LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pacifiers, Anybody?

underwhere

Okay, I suppose I should give some background information. I was talking in chat maybe a month or two ago about how I'm not sure how interested I am in exploring the whole AB thing. I know for sure I'm a DL, and I'm intrigued by the idea of AB-hood, but I'm just not sure how far along the path to AB-land I want to travel yet. Somehow, and I don't remember how, the discussion must have been focused around pacies, and I think I expressed a mild interest in "trying it out". About 2 weeks ago, I finally got up the nerve to get myself one. I walked into a local super market and bought one. I am now sucking on one for the first time in my adult life. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Part of me feels just a bit silly doing this, and part of me feels like I really want to try it out and explore what all this really feels like to me. Before I go to bed tonight, I think I'm going to break open the package of Bambino Classico I ordered, and make for a more complete picture.

Anyway, I guess what I'm hoping for is some discussion about pacies. Do you use one? If you do, how do you feel about it? Is it different how you feel about them for you when you have one in your mouth than when you don't? Is sleeping with one a good idea or bad idea? Do you remember the first time, as an AB, that you used one? If so, do you remember how you felt about it then, and maybe how you feel about it now? Are there any potential harmful effects to adults who use pacis? Anything I should be looking out for?

Lots of questions from me, but feel free to answer or ask more questions. I'm really curious as to what others think about this topic.

I love my pacifier. However, I took me a long time to get there. I started with 5 minutes a day. I felt very foolish for the first few times. But, I hung in there and got to the point were I didn't care any more. Then, I started with longer time and about two months into it I was ready to try all night. I kept losing it as I no longer had the inborn sucking a baby has. I don't always wear diapers, but I use a pacifier more than I have ever used diapers. I find it calming. I assume the same effects on babies teeth can effect adults so I don't close my teeth on it usually. I've tried lots of ones for babies including the ones that are better for the teeth and liked them all. I am planing to get an adult one from http://www.pacifiersrus.com/index.htm at some point.

Okay, I suppose I should give some background information. I was talking in chat maybe a month or two ago about how I'm not sure how interested I am in exploring the whole AB thing. I know for sure I'm a DL, and I'm intrigued by the idea of AB-hood, but I'm just not sure how far along the path to AB-land I want to travel yet. Somehow, and I don't remember how, the discussion must have been focused around pacies, and I think I expressed a mild interest in "trying it out".

There is nothing like the feeling of drifting off to sleep in your diapers with your paci in mouth. Bliss? I can't think of a more peaceful moment. The best AB pacifiers I have found are made by Marco @ Der-Nucki-Koenig.de/ in Germany. He has many different styles to choose from. My fave is the DS-10 model. Red Shield. They're a mouthful, but well worth the price. Medic-Pro 5s are nice ,too. But, bang for buck? Check out Der-Nucki-Koenig. Tell Marco heidilynn sent you.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

There is nothing like the feeling of drifting off to sleep in your diapers with your paci in mouth. Bliss? I can't think of a more peaceful moment.

ahhh, correction!

Their is nothing better than waking up in a warm and wet diaper and a paci in your mouth!!!!

I also recently started using a pacifier, it took a little getting used to, but i love it. But really, i dont think any words can decribe what its like :)

I have noticed, so far, that if I keep it in too long, my jaw starts to ache a bit. I'm not sure if that just me needing to get used to it or what. It is a small one, actually made for babies because, as I said, I didn't want to spend the money on a special one if I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it. It is a bit cute that I can't help but hear myself sucking on it, though. I'm not doing anything purposeful to make such noises.

One thing that originally worried me is that I am a devoted mouth breather. (My nose is usually stuffed up either from allergies or in response to other lack-of-humidity factors.) The paci doesn't seem to obstruct my breathing much, if at all, but still not sure I want to sleep with it.

I have noticed, so far, that if I keep it in too long, my jaw starts to ache a bit. I'm not sure if that just me needing to get used to it or what. It is a small one, actually made for babies because, as I said, I didn't want to spend the money on a special one if I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it. It is a bit cute that I can't help but hear myself sucking on it, though. I'm not doing anything purposeful to make such noises.

One thing that originally worried me is that I am a devoted mouth breather. (My nose is usually stuffed up either from allergies or in response to other lack-of-humidity factors.) The paci doesn't seem to obstruct my breathing much, if at all, but still not sure I want to sleep with it.

I too am a fairly dedicated mouth breather, at least while I'm asleep. I usually nose-breathe while I'm awake, but I've been told I snore like a log. I've tried sleeping with a paci in the past, but even with a Medic-pro, it inevitably falls out during the night. I might fall asleep with it in my mouth, but I never wake up that way.

That said, I love pacis. They are the one part of ABhood that I absolutely love. Bottles, I could take or leave, and some of the dressing up I'm not that interested in, but I love my paci. Its really relaxing to me, especially at the end of a stressful day. I too started with the largest size of baby NUK's, but then I ended up ordering an adult sized one about 1.5 years ago. I enjoy it, and I am really thinking about getting one of the ones that Heidi mentioned. Might be able to keep those in my mouth while I sleep :)

I can report that last night was my first night sleeping with a paci, and I slept through the whole night. I was thoroughly exhausted from my day yesterday, and decided to give it a try. I still have not had the experience of wearing while having a paci in my mouth. (I said I would try that the other night, and didn't due to a variety of things which came up. :( )

Sometime, I think I'd like to try the whole bottle thing too, but I can't see doing that on my own. I mean, I know I could, but it would sort of defeat part of the purpose for me personally, I think, to not have somebody else involved in that process.

I can report that last night was my first night sleeping with a paci, and I slept through the whole night. I was thoroughly exhausted from my day yesterday, and

Sometime, I think I'd like to try the whole bottle thing too, but I can't see doing that on my own. I mean, I know I could, but it would sort of defeat part of the purpose for me personally, I think, to not have somebody else involved in that process.

The way I see it. Most babies that can hold there own bottle do so. Therefore, this baby should be fine holding his own. I've been doing it for 44 years and love every moment of it. In fact, I've never been feed a bottle since Mommy stopped doing it.

The way I see it. Most babies that can hold there own bottle do so. Therefore, this baby should be fine holding his own. I've been doing it for 44 years and love every moment of it. In fact, I've never been feed a bottle since Mommy stopped doing it.

Speaking of bottles. Does anyone know where I can find a 16 to 20 oz. baby bottle with a large nipple. I have baby bottles I use but I would really like a larger one, because I am a larger baby. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

I like the huge ones you can can get from ABconfort.com, but only for short term play as they keep your jaw open and after a bit the muscles start to ache. I originally did not like the Nuk 5 (didn't think it was big enough), but I formed a new opinion when I did the 24/7 thing for a week last month. I noticed that that after a bottle feeding that the Nuk 5 fit nicely the space the bottle nipple left. I found it easy to keep in place until I fell asleep.

RE: Baby bottles - Nuk has a great bottle/nipple set called "orthodontic" The bottles hold 10 oz, are bigger around which makes it easier for 'bigger babies' to hold and the nipples are shaped the same as the pacifier. You can get fast flow nipples that make it easier to drink.

Wait I have yet to sleep with a paci nor do I have one for myself yet. I've been dying to try sucking on one for a while but I would prefer to not order one online. Does anyone know where I can get one in the street in the US?

The Angel of Hope,

Alice

I bought mine at a local CVS, I believe. Might have been at the supermarket, but I'm pretty sure it was a CVS.

I saw a pacifier today that I thought was great. It is a pacifier with a plastic cover over the nipple that opens. Then the baby drops it. The cover goes over the nipple to keep clean and germ free

That's actually the idea of the one I bought, because I tend to be klutzy and drop things. I haven't actually dropped it yet though.