LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Just A Few Reviews.

For awhile, you could guess by my username that I used strictly abenas. I'm a DL, so the thickness attracted me right away. The x-plus was a great diaper for me, and I don't wear all the time, so it was worth it price wise for me to just use them when I had a free day on the weekend. Although from today until sunday, I have the house to myself :) So I may just wear right though all the diapers I have left! :P

So anyways, a few months back I made a post in the Molicare thread- and someone influenced me to try out some molicares. So I got some samples of these, and attends. Took a few pictures to show the difference in thickness from diaper-to-diaper. I sized everything up against the x-plus. Please excuse the cameraphone quality.

First and foremost, I'd like to link this picture from XPmedical.com, because I've read quite a few threads since coming back that have d/l's asking about brands- and they're usually always comparing depends. Let me say up front, that depends are so dang uncomfortable, but you'll never notice if you didn't try a luxury brand.

dependvsabenaxu8.jpg

I'll start with the only brand I somehow didn't get a picture of. Attends '6-tapes'. Although the extra tape on each side may make you feel more secure, the experience I had with the samples were not good. Two good wettings, and I was either leaking- or about to need a change very soon. I was not impressed after all of the talk I've heard about them.

Next, was the Attends Extended Wear. These looked huge in comparison to Abena, and I thought I had found a great, great cloth-backed diaper. They are cloth all around, I believe. I had a hard time getting the tapes to stick. I ripped one of the tapes when I tried putting the first one on. Not stretchy or giving at all. I may have been in too much of a hurry.. or just thrown off because I can usually pull those Abena tapes pretty hard.

The absorbency was subpar, considering the thickness. Although I do believe I am biased, because I have only tried one (as the other one was ripped).. this diaper needs work. It has too much fluff, and not enough of the gel to keep everything even. It sure was not an 'extended wear' for me. I do believe they were all-white... maybe just a wetness indicator down the middle, which may be a deciding factor for some.

xplusvsattendextendedrk2.jpg

Next was the Abena Super. Now, this is a diaper I just received a few days ago. I decided to try it out and see the difference between it and the x-plus. You get 10 more diapers out of it, so I figured why not? You realize how thick the plus's really are after sizing them up to the supers. The supers seem to hold 3-4 good wettings... but after that I start getting leaks in the crotch. Theyre just as comfy as the x-plus's, but they don't have that extra paddling near the top-front, which can sometimes gather the overflow. Much thinner and less noticeable. Went out the get groceries today, and I didn't feel insecure about just wearing jeans and a t-shirt (which would leave me totally paranoid in the thicker x-plus). Overall, I see myself buying this product again, especially with the warmer temperatures getting ready to settle into the south in a few months. I even did a few laps on my skateboard, and felt no real problems (although it was wet from the sweat when I got done :))

xplusvssuperwh7.jpg

Here's some samples of the Large X-plus, that I thought would be more fun because of the thickness. Although, I soon found out that you cannot use boosters to add up for that much waist size. Bad idea, as I'm right in the middle of the medium size. I tried one, but obviously- it didn't fit right and leaked. I might try to wear the other one tonight, just because no one will be around and it'll be coming past my bellybutton. Pretty hard to hide. :lol:

xplusvslargexplusss7.jpg

Next was the Molicare Super. This looked like a very wimpy diaper when sized up, and I expected to wet through it quicker than the Attends. But they suprised me and held up very well. It was so long ago I can't even remember how many wettings I got in, but I do believe it performed alot better than the Abena super. I remember running out and wishing I had more than just the sample pack. They are possibly even thinner than the Abena super's, but they swell up quite a bit. I plan on buying these before the Abena Supers.

xplusvsregularmolicarefq3.jpg

And lastly, the Molicare Super Plus. Almost exactly the size, and absorbency- the color is the only part that I do not enjoy. But I'm a DL, and I usually like having boxer on to keep everything from sagging, anyway. First thing I would like to add is that the diaper fit me a lot better than the x-plus does. It seems to want to stick closer to my body frame (5'5 32'' waist). The tapes are better, and stretch more than abenas. It also does not have that 'front-side padding' (by the hips) that I really enjoy in the x-plus. And I do believe that people who like filling their diapers all the way will enjoy X-plus's more.

But Whatever smell they have to make them mask the wet diaper smell is really good, and is a really nice scent. And like many have said before, the gel is fun for wet diaper lovers.

After just getting these packs of the abenas, I can't wait for my shipment of Molicares. It took not having them to realize how much better they hit me, and it is much more comfortable and form fitting.

xplusvsmolicaresuperpluqf0.jpg

Comments, advice, or your own sub-reviews are more than welcome here!

edit: I'd like to add that it's nice to be back :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...