LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

John Kerry Explains "depends' Joke

I was watching the Daily Show with John Stewart the other night and the second segment was about Massachussetts Senator John Kerry saying the following, "Barack Obama was asked the 'boxers or briefs' question. I told him to say 'commando.' John McCain was asked the same thing and he said 'Depends.'" I think we all know this one has been around for a while and has pretty much run its course. Also suggests John Kerry might not be too original when it comes to humor. Not exactly a big surprise.

Now what was especially interesting was Kerry's bumbling, idiotic explanation and convoluted logic concerning the wisecrack. Evidently he was talking to a reporter, and what made his excuse even more laughable was that he was being completely serious and trying to act like cut-down humor was the last thing on his mind when he said it. (Of course the writers had a field day with this.) If Average Joe citizen has to explain such a joke, he can simply say, "Yeah, I was making fun of old people being incontinent, big deal." But a big-time politico clearly doesn't have such a luxury, which means opportunities to get mired in their own dumptruck load of b.s. All the more reason to continue looking to them for comic relief.

• 3 weeks later...