LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Dealing With Disappointment

i think i was misunderstood, i was not saying under was NOT depressed, i ws saying that it is his depression that is handicapping him, not his 'disaiblity'

i was trying to say that he needs to stop claiming it is his disability that is impairing his social and professional life and consider it is his depression that is causing these hangups.

his disability affects his ability to distinguish faces. there are so many different coping mechanisms he could employ to live with this disability, instead he choses to have an excuse as to why NONE of the them would work.

He uses his disability as a catch all for why he can't do anything, when i was suggesting if he treated his depression perhaps his quality of life would improve.

However, until he stops hiding behind his disability in distinguishing faces and stop making excuses everytime someone makes a suggestion, even therapy is going to be a waste of time.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't directed at any one person here, but I feel the need to say it, just in general.

It's been too long for me to remember the details of what everyone has said, but reading the last messages on this thread makes me wish people would not judge others so readily and assume we know the person on the other end of a keyboard. When you have a serious medical problem, you tend to develop your empathy and close your mouth and listen more than most 'normal' people.

Personally, my life-long Major Depression has gradually gotten better over the past TEN YEARS with medical treatment. And the unempathetic people in my life certainly didn't help. You know the ones, they think you're just sad, just making excuses, get a grip, grow a spine, get over yourself already, others have it worse, and on and on. Sure I could pick apart anyone, including underwhere, but I keep my ego in check, my mouth shut, and mind open because I know what it's like to be unfairly or inaccurately judged - even criticized - by others who don't understand or don't care to understand.

It's too easy to kick someone who's already down and think of ourselves as better than they are.

i guess the hard thing is, everyone assumes that if you dont announce it you yourself must not have a disability.

for all anyone here knows i could have the exact same disability as the OP, i could have depression, the inability to see faces, i could be 3 feet tall, i could be 7 feet tall, i could be in a wheelchair etc.. etc.. you get the point.

when someone gives advice, please dont assume they 'haven't been there' or 'they don't understand'... simply because the advice may not be what everyone wants to hear. not all of us chose to put what we consider to be our personal medical conditions out there for anyone who happens by to read.

the OP opened himself up to criticism, both positive and negative in his continuous posts and mentions of his disabilities and other concerns. As i have opened myself up to criticism.

If you are going to post, you need to be able to accept that not everyone will agree with you. I understand not everyone agrees with me, and i am posting to attempt to clarify my position, as there seems to be some confusion, for some people.