LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pimp My Room

babyfur

Since my twin decided to move out again I now have a room to myself and I have room fto make my living space a little more cubby. I have a changing table, that I built a from trash furniture and my dad set it up in my room just a little while ago. I used an old army surplus bunk picked up from dumpster diving and some plywood(to make it firm) for the body of it and the padding needed to make it comfortable was my old futon matress now covered with a pvc sheet. I used pipe to make it higher so I pretty much just have to sit down to use it. It ain't pretty but it works.

I wonder if my parents would let me put some railings around my bed too, not because it would feel like sleeping in a crib, just for um safety reasons? :whistling:

Any one else have advice for making my room feel childish without it being too obvious? I already have my plushies in there(mostly stashed under the bed) and my ginormous rocking chair for napping in the sun or just reading,

No my parents know I'm incontinent and I told them I don't like changing on my bed since I'm always afraid I'll mess up all my bedding. My mom knows about me being into this sort of thing and is ok with it. She knows the real reason for the changing table but she's keeping her mouth shut about it. Once I get a camera I can use, I'll put some photos up. My dad just thinks it's so I don't have to worry about getting anything on my bedding when I change.

here's a description, the frame is pipe painted black with chipped peeling paint that reveals safety yellow and rust underneath(I'll paint it black again some day), I augmented the legs so it sits about 3 feet up so I just have to sit on it and scoot back a little bit to sit on it. the padding is a navy blue matress type of thing about 4 inches thick, and the cheets are black, slippery pvc.

thanks for the tips those all sound great. Oh and I thought of another one. I'm going to remove the paneling in my room. Under the paneling is lots of pretty colored paint, pastel green, sky blue, pastel yellow and pink I think it was originally the nursery for the house or something. I think getting rid of all the dark old paneling will brighten the place up and if it makes the room look kind of childish so be it.

I think if you already have a changing table and plushies, and you are going to install bed rails and have pastel colours, not to mention maybe using child prints, sooner or later your dad is going to realise that you sleep in a nursery lol. :lol:

It's interesting that your mom knows and is accepting, but your dad doesn't.

Beth

I think if you already have a changing table and plushies, and you are going to install bed rails and have pastel colours, not to mention maybe using child prints, sooner or later your dad is going to realise that you sleep in a nursery lol. :lol:

It's interesting that your mom knows and is accepting, but your dad doesn't.

Beth

My dad knows now. He had to change me last night and it just felt like a good time to do it. I took the time to explain it to him, that it's an escape from stress, and all that. he tried to argue that There was no way I could live a healthy normal life like that and I argued that if I had hid it from him for years then it must not make it to hard to be normal and he kind of shut up. We were still talking when my mom came home and she became part of the conversation. I also explained to them what I kind of wanted to do with the room and they laid out some guidelines.

Yes I could put some side rails on my bed but a full crib was out of the question, they don't want to have to explain this to my little brothers. The rails can be explained easily, I kept falling out of bed and put them on to keep that from happening. the changing table, is a way to make my incontinence less of an inconvenience, and the rocker, it's more my size(I'm pretty broad shouldered so most chairs with arms feel really uncomfortable to me). The colors on the walls I just haven't decided on a paint color or anything that I like, and as for getting some childish sheets and stuff, nostalgia, I just like to remember certain tv shows or movies from my childhood(understatement of the year). It feels completely awesome that not only do I not have to hide this from him but I also have their permission to set up a nursery.

I think my dad's really eager to be nice to me because his dad's dying and he seems to feel a need to show as much love to his family as possible.

YAY ME!

That's so cool, and you're fortunate to have such understanding parents. It's heart-warming to hear someone able to reveal their tender side and be accepted by others. If you're willing, I'd love to see what your nursery looks like, even if it's not finished yet. I wish I had the money and patience to create my own nursery.

I'll get some pictures up soon, I went shopping yesterday with my mom. She owes me money for some work I did on her car a while back and she told me I could have the cash ro we could go shopping....no brainer there. We went to big lots and looked for some things, she was kind of the voice of reason pointing out to me when something was to babyish for my circumstances. we ended up with some disney prints for my walls, and I found a color your own poster thing and some crayons so I can make my own pictures for the room. I just spent the last of the money buying some digimon sheets for my bed(I loved that show when I was a kid and it still has a hold on my mind) Construction staqrts this week in the evenings!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am trying to make a make-shift crib in my apartment. I have some stair railings that I can attach to a long thin stick of lumber and attach it to the side of my bed. I have a full size bed so I have to specially modify it but I think it will serve it's purpose.