LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abdl Sewing Patterns?

Anyone out there know where I can get sewing patterns for adult diaper covers, trainers, and onesies? Please help.

Make 'em yourself - it's not that hard. Start with newspaper, measure yourself, or an existing pair of plastic pants which fit you. Draw it out on the newspaper and cut it out. Fit, and adjust accordingly. When you are satisfied, fold the newspaper in half longways* and transfer it to some thick card. Allow enough for seams. Decide how you want it to open (whether in the crutch or drop-front) and how to get in and out of it (The waist should allow enough to pass over your shoulders.) Then fold your cloth in half longways and pin it to the card, and cut it out. Tack it together, try it on, and then stitch away! Once the pants are complete it is a good idea to wash them, in case the colour runs.

If you make drop front, arrange it so it splits at about the front trouser crease. It takes a bit more cloth, but it is much smarter and more comfortable. It also eases the problem of how to keep the front waist together.

If it opens in the crutch, use faily small poppers, and tilt the parting towards the front; it makes it easier to operate.

I normally use a T-shirt for the upper part. Fit the completed diaper cover to it when you have your nappy on and pin (or pencil/chalk) the join. Stitch it together.

Make a 1/4" or 3/8" overlap on the legs, stitch carefully, and then run the elastic through using a small safety pin on the end. Don't make the elastic too tight or it will become uncomfortable.

*this is so both sides match. Also check measurements so the front will meet the back.

A couple of evening's work. Result is very comfortable, and will keep a wet nappy in place very effectively.

I haven't made AB clothes in years, and like Freswith I never used patterns.

You can make good onsies from womens nighties, you know the ones that are like long t shirts. I know you're a DL, but AB's can get those nighties in cotton and fleece, and in baby like colours. Another bonus is that you can buy them with lots of baby type prints or with things like Care Bear motifs on.

Beth

• 1 year later...