)

Well, you are right about those stupid tapes grabbing on to the wrong article of clothing if they pop off. Worthless.

Have you noticed? It seems even tranquility's plastic backing is different. And I think I had problems with tapes on the last ones I bought. Could be just that I had to buy X-large. (long story...) Of course the Bambinos, Secure X-Plus all changed too. (Booo.)

I also use the baby sizes as stuffers. Anything to cut my costs really. I think baby diapers "tape up" better on a baby because of the amount of the diaper which is stuck together. Basically the baby diapers and adult diapers seem to have the same square-inches of contact yet the adult diapers are 2, 3 or more times larger! And they expect these to hold? Ha! Must be they expect us to be sitting or laying around all day. Otherwise we can use pull-ups (another leaky product.)

I'll have to try the baby diaper inside the adult diaper method. I guess if I remove the back of the baby diaper, being inside the adult diaper it might hold together, at least for a while. Then again, I wonder if these adult-sized cloth-back diapers are easy to take apart the front and back, leaving just the pad. Hmmmm.

Say - does anyone know where one can purchase the same plastic "foil" which was used on the baby diapers the 1980's? I guess I could get cutting and hand-make some diapers. It's how they used to build the prototype diapers. I guess it would be simple to remove the fluff from other diapers and recreate a non-woven inner sheet. Well, I have a case of these cloth-like ones I bought which were advertised with pictures of a plastic diaper. So I guess I can experiment and see what I can do to get my money's worth out of them.

Well... I would if I have time... Too much other work for me to do. But then again, cold nights, nothing worth watching on T.V. Guess I might expand my mind and see if Luvs Baby Pants could be reproduced 2x original size. Kind of like diaper modelling but in reverse. Hmmm. Diaper modelling... Brings all sorts of stuff to mind doesn't it.

All you have to do is slit the baby diaper with a razor, I make 4 slits, that's it! Then just lay down on the adult diaper and place the baby diaper against you then pull up the adult diaper.

Phil

I'll have to try the baby diaper inside the adult diaper method. I guess if I remove the back of the baby diaper, being inside the adult diaper it might hold together, at least for a while. Then again, I wonder if these adult-sized cloth-back diapers are easy to take apart the front and back, leaving just the pad. Hmmmm.